Feature Wishlists & Suggestions for ATSimulator

Drive Safely

Re: Feature Wishlists & Suggestions for ATSimulator

#631 Post by Drive Safely » 07 Oct 2017 11:25

Would like to see the ETA (estimated time of arrival) and distance left to destination displayed on the SatNav in-game. I don't want to bring up the Route Advisor to see it.
Nikopol37

#632 Post by Nikopol37 » 18 Oct 2017 05:57

Dear developers, I'm hugging from the first days in ATS and ETS-2 and the only thing missing is the purchase of a trailer for a truck. It's great to see this idea. I bought a truck. I chose a trailer and Iesh cargoes according to your trailer
SabR

#633 Post by SabR » 06 Nov 2017 16:00

This has been requested too many times & I'm going to add my vote to it, again (just incase if this got forgotten over major features). The iconic, mile long freight trains of US. Currently, we have just a few cars and that ruins the experience at the rail crossings. Guys, please make these freight trains long, atleast 20 cars long and maybe make them appear/disappear from/in those dark tunnels (spawn issues).

May coffee be with you! :D
flight50

#634 Post by flight50 » 21 Nov 2017 20:09

Lombra wrote: 10 Sep 2017 22:09 Why are there two ATS wishlist megathreads anyway?
Great question. I question this every time I see them. I am sure they are too long to merge now.
SabR wrote: 06 Nov 2017 16:00 mile long freight trains of US.
Granted here. I sooo wanted this myself months ago and then and I found this thread. Piva's mod is also 1.29 compatible. I agree that a mod should not be necessary as it should be part of the base game but hey, the mod does work and I love it.

SabR, I was grinning ear to ear when I first saw it. I even hung out at a crossing to witness by first long train. Big trucks are my first love. Trains are second. To have both in this game, is awesome. I can drive one love and watch the other, lol.
SabR

#635 Post by SabR » 22 Nov 2017 05:18

@flight, before ETS2 happened, I was in to Railworks and loved the American workhorses, the SD40-2 (in CSX livery) & ES44AC (in UP livery). Hauling 100 cars on the Donner Pass & Cajon Pass routes & watching them go by at the rail crossing (free cam) was like a fantasy. This is where my love for mile long US trains comes from and when I saw ATS had freight trains, reliving those old days has since been the dream. :)

Piva's mod has spawn issues where the entire train spawns all at once & clashes with the nearby roads, buildings & everything that's in its way. There's nothing piva can do about it hence I request SCS to come up with an idea to make the cars appear one by one (at the spawn point) as the train moves forward or disappear one car at a time (at the despawn point). Something like a portal. :P
Blackspots

#636 Post by Blackspots » 22 Nov 2017 06:05

I do agree that SCS needs to change how the train spawns in. That's why when I am adding a train to the map in the area I work in, I make sure its a long continuous track and that the edge is far enough away from the road or city.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
mpuone

#637 Post by mpuone » 23 Nov 2017 20:13

So when are we getting this level of tuning?

[ external image ]
flight50

#638 Post by flight50 » 30 Nov 2017 01:18

@SabR. The easiest thing to do if just for SCS to program for longer trains. It's their game and their programs or modelers or whoever should be able to provide that. I did notice that they added a few cars from what I remember when I first started playing last summer. I recall 6-8 cars back then if my memory serves me correctly. But it is no where close to how long it should be. The minimal car count should at least be 30-40. This is feasible. Preferably 50 cars would be nice. I have mentioned this a few times all over the place. The mod works but it isn't perfect. A train should be able to flawless be worked into the map without the use of a mod.

I share the same passion as you though my friend. When I was a kid, big rigs and trains where my thing. This game isn't a train simulator but being able to admire a long passing train while sitting in my big rig, just brings a huge smile to my face. I lit up like a kid on Christmas when I witnessed my first Piva train experience. I was soooo pleasing to see a long train. When riding parallel with trains on the highway, the spawning of the train does ruin the excitement. They should spawn more like cars. Load up at (x) feet/meters and disappear at (x) feet/meters.
angrybirdseller

#639 Post by angrybirdseller » 06 Dec 2017 01:44

Smog in Southern California particularly where I-15 and I-10 meets remember at times in the area be hazy smog barely see much driving on the freeways.
bart

#640 Post by bart » 06 Dec 2017 10:42

I wonder if SCS could introduce to the game a truck of their own design (or based on fan ideas... SCS American....?) - not a copy of existing trucks. I mean all these licensing problems could be omitted. Could be interesting... Just a thought after following what's going on with ats after 2 years (almost). Anyway, happy playing!

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”