Mount Rushmore

Trucker_Tommy

Mount Rushmore

#1 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 19 Oct 2020 15:31

Can’t find anything on Google but does anyone know of Mount Rushmore is copyrighted like the Eiffel Tower or the Hollywood sign? I know South Dakota is a few years away but I’m guessing it will be added when SD comes if it’s allowed.

nautofon

Re: Mount Rushmore

#2 Post by nautofon » 19 Oct 2020 15:53

Copyright automatically expires after a set number of years (often 70 years after the creator's death nowadays—used to be less). All of the three sights you mention are old enough to have expired their copyright terms by now.

However, AFAIK the Hollywood sign is additionally protected by a trademark, and the Eiffel Tower is lighted up at night in a way that the French deem covered by copyright. So the light show is copyrighted because it's new-ish, the tower itself isn't because it's old.

Mount Rushmore is not copyrighted (and probably never was under US law).

Now for the big mystery: How is any of that on topic here? You planning something? :)
To drive in ATS without navigation, it's helpful to use a physical map (for highways) and driving directions (for inside cities).

Trucker_Tommy

Re: Mount Rushmore

#3 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 19 Oct 2020 17:30

Was exploring google maps and was in Colorado and came up to SD and thought ATS landmarks. MR is there. I wonder

Return to “Off topic and other voices”