Question for physical world truckers: ever got stuck?

akima

Question for physical world truckers: ever got stuck?

#1 Post by akima » 03 Jun 2020 09:32

I'm wondering if you've ever got yourself into a situation where you became stuck. e.g. driving down a tight road only to discover you couldn't proceed, but reversing wasn't practical either. Or, not going wide enough to take a turn, but being unable to backup because cars had come up to close behind you.

Share your story if you feel like it. No shame. We've all messed up at some point.

Cheers

Larry71490

Re: Question for physical world truckers: ever got stuck?

#2 Post by Larry71490 » 03 Jun 2020 15:36

Happens more often than what you think. Could be a brain fart from the GPS or bad directions from the customer/dispatcher.

Tight lot at a customer and went in the wrong way.

GT182

#3 Post by GT182 » 14 Oct 2020 20:07

If hung up is being "stuck" my answer is yes. Our carhaul trailer's bottom rails were only 5 to 6 inches above the highway. Many times because of the road having humps in them I was "stuck". Once when trying to make a turn to get off a highway and ended up blocking 2 of 4 lanes. Railroad tracks were especially bad. I guy I worked with got hung up on a set of railroad tracks in Pennsylvania. He ran to a house a couple hundred feet away and hollered to the guy sitting on the porch to call the railroad and stop the trains if any were coming. The guys said you're too late, one will be here real soon. 5 minutes later the train hit the truck and trailer destroying them and the 8 cars on it. I heard that it was one hell of a mess.
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

akima

#4 Post by akima » 14 Oct 2020 22:52

Thanks for sharing. I bet you really have to learn to keep your cool if you're a trucker.

Return to “Off topic and other voices”