what do y'all think about the windows 11 so far?

Some newbie driver

Re: what do y'all think about the windows 11 so far?

#11 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Jul 2021 13:59

Lots of people has been surprised the tool said them "non compatible hardware"; while in reality in most cases (regarding modern capable PC) it's just a matter of TPM devices not being enabled on the BIOS (as use to be the case by default). The checking tool can't detect that hardware so it reports "non compatible" with no further explanation. This has been highly criticized to M$ (and it's an stupid move of them) and one of the reasons people started to scalp TPM add-ons boards.
nater6540

#12 Post by nater6540 » 27 Jul 2021 20:51

I’m honestly kind of speechless, is Microsoft trying to make Windows 10 obsolete as quickly as possible or something?
plykkegaard

#13 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Jul 2021 21:42

Without security updates the answer is kind of given
https://endoflife.date/windows

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#14 Post by Some newbie driver » 28 Jul 2021 17:37

That chart shows the USUAL end of support life cycle that M$ has been using for Win10 Major updates (no support after 18 months of it's release)

But they have stated that Win10 support will continue almost until 2025. In fact, considering they always retired support 10 years later, the industry worked with those timelines and lots of companies did the Win10 shift at the end of Win7 not so far away; there's possibilities they extend that period to not to have some backlash from big customers.

Regards
Jacksonshaulage1

#15 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 30 Jul 2021 02:39

Widows 11 is amazing and only saw two bugs and yes installed on our gaming pc and laptop. Performance increase on win11.
GT182

#16 Post by GT182 » 01 Aug 2021 12:43

You do know, hopefully, that all new motherboards are Windows 10 and above only. I hate 10 and wish 8.1's support wasn't going to be dropped. No choice anymore and that's not good. 8.1 is so much easier to use than 10. Wait until we'll have to start paying for Windows updates. I've hear that it is gonna happen one of these days, whether we like it or not.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
xXCARL1992Xx

#17 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Aug 2021 12:48

windows 10 is nothing different then Windows 8.1 which is nothing different then Windows 8 which is nothing different then Windows 7 which is nothing different then Windows Vista

also all motherboard cant be Windows 10 compatible, the mobo will never now what OS will be installed, it only knows UEFI or Legacy

and they cant make you pay for Updates, at least in the EU they will never be able to enforce it and you were never the target of MS to begin with anyway, the normal consumer will always just get an update or upgrade for free if certain requirements are fulfilled but they cant srsly take money for a simple windows update, even Apple moved away from this for a good reason
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#18 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Aug 2021 21:47

He means that motherboard vendors will offer no drivers for older operative systems like 8.1.

We have discussed about that detail in so many other times. Well, he likes his 8.1; but eventually he will have to move on.

And about payed updates, is the silliest stupidity some people throw out on Internet to create buzz trying to catch attention of other people like GT182; worried of changes. The moment M$ would dare to try something like that, his market share will plummet in the business space. As Vista was M$ best marketing campaign ever in favor of Apple (look historic data about Apple users when Vista was released and amaze yourselves), such an stupid move of charge for updates could had the potential to bring Linux to mainstream. Really, silly ideas floating all over Internet.

What M$ is doing though, is start selling Windows 365; a whole desktop environment in the cloud with the promise of always having the last updates and not having to worry and all that crap the same way they marketed Office 365. And if you remember Office 365 at the start, nobody was jumping into the boat. Starting by the fact that one can buy every 3 years the new office to "stay at last update" and save 1/3 of what would had payed with Office 365. What M$ did later was to increase so much regular Office price (more than 40%) that nevermore would be cheaper than to pay the 365 monthly fee (for those who feel the fake and unnecessary urge to keep changing their M$ Office suit at every new version).

So we can expect something similar at mid term: paying for a "boxed" Windows whatever version would be way expensive than paying for a Windows 365 subscription so we all go like sheep to their fold. And newer pre-assembled computers licenses would be tailored to prioritize the cloud connection like Windows10 first power-on wizard prioritize and tries to force users to create the bull**** M$ cloud account. It will probably be one of the main features M$ would want to force everywhere in the new Win11 design (like all the private data thing was the focus and reason behind them wanting us to move to Win10 years ago, thus their "free" upgrade campaign).

Regards
GT182

#19 Post by GT182 » 02 Aug 2021 20:32

I sorry to say that the "pay for" updates comment didn't just come out of the air. If so I would not have mentioned it here. It came from someone I know that's associated with Microsoft. I'm even tempted to have that post above Deleted or edit out what I posted.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
xXCARL1992Xx

#20 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2021 20:39

they come out of nowhere, the only pay model is Windows 365 and this one isnt meant for normal day-to-day people but for schools, companies etc. who just need a working environment without the maintenance hazel

we wont pay a dime for Windows because we already pay with data, whoever said to you you have to pay for future updates is misinformed and i wouldnt trust anything what he/she says
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”