Feature Wishlists & Suggestions for ATSimulator

Loco_Bandito

Re: Feature Wishlists & Suggestions for ATSimulator

#621 Post by Loco_Bandito » 22 Jun 2017 01:48

Would like to see company trailers, where you drive your empty trailer and load it and deliver the load.

For this to work at your yard you would have one each of the trailers there depending the load, flatbed, container, heavy haulage, etc. You pick the load then go pick your trailer from your nearest depot suited for the load.
GT182

#622 Post by GT182 » 11 Jul 2017 23:44

No matter what truck you drive, the weight of the load to be hauled is adjusted for that truck and the trailer's weight. Fuel needed to be at or under the legal weight to be determined by the driver for that load. Fines levied at any scale station for any truck over the legal weight limit. Some states like NY have mobile scales that can set up any place the New York State Police so desire.

IRL some warehouses have scales to make sure your rig with the load to be hauled can be weighed to be sure it's 80,000 pounds or under to be legal. You weigh your load and if you have to, you go back to the shipping dock to get it legal. If no scale is at your pick up point for the load, you go to the closest scale nearest the shipper to weigh the load, and if it's not legal then you return to the shipper and they make it legal. Try to get 85,000 pounds of potatoes (gross with 50 gallons of fuel) out of Bakersfield, California to head back East.

Now for the "get around" for scales. ATS needs roads that can be traveled to go around scales to avoid being weighed if they are over the legal limit or don't want to go across the state's scales. And yes I used to do it in Missouri because I didn't want the hassle of axle limits when heading back to Montreal with produce from California. They were the worst of all the states getting back East.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GT182

#623 Post by GT182 » 24 Jul 2017 22:37

Here's another suggestion based on real life. Truck parking. Truck Stops, rest areas, and motels with truck parking do not have trucks pull in to a curb. And then have to back out of that parking. It's not safe and in some cases impossible if the parking area is full. Trucks pull in to park and when they leave they drive out. Some of the rest areas in ATS are that way. It's safer all the way around for everyone.

Case in point. There's a rest area south of Oxnard that has a diner, motel and truck parking in it. In order for a truck to leave they have to back up and cut to towards the gap between the diner and motel. Yes it can be done but at a very high risk of hitting something with the rear of the trailer. I'm sure others playing ATS have seen it.

So as a suggestion, please change your truck parking to where a truck with trailer pulls into a parking spot and pulls out without having to back up. Or the rigs can safely back into a spot and then pull out when they leave. Angled parking as you have it now is not good at all. Trucks need all the room they can get to park safely.

In writing this I can hear the old song by Dave Dudley playing in my head.... "Give me 40 acres to turn this rig around"..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbxNp2een0k. As kid I thought it was a dumb song. But as a trucker, not so dumb at all. My stepdad was a trucker and proved it to me.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
flight50

#624 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2017 01:42

There are only a few things for me so far that I would like to see.
1) provide dual screen support or allow ATS to use a tablet for the navigator without someone needing to make a mode. Post 544 mentioned this but isn't an option. There is a mod for ET2 to place the navigator on an ipad. ATS doesn't function the same way.
2) allow sleeper cabs to rest in non-rest areas. Otherwise there is no benefit to even have a sleeper cab.
3) live stock transportation would be cool
Lombra

#625 Post by Lombra » 10 Sep 2017 22:09

Why are there two ATS wishlist megathreads anyway?
GT182

#626 Post by GT182 » 27 Sep 2017 16:23

Here's something that's bothered me about ATS and realism. There's no maintenance done on trucks we've bought thru dealers. No oil and filter changes at the usual 10,000 miles, brakes replaced, or other work everyday drivers and companies do to keep their trucks rolling. Is there a way to implement this in ATS?

Also stopping to rest as Flight50 said with sleeper cabs. Along a street in town, an on or off ramp, or a parking lot other than the ones already in ATS. We slept anywhere we could when I was driving coast to coast.
nemofox

#627 Post by nemofox » 03 Oct 2017 04:47

Add interstate sign painted onto the road. I have seen this at major crossways between multiple interstates crossings.
4DA43EB8-45F5-48ED-93CA-B9FF06C78DE1.jpeg
Evil_Jason

#628 Post by Evil_Jason » 03 Oct 2017 16:26

Suggestion:

That you can activate/ deactivate the additional high beam lights on the roof and the front separately instead of using the F4-menu

I can use the standart high beam by using the "K" key on the keyboard.
But what about the the additional lights? I would use the "H" and "J" key.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Frontiersman

#629 Post by Frontiersman » 03 Oct 2017 17:33

high beams on the roof .. not here
nemofox

#630 Post by nemofox » 04 Oct 2017 03:25

More heavy cargos with Heavy cargo DLC

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”