Potential New PC Build, Thoughts?

Some newbie driver

Re: Potential New PC Build, Thoughts?

#471 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Jul 2021 08:14

Reignman wrote: 17 Jul 2021 04:32Oh and speaking of internet speeds, I'm able to play videos and browse the net just fine while I'm downloading stuff, so what's up with that? The download host isn't saturating my blazing fast 25 Mbps or what xD?
It (almost) doesn't matter that your download will be 100% used. That will only slowdown the transmissions of what you expect because it can't go any faster. The problem with saturation is in the UPLOAD, because it delays the command responses your computer sends (commands like "send me a new data package" or "data package number X received"). This later one is critical, because if you don't send it in time when downloading something (and you can't send it in time if you have the upload saturated); the server side will thing there had been a problem with the transmission and will send the same data packet again, and again, and again... instead of moving forward in whatever you have requested to it.
Reignman wrote: 17 Jul 2021 21:32I've done 5 jobs already, in the Germany/Switzerland area and ohhh boy yeah, some of these roads/corners don't look like they're going to be much fun with a double. Are the roads really that narrow in Europe lol?
People complains A LOT because in the game almost all roads are wider than the usual IRL. So, go imagine. Wanna test a way more realistic feeling? Do you feel masochist? Try drive through Corsica if you have that DLC. :lol:
Reignman wrote: 17 Jul 2021 21:32Oh and for the love of god, someone tell me how to make right hand turns at a red light in ETS2 because I keep getting fined. I was even behind another truck that made a right on red and I did everything he did, but I still got fined. It doesn't seem to work the same way it does in ATS. I never get fines on red over there. Signal on, complete stop, stay in the near lane ... doesn't work. Now I just wait for them to turn green xD.
Well, that's easy to explain... Turn right on red doesn't exist in Europe so, basically, you had been consistently doing one of the worst infractions in here (to pass through a traffic light on red). :lol:
GT182 wrote: 18 Jul 2021 23:42Ok, another thought I know nothing about. Does the number of television cable boxes in use come into play with down and upload speed, while computers are running at the same time too?
It depends, what kind of connection do you have? If you have optic fiber; it's bandwidth is really enormous; so it's possible that the ISP gives you the whole bandwidth for data PLUS the bandwidth that the television devices will consume. That's supposing that all the devices involved can bear the load. As example, when the Spanish operator Movistar (Telefónica) started to release domestic fiber optic lines, they provided a router so cheap and basic, that it's internal CPU wasn't able to manage the whole 100Mbps provided IF the WiFi of the router was active (no need that nobody was connected to it, just for the extra load of managing it). The best way to know your case is just to test it: shut down any device that is connected to the line (not just the TV, but the received device also if they are separated) and let a single computer doing a bandwidth test. Then, one by one, turn on televisions and repeat the bandwidth test. Either there will be clear differences or not.

Regards
plykkegaard

#472 Post by plykkegaard » 19 Jul 2021 09:23

Some newbie driver wrote: 19 Jul 2021 08:14 Try drive through Corsica if you have that DLC. :lol:
Corsica and Sardinia are nice, highly recommended :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
GT182

#473 Post by GT182 » 19 Jul 2021 21:24

If you don't want to be fined Reignman, turn off "Fines" in Game Options. ;) LOL I once had the same problem and then I was enlightened. No more fines LOL

The "standard" problem. There's only one cable coming in, then there's a splitter sending it off to TVs and computers throughout the house. And cables could also be a problem. Some are good, some are gooder, and some are just plain no good. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
plykkegaard

#474 Post by plykkegaard » 19 Jul 2021 21:58

Yeah if not careful you can easily degrade your wiring from 1000 mps to 10 mps

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Reignman

#475 Post by Reignman » 27 Jul 2021 07:17

Some newbie driver wrote: 19 Jul 2021 08:14People complains A LOT because in the game almost all roads are wider than the usual IRL. So, go imagine. Wanna test a way more realistic feeling? Do you feel masochist? Try drive through Corsica if you have that DLC. :lol:
Really? The roads IRL are narrower than in the game? What about guard rails? OMG they really love guard rails over in Europe too huh? They're everywhere, on every road it seems, and right up against the road lol. Most roads and highways are wide open in ATS. As a keyboard user, I start to get real nervous when I got a guard rail 3 inches from me on 1 side, and passing traffic 4 inches from me on the other.

I haven't made it to Corsica yet. I'm not interested in those long ferry rides yet. I'm going to explore the main continent first then go checkout some islands. Well except England, I made a trip up there already and wow, driving on the opposite side of the road was difficult getting used to lol. What other countries drive on the left? I was disappointed I didn't get to drive through the chunnel though, which is why I went up there. Now that I'm getting more into it, I suppose I better go visit the ETS2 forum to share more thoughts. After 15k km, I got plenty now xD. How many km's you got over there Newbie?

