Furries in the Truck Simulator Community

Blackspots

Re: Furries in the Truck Simulator Community

#71 Post by Blackspots » 12 Nov 2019 19:25

Not available in the US
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Blackspots

#73 Post by Blackspots » 12 Nov 2019 19:31

Never heard of them

I listen to people like Stephen Cumberworth, Fox Amoore, and Amahdia.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
supersobes
Global moderator

#74 Post by supersobes » 12 Nov 2019 20:12

@ShirBlackspots The Foxes and Peppers show at Anthrocon featuring Fox Amoore is pretty good! :)

@abasstreppas I know that a lot of furries like the Awoo song. ;)
TMM10

#75 Post by TMM10 » 13 Nov 2019 01:51

There is this one furry group over in Toronto, Canada and i have no clue what the name is, but their main genre is speedcore and some pop rock
''umad''

#76 Post by ''umad'' » 20 Nov 2019 06:16

I saw furries in a negative light. Only being exposed to a side of the fandom you can probably guess, a side I assumed all members were vaguely into. I must say this thread has opened my eyes. It seems silly, but most furries being like "freelance mascots" for their hobbies never occurred to me. Being a casual anime fan, I should have noticed that our interests share the same lewd and untrue preconceived notions. Can't say I'm a furry, or ever will be, but you people seem alright :)
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#77 Post by TruckerDog » 20 Nov 2019 07:55

I like what you mentioned, umad. That part where you say "I should have noticed that our interests share the same lewd and untrue preconceived notions" as anime fan yourself. That's just the thing, unfortunately. However, I am glad to hear that reading this thread made you change your views a little bit. :)

Again we cannot deny there's a "dark" side to the fandom and it is a huge part of it, but not everyone is part of the fandom for such reasons. People and the media tend to like to expose what's shocking and unusual but tend to oversee the positive things about it.

As for me personally, I just like the cute characters and to be able to hug a real live plush ( a fursuit ). I then have lots of fun bringing my character to real life. Speaking of which, in case you haven't seen, I brought my fursuit to work for the first time on Utah's release party. :D It was a lot of fun!

[ external image ]
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
supersobes
Global moderator

#78 Post by supersobes » 08 May 2020 02:16

So recently listened to something while I was driving in ATS that reminded me of the discussion on the previous page of this thread. I'm sure that those of you who have been involved with Furry Fandom much longer than I have know about Uncle Kage (Sam Conway). One of the panels he runs at various furry conventions that he speaks at is called Real World Furries. In this panel, he talks about the possibility of using science to create a real furry. He then brings up some interesting points about how that would NOT be a very good idea. I think that would fall into the same category as the whole idea that seems to get brought up a lot of something that transforms you into your fursona. Could you do it? I mean if you tried hard enough, yeah probably. But should you? Err... probably not. As cool as it would be, it will end up being problematic. If you're interested in hearing about that, you can search in up on YouTube; there's a couple of recordings of this panel as Kage told it at various cons over the years. It makes a great "podcast" to listed to while you drive in ATS or ETS2. ;)
EurocopterX3

#79 Post by EurocopterX3 » 09 May 2020 09:11

Great, does this mean I'm going to need to make several ETS2/ATS playlists that literally range from Metal Gear Solid Music all the way to Furry Videos?
Googlefluff

#80 Post by Googlefluff » 10 May 2020 12:45

Hey neat, didn't expect to see this here! When you're a furry you get used to expecting a negative reaction most places, but this thread's opening post is spot on.

Needless to say I'm one as well, though I'm not as involved in the community as some others. I don't plan on getting a suit or going to conventions or anything. My interests lie more in the storytelling and worldbuilding aspects of anthropomorphic animals, and exploring what a world with them would be like. My fursona is a fox:

[ external image ]
(I drew that one myself)

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”