Furries in the Truck Simulator Community

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Furries in the Truck Simulator Community

#101 Post by supersobes » 15 Jul 2020 23:55

Thanks! :) I guess a folf would be pretty common in the fandom because it is a concept that was made by the fandom. As far as I know, a folf isn't even a real thing. ;)
HammerlaneHippie

#102 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 03 Sep 2020 07:30

Furries are just people that use furred animal avatars in 3d chat programs such as IMVU. My wife is one and I also have several furry avatars on IMVU chat. Mostly, they are just people who have an affinity with animals and mimic the animals they they feel a close kinship with, i.e. a fox. There are also "Scalies' who use mostly reptilian avatars. There are also other anthropomorphic avatars in the 3d chat world. Mostly, they are just normal people who love animals.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
Tails

#103 Post by Tails » 03 Sep 2020 21:10

I like the new avatar Supersobes :)
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
Mechanic_Wolf

#104 Post by Mechanic_Wolf » 03 Sep 2020 21:18

👍
World of Trucks
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/404150
FREE Brown Wolf Icon by Peace-Wolf
supersobes
Global moderator

#105 Post by supersobes » 03 Sep 2020 21:23

Thanks! The line art is from here, and the colouring is by me. :)
Blackspots

#106 Post by Blackspots » 05 Sep 2020 03:00

Wayfarer wrote: 03 Sep 2020 07:30 Furries are just people that use furred animal avatars in 3d chat programs such as IMVU. My wife is one and I also have several furry avatars on IMVU chat. Mostly, they are just people who have an affinity with animals and mimic the animals they they feel a close kinship with, i.e. a fox. There are also "Scalies' who use mostly reptilian avatars. There are also other anthropomorphic avatars in the 3d chat world. Mostly, they are just normal people who love animals.
Its a little more complicated than that, especially for those who started being furries in the 70's and 80's.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Xaagon

#107 Post by Xaagon » 06 Sep 2020 00:47

I had never heard of furries prior to reading this thread... I must have found it interesting as I read all 11 pages. I can see how your personality would alter a bit in your fursonas. Something about wearing a costume lets you role-play into something different, or let out some parts of your own personality that are otherwise inhibited.

I didn't know people would dress up to go out in public without there being a special occasion for it. Seeing the pictures of Truckerdog at the rail station, I would have assumed that he worked for the train company as a children's entertainer.

Anyway, I think it's cool. I don't think I'll be donning any suits any time soon, but this thread reminded me of that time back in grade school (1980s) where we made our own version of The Wizard of Oz and I played the cowardly lion, wearing a suit that didn't look half as cool as all of yours.
Cereal

#108 Post by Cereal » 06 Sep 2020 01:17

Gosh I am glad there are furries in this community, I only recently started to go deep into the idea of making an sona as for the longest time I just liked some of the cute and soft art.. so I guess now I'm sorta going deeper, and this topic made me a bit happy to see that this community is welcoming!
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#109 Post by TruckerDog » 06 Sep 2020 13:31

Xaagon wrote: 06 Sep 2020 00:47 Seeing the pictures of Truckerdog at the rail station, I would have assumed that he worked for the train company as a children's entertainer.
Oh man, you have no idea how many people think exactly like you do. :D It is kinda funny, though! That's the idea behind it - to look like an actual railway worker. :)
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”