Oh one last rant real quick that I just thought of ... toll roads. Let me check my log real quick ... yeah, here it is, on 1 delivery I had to stop at 4 tolls in about an hour, and 6 in 2. Yeah the A63 between Bordeaux and Bilbao. Brutal! Do we need that many? I don't care about the toll itself, it's having to stop for that stupid arm, and then the merging traffic after. There are only a couple of toll roads in ATS, but you just drive right through and it deducts the money. Don't have to stop. I took some serious damage to the truck/load at one of my first tolls because the arm went up as I was approaching, apparently to let the car ahead of me through, so I thought it would stay up for me too since I was right behind him, and because I've seen them let multiple AI cars through, but it slammed right down on me lol. Access denied!!! Oh and I've gotten about 4 or 5 accident fines at them too because AI cars have merged into me after a toll. I mean you got 5-6 toll lanes that gotta merge into 2 highway lanes, so it gets a little crazy sometimes.
Some newbie driver wrote: 19 Jul 2021 08:14Well, that's easy to explain... Turn right on red doesn't exist in Europe so, basically, you had been consistently doing one of the worst infractions in here (to pass through a traffic light on red). :lol:
Are you serious? No turn on red in Europe? That explains that then, but someone better explain it to the AI traffic because they're constantly turning right on red. I've stopped doing it because I don't have $50m over there yet and I was trying to save every penny for a new truck. Those "quick jobs" are brutal.
plykkegaard wrote: 19 Jul 2021 09:23Corsica and Sardinia are nice, highly recommended :D
Hmmm I detect a hint of sarcasm there. ;) I'll get there one of these days if these toll roads don't make me rage quit before then xD.
GT182 wrote: 19 Jul 2021 21:24If you don't want to be fined Reignman, turn off "Fines" in Game Options. ;) LOL I once had the same problem and then I was enlightened. No more fines LOL
Well that's no fun. I was aware that you could turn it off, but I'm trying to play somewhat legit in Euro Goofy Looking Truck Simulator. When I want to screw around in ATS or do some "zero f**cks given" deliveries, I change the fines to $1 instead of turning them off because I still like to know how many I've gotten haha.
plykkegaard

#476 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Jul 2021 07:48

Reignman wrote: 27 Jul 2021 07:17 Hmmm I detect a hint of sarcasm there. ;)
Not at all, it is enjoyable
Don't do it with any heavy cargo stuff though, just ordinary trailers

GT182

#477 Post by GT182 » 27 Jul 2021 13:37

I'll lend you $500,000,000 to help out Reignman, but it will have to come from ATS. I don't do Europe. ;) :lol:

That's cool doing $1.00 fines. Never thought of it... nor how to get it that low. No idea how to Edit files with Notepad++ yet. Just got it and I'm working on figuring it out. I'm just a trucker, not a file editor. :lol:
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Some newbie driver

#478 Post by Some newbie driver » 27 Jul 2021 20:07

Reignman wrote: 27 Jul 2021 07:17Really? The roads IRL are narrower than in the game? What about guard rails? OMG they really love guard rails over in Europe too huh? They're everywhere, on every road it seems, and right up against the road lol. Most roads and highways are wide open in ATS.
In the States you have wide land extensions, you have space to fit wider infrastructures and safety margins. In Europe that's not so usual, starting by the fact that roads arrived when lots of other infrastructures were already there. So, yes, roads are narrower and also need lots of guardrails because beyond the main road platform there use not to be a safety margin of land b ut something hard to crash on or some cliff where to fall down.
Reignman wrote: 27 Jul 2021 07:17I'm not interested in those long ferry rides yet.
Well, the good part of the ferries in the game is that all of them (but the one in Romania) take the same time to travel: the load screen time. :lol:
Reignman wrote: 27 Jul 2021 07:17What other countries drive on the left?
Only Ireland, Malta and some territories that depends on the UK (Isle of Mann and that kind). If I recall well it was Sweeden where they drove in the left lane too, but only until mid sixties. You can find over Internet the history about the day they "changed sides".
Reignman wrote: 27 Jul 2021 07:17I was disappointed I didn't get to drive through the chunnel though, which is why I went up there.
I suppose you are talking about the tunnel under the Channel; then that's only for trains, it's not a road tunnel (well, with the exception of the auxiliary service tunnels, that, of course, we will not see. :P).
Reignman wrote: 27 Jul 2021 07:17How many km's you got over there Newbie?
Too much more than the amount it's safely to confess :mrgreen:
Reignman wrote: 27 Jul 2021 07:17Oh one last rant real quick that I just thought of ... toll roads
Well, enjoy you just have to suffer them in the game and not IRL :lol: IRL lots of those highways were made by sectors granted to different companies so each one of those sectors had their own toll. And actually there's less than years before as with time some sector were merged or become freed from toll (the AP7 in north-east Iberia linking to France is going to b e free of tolls at the end of this year... so close. Also those companies don't have enough pressure to shift to more rational and advanced systems like the automatic tolls that the game depicts for Portugal and some Scandinavian places (all in Sweden if I remember well). In the meantime, remember, 30km/h is the limit so you won't eat the barrier on automatic payment lanes. Although, if you are hungry, I suggest you to use Ketchup; it will make the barrier more palatable. :P
Reignman wrote: 27 Jul 2021 07:17Are you serious? No turn on red in Europe?
How I could explain it... Let's say the time I discovered you had that turn on red on the other side of the pond... First thing I though was how it was possible you weren't all extinct due a plague of traffic accidents. For us that rule is absolutely anti-natural.

Regards

PS: Now you own us some videos about "the adventures of an American trucker in the E40"... REKT! :lol:
Tails

#479 Post by Tails » 27 Jul 2021 22:58

https://nichegamer.com/2021/07/27/high- ... mance-pcs/

This is getting out of hand in these certain states banning gaming PC's
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
plykkegaard

#480 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Jul 2021 23:30

Nonsense and easily circumventet

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”