New Volvo Regional truck for North America

rookie_one

New Volvo Regional truck for North America

#1 Post by rookie_one » 21 Apr 2017 01:24

They have unveiled the new Volvo VNR

http://www.volvotrucks.us/-/media/vtna/ ... i_res.pdf/

My opinion ?

Like it, actually take many design cues for the interior from the current volvo FM, actually quite nice for a regional truck (usually I prefer the bigger trucks such as the VNL)

ShirBlackspots

Re: New Volvo Regional truck for North America

#2 Post by ShirBlackspots » 21 Apr 2017 01:34

I like the dash on that truck, especially with it taking design cues for the computer display from its European counterparts.
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map, Italy Map
ATS Map Combo: Viva Mexico, Coast to Coast, Project West, CanaDream, RickPP's I-10 ATS

rookie_one

#3 Post by rookie_one » 21 Apr 2017 02:03

Still very different from it's european counterpart.....the european counterpart have in the center of the cluster the tachometer and speedometer, with the second above the first, serrounded by 2 computer displays, while for the VNR, dead center you have the computer display, and they are surrounded by the gauges

Also funny thing, I think we may know why the VNL is still not in-game :

The tagline for the VNR is "The shape of trucks to come", which might indicate that Volvo is working on a new Linehaul for the north american market, which might explain why we have yet to get the VNL in-game

ShirBlackspots

#4 Post by ShirBlackspots » 21 Apr 2017 04:32

Part of it is that the D16 engines are no longer produced, as the VNR only has the D11 and D13 engines. Volvo managed to have the D13 produce the same amount of power as the D16. My guess is that the VNR might replace the VNL series.
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map, Italy Map
ATS Map Combo: Viva Mexico, Coast to Coast, Project West, CanaDream, RickPP's I-10 ATS

Wolfi
Beta tester

#5 Post by Wolfi » 21 Apr 2017 05:19

Hmm, this one actually looks really cool. If it made it into the game I would be switching to it for sure. Deffinitelly a huge step forward from the VNL when it comes to visuals. (Don't really care about the technology as I won't ever drive it in real life :P )

rookie_one

#6 Post by rookie_one » 21 Apr 2017 11:25

ShirBlackspots wrote:Part of it is that the D16 engines are no longer produced, as the VNR only has the D11 and D13 engines. Volvo managed to have the D13 produce the same amount of power as the D16. My guess is that the VNR might replace the VNL series.
I don't think so

The VNM and it's replacement, the VNR, are based on the same frame as the FM, while the VNL is based on the frame of the FH.

Also, the R in VNR stands for Regional, so if we get a completly new truck, it will either by seen as the New VNL (like the FH), or a new name.

For the D16, it was only a lack of sales, as such they decided to use Cummins for big block engines instead. fun fact : the D16 was NEVER available for the VNM, it was only available for the VNL

Eugene

#7 Post by Eugene » 21 Apr 2017 11:40

rookie_one
What do you mean by frame? I hope not the chassis frame, because that would be wrong :D

But i would agree that VNR is a relative to FM, as VNL to FH

As for a new VNL, i think it's coming later this year, here's a video i found on Youtube
It's definetly not a VNR but new VNL, because of big 780 cab (long and high)
Check out my gallery on

piva

#8 Post by piva » 21 Apr 2017 11:50

VNR very interesting truck
I just want to make a game and mods better.

RiXeN

#9 Post by RiXeN » 21 Apr 2017 12:36

Interesting to see if those headlights also get used on the VNL. I like how it has the headlight stripe, it reminds me of the FH series. :mrgreen:
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I5-4690K |//| XFX Radeon R9 280x 3GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

rookie_one

#10 Post by rookie_one » 21 Apr 2017 13:50

Eugene wrote:rookie_one
What do you mean by frame? I hope not the chassis frame, because that would be wrong :D

But i would agree that VNR is a relative to FM, as VNL to FH

As for a new VNL, i think it's coming later this year, here's a video i found on Youtube
It's definetly not a VNR but new VNL, because of big 780 cab (long and high)
I actually mean the chassis. (In north america, we say frame, Deal With It)

The VNL actually use a lenghtened version of the FH frame, and the VNM/VNR use one of the FM frame.

By the way, Eugene, shouldn't you be fixing that issue with your mod mirrors ? :roll: :lol:

Return to “Off topic and other voices”