Potential New PC Build, Thoughts?

Tails

Re: Potential New PC Build, Thoughts?

#481 Post by Tails » 27 Jul 2021 23:34

Just cross state lines and buy the components and bring them back to their home state.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
plykkegaard

#482 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Jul 2021 23:46

It is only prebuild which is banned not DIY, you don't need to get components from out of state

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
GT182

#483 Post by GT182 » 28 Jul 2021 13:25

I agree Reignman, especially with the Interstate highways. There's no shoulder as in real life to the left of the passing lane. And no fencing 50 feet back from the highway as IRL. Which helps keep animals off the road.... well except for deer that can jump the fence. But then again, we see only static animals and no actual wildlife of any kind moving or standing still. Just those dam tumble weeds that a fence should stop.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
xXCARL1992Xx

#484 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 Jul 2021 13:30

the ban has nothing to do with what people think, the ban is for when the system is not in use, so basically standby when you are away (you should turn it off anyway and not let it run) and this is already an ongoing thing since 2016 from what i know after reading a bit into it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Reignman

#485 Post by Reignman » 29 Jul 2021 08:10

Some newbie driver wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:07If I recall well it was Sweeden where they drove in the left lane too, but only until mid sixties. You can find over Internet the history about the day they "changed sides".
Yeah I bet that's a pretty interesting time for a country when they "change sides" lol. Just driving up to England to do a few jobs was strange and confusing at first. Somoa changed sides recently when they started buying cheaper cars from Australia instead of Germany, which had the steering wheel on the other side. No idea why the side of the road you drive on is determined by which side the steering wheel is on lol. In fact I think it would be safer if the driver was away from the center of the road, in head on collisions anyway. Not to mention when you park, you would exit your car straight to the curb, instead of the middle of traffic. Less likely to lose your door or your life xD. But anyway, Somoa banned alcohol for 3 days after the change, which was probably wise because the change looked pretty hectic enough.
Some newbie driver wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:07I suppose you are talking about the tunnel under the Channel; then that's only for trains, it's not a road tunnel (well, with the exception of the auxiliary service tunnels, that, of course, we will not see. :P).
I knew they had trains, but I thought you could drive through as well, like it were an option. I just watched a video of how cars and trucks get through, so I'm a little less ignorant about it now lol.
Some newbie driver wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:07Too much more than the amount it's safely to confess
That many huh? I need to know how long it'll be before I catch you. I know you said you were trying to explore every company, so I assume you're close. I'm at 15,000 km now and have explored about 13% of the map. If you include all the DLC's, ETS2 has almost twice as many cities and companies as ATS. 1250 company locations I think. The map does seem a lot bigger, but maybe part of that's because it's km instead of miles. Plus ATS only has 9 of the 48 continental states finished so far. I'm almost at a million miles over there, so what's that? About 1.6m km? I've been playing for about 3 years, but more so lately haha. Only took me a month to put 100k on the Cascadia. I almost have all 10 trucks over 100k.
Some newbie driver wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:07Well, enjoy you just have to suffer them in the game and not IRL :lol: IRL lots of those highways were made by sectors granted to different companies so each one of those sectors had their own toll.
I know this is a "simulator", so to speak, but that aspect of the game doesn't need to be realistic lol. I mean the game is 1/20th scale after all. I think it would be more than enough to put just 1 toll at the beginning/end of the highway section. Or like I mentioned before, just remove the stupid toll arm and let us drive through. I just had another job, a different section of France, that had 6 tolls as well. I keep thinking I'm going to smack into another arm, so I end up slowing down too much. Toll arm PTSD. I hate slowing down lol. But yeah, France is the worst. Spain and Germany don't seem to have as many.

Which brings me to my next rant ... the constant speed limit changes. ATS has it's bad spots too, but jeez, it's just crazy sometimes. I mean like every few km it's up, down, down again. The game is 1/20th scale so that can quickly get pretty annoying. By the time you get back up to 80-90, it wants you to drop back down to 60 again. Sucks when you got a police car following you lol. I swear they're always following me because I get most of my tickets where the speed suddenly drops. Sometimes I get the ticket before the speed drops, like here.

This is when I reacted to it, jumped out with dev cam, and paused, so it actually happened a little before this. I was going 95 in a 90, started slowing down for the 80 sign I see up ahead, which you can see in the shot ... police lights on already.

[ external image ]

in cab view:

[ external image ]

No way a cop would hit you with a ticket right at the speed change lol. There should be a grace period. It's probably more of a problem with the sign location, it should be moved back to where the game actually wants you going 80. After the job, I went back to find the exact moment it goes from 90 to 80. This is where the sign should be. Those cops are real sticklers.

[ external image ]
Some newbie driver wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:07How I could explain it... Let's say the time I discovered you had that turn on red on the other side of the pond... First thing I though was how it was possible you weren't all extinct due a plague of traffic accidents. For us that rule is absolutely anti-natural.
Right on red is no different than a stop sign lol. You stop, but if nobody is coming, you can make your turn (unless there's a sign that says otherwise). Can't be anymore dangerous than making a right at a stop sign ... provided it's not a 4-way stop. I argue you should get to turn left or go straight on red too lol. I mean after you stop and make sure nobody is coming. Maybe not during rush hour, but man, do you know how annoying it is to wait for lights at 3am on a dead street? Like I'm not smart enough to see that there's no other traffic. Put it this way, if you need a stop light to tell you when it's safe to go at 3am, then you probably aren't smart enough to be driving at all xD. If you're going to get into a traffic accident at 3am, it's going to be a drunk driver hitting you while you wait at a red light lol. So I want to get off the road asap, and that means not waiting for stupid lights.
Some newbie driver wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:07PS: Now you own us some videos about "the adventures of an American trucker in the E40"... REKT! :lol:
Haha, I'm working on it. That's a good title. I got some stuff to share/rant about (instead of here), and I have questions, but I get lazy.
Some newbie driver

#486 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jul 2021 14:15

Well, lots of traffic lights at peak traffic hours revert to blinking yellow light; so they act no more as traffic lights and you don't need to wait green on an empty road/street. This system I think was added to the game in Italy (or at least for sure in the Baltics). So here, when we see a red light, for us is mandatory always, so the weirdness to know about that turn on red.

