HOME OFFICE: Dear SCS....

Blackspots

Re: HOME OFFICE: Dear SCS....

#11 Post by Blackspots » 27 Apr 2020 20:38

Whether or not you guys like or hate FMOD, it was needed. SCS was using an old outdated sound system that made sounds sound electronic. FMOD is designed to make sounds sound more natural.

All of you people who hate FMOD, just like living in the past and hate change
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

xXCARL1992Xx

#12 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Apr 2020 20:49

Rhythmosaur wrote:
27 Apr 2020 20:33
@xXCARL1992Xx
Since you have the experience already: Is it really hard to blend one file into another seamlessly as the RPM rises or falls, is it hard to match "under load" and "foot off the pedal" sounds to the same pitch? With the shining exception of their latest Scania sounds, I always have found them lacking there since way back, and it confuses me to no end, because with a "linear" (I know, frequency wise it's actually exponential) pitch to rpm relation you don't need to watch the rpm gauge to shift properly, you simply hear it, but with jumps, gaps and bruises, you get confused where you're at.
the blending isnt that hard if you already have a base, meaning you convert a mod to 1.37 with FMod using the existing def files with pitch references, if you make it from scratch it will be harder but for this FMod has a live function where you can test it ingame and make adjustments on the fly, already a big bonus why FMod is superior, turn some knobs and see it immediately ingame, what i find the hardest is the correct blending of idle to unloaded to loaded

and in regards to blending itself, i assume the more files you have the better, but too much is also not good, personally i think SCS uses to few files, EVR to much but Kriechbaum has the right amount
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Rhythmosaur

#13 Post by Rhythmosaur » 27 Apr 2020 21:00

@Blackspots Agreed!

@xXCARL1992Xx Which in return seems to mean, if the references you have from the old definition file are cra... ummm I mean, suboptimal, you might be better off to start from scratch. It would explain what happend to the SCS W900 ISX sound which I think is the biggest kick in the bollox in ATS...
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!

Return to “Off topic and other voices”