I Saw a Cool Truck Today!

supersobes
Global moderator

I Saw a Cool Truck Today!

#1 Post by supersobes » 19 Sep 2018 00:08

I saw a really cool truck today that I really want to share with the ATS/ETS2 community. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to snap a photo before the truck drove away, so I will have to describe it instead. It was a Kenworth W900 studio sleeper, but instead of being a tractor unit, it was a straight truck (other common phrase to describe this type of truck is rigid chassis) with a tanker on it. It was such a unique combination. I've seen the the Freghtliner Cascadia sleeper and Freghtliner M2 sleeper in straight truck form before, but never a Kenworth W900. It was an amazing sight for a truck enthusiast. :D
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good too.
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots | Forum Rules

Centrino2
Global moderator

Re: I Saw a Cool Truck Today!

#2 Post by Centrino2 » 05 Dec 2019 19:58

Has anyone ever seen a truck with its exhaust stack placed behind the steps angled to the road... well really in your face good thing most people are in cars, I was trying to get a picture but of course people in nc can't drive worth a ....

It produced a really unique sound and well I could definitely smell its stinky exhaust. It was a western star classic style truck (no I don't know the name). Ya you would think that this thing was blowing smoke into peoples faces with the exhaust angled the way it was but... completely clean... except for the smell... and now I just realized that design means it's blowing hot exhaust toward cars and people... well lets just hope it wasn't a scalding type of hot.

Fawls

#3 Post by Fawls » 06 Dec 2019 07:12

That used to be the standard here, extra cost for stacks, not sure these days, I've been out of the industry for 11 years.
Being old school, I'm a bit of a fan of the under chassis side exit, only because that's what we had.
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES
They'll take your payment immediately and not fulfill order.

Comp Specs: i5 8600K, GTX1070, 16GB Ram.

GT182

#4 Post by GT182 » 25 Dec 2019 00:29

I've always wanted a straight truck... KW with VIT sleeper that's extended out to make living quarters in it. About 40 feet of living space. :D

Supersobes, I'd say it was a "honey wagon" or a milk hauler.
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road for cars, trucks, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “Off topic and other voices”