And yes, there's some speed changes misplaced regarding the signal; feel free to open a bug report (although I thing you use lots of mods :P)

Last but not least, about mileage... In the previous profile I needed almost 400.000km to complete 100% exploration BEFORE black sea DLC (with that one an Iberia would had probably need 600.000 or more). Now that I'm trying deliveries to all the companies... Close you say? I'm over 200.000 and I would be probably under 8% completion. Have you ever stopped a moment to see how many company yards are out there? :(
plykkegaard

#487 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2021 14:18

Is that unique company yards or also places which are duplicated (same prefab reuse)?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#488 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Jul 2021 15:44

@plykkegaard I mean individual company yards, every one in every city no matter if they are the same company or even reused models. Deliver to and from every single company yard in the game is what I'm doing now. Reignman said that I could be near of complete it.... If it could be true. :roll:
Reignman

#489 Post by Reignman » 05 Aug 2021 14:01

Some newbie driver wrote: 29 Jul 2021 14:15And yes, there's some speed changes misplaced regarding the signal; feel free to open a bug report (although I thing you use lots of mods :P)
Haha I wasn't using any mods in ETS2 at first. Wanted to feel it out first. Well I was using one to remove all the ugly parking icons. It's the only 3rd party mod I use. My other "mods" I just altered some existing game files. Like for the b-triples, I copied the b-double configs, converted them to triples, bought them in-game, then deleted the "mod". Don't need it once the trailer is in your save file. I altered a few laws too, like the restrictions preventing certain trailer configurations in certain states, and axle weight limits. Now I can haul any trailer anywhere and the only weight restriction is determined by the trailers themselves. I actually forgot about the restriction mods after I updated to 1.40, so I couldn't figure out why I could only haul 15t of milk with my turnpike tanker sometimes. Sometimes it was 30t. Same with my triple configurations. Well I'm not using my triple if there's only 20t or whatever. I thought it was because the company only ordered so much. Then it dawned on me ... duh, my mod. So yeah, I'm back to hauling full loads with the trains again lol.

But I just made my first ETS2 mod because I finally bought a b-double. Which I couldn't buy until level 20, which took awhile to get to. Finally there. So like in ATS, I had to remove the restrictions which prevented me from hauling them in some countries and the axle restrictions. In doing so, I learned Finland was my favorite country because they already allowed any type of configuration and just about any weight. 10 axles and 105t in their config, so I just copy/pasted that into all the other countries xD. Cool, now I can haul 30t of pears with my double instead of 15. Otherwise yeah, I only modify existing values to suit my needs. Shouldn't really "bug" anything about the game, like incorrect speed changes. But I use a clean profile to verify any bugs anyway.
Some newbie driver wrote: 29 Jul 2021 14:15Last but not least, about mileage... In the previous profile I needed almost 400.000km to complete 100% exploration BEFORE black sea DLC (with that one an Iberia would had probably need 600.000 or more). Now that I'm trying deliveries to all the companies... Close you say? I'm over 200.000 and I would be probably under 8% completion.
You started a new profile? And what do you mean by 8% completion? 8% of the companies visited? Because I'm at 28k km now and have 20% of the map explored (roads).
Some newbie driver wrote: 29 Jul 2021 14:15Have you ever stopped a moment to see how many company yards are out there? :(
With all the DLC's, yeah the ETS2 map is definitely more vast than the ATS map with all DLC's. In fact I know exactly how many. ETS2 has 1243 companies, and ATS only 788. They're listed in the save file. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you how many you've visited, so you have to count those yourself xD. I know I've been to all 788 in ATS. ETS2 just says I've been to 80 cities so far, which includes the ones I've driven through too. I try to go to a new city with each job even if it pays much less than a job to a city I've already been to.

Alright I checked my ETS2 log and it says I've been to 125 companies in 69 jobs. Which makes sense because I try to go to a different one each time, pickup and delivery. So I've visited 10% of them so far. Yeah you must be way higher than 8% after 200k km. Unless you keep going to the same ones lol.
Some newbie driver

#490 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Aug 2021 17:11

Reignman wrote: 05 Aug 2021 14:01Unfortunately it doesn't tell you how many you've visited, so you have to count those yourself xD.
That's why I started a new profile. The goal is not to visit a company, but to bring it haul and take from it also. So i only take cargo from companies where I've just delivered to in the previous job; achieving that the fact the company is discovered in the map hints me which ones do I've already visited. I'm keeping also an Excel sheet, but that's a safeway. Problem is that not always a company to which you deliver to offers a trip to anyone you still don't; specially until I've had enough ability points to unlock most cargoes and long distance hauls.

So, I've got to deliver to lots of repeated places. Teleport due updates doesn't help neither. And then there's the deliveries to gas stations; that let you in the middle of nowhere having to bobtail a lot of km to take a new cargo (and this one must be from a company already visited to not break the map discovery safeguard).

The figure of 8% was anyway eye-calculated; by the numbers you say I've probably done a lot more; but that doesn't change the fact that the start is the easy moment (almost any trip is a new place where to go). As like with map discovery, the closer to completion, the harder to advance in the achievement.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”