No Gas Or Brakes

Axel Slingerland

No Gas Or Brakes

#1 Post by Axel Slingerland » 10 Aug 2014 07:43

This is a rather interesting problem. I bought a Logitech G27 Racing Wheel and in ETS2 it works fine the way I have it set up. The shifter and pedals are not used, and I have the gas set to be the right steering wheel paddle and the brakes are the left steering wheel paddle. I use my Logitech Dual Action Gamepad for some extra buttons, and between those and the 6 on the wheel I have plenty.

But when I tried to use the wheel on any other SCS game all the buttons on the wheel work, even the paddles if I use them for something else, but I can not get the gas and or brakes to work at all from any button. I want it to work in 18 Wheels Of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2, but it does this exact same thing in Hard Truck: 18 Wheels Of Steel and Scania Truck Driving Simulator as well. All of them have the latest updates.

Do these games require you to use the pedal assembly? I haven't tried that and I would really rather not, due to having severe Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy (nerve damage in my feets) which would force me to limit my playing to 20 minutes or so at a time. I can't drive my car for very long for the same reason, which totally cramps my traveling style.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Sh1fT

Re: No Gas Or Brakes

#2 Post by Sh1fT » 18 Aug 2014 21:57

Have you tried both in the keyboard options and in the options of the steering wheel to set these settings by pressing the buttons/paddles you want for gas and brakes? I had the same problem before in 18 WoS: ALH. I don't remember what exactly I did but I think I had to disable the keyboard and let only the wheel control the game (setting the right settings with just the help of the mouse and clicking the buttons you want for controlling the truck). Then I could connect the keyboard back and the issue was gone.

But try in both sections of the settings or even disconnecting the keyboard and using only the wheel.
Also make sure that you connect the wheel to the PC before running the game otherwise it won't work (unless it's 24/7 connected) cause mine was not, I was just plugging it to the PC whenever I played racing or trucking games.

I just had a problem with the pedals in another scs game where both pedals were gas AND brakes so the truck was just sitting in one place lol and couldn't figure this out but seems like here this isn't the case... :)

Good luck! :geek:
Cadde

#3 Post by Cadde » 18 Aug 2014 22:09

Since you have the logitech profiler installed (i assume you do at least) you can bind your joystick buttons to key presses. Hence, bind your desired keys to key up and key down respectively if nothing else works.
On extended hiatus.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 19 Aug 2014 20:31

Yep, I tried all that. The only thing I haven't tried is the pedals, which are in the box the wheel came in, which is all the way on the other side of town in my storage room. I will though, eventually... I just have to get over there to pick them up. I wish you could have two controllers like in ETS2. That would be very handy...
[ external image ]

Cadde

#5 Post by Cadde » 19 Aug 2014 22:17

Well you can but it's "complicated", you can use Universal Joystick Remapper and JoyToKey or similar projects to merge and customize your controls the way you want them.
I use both extensively when i play Farming Simulator 2013 as it "only" supports 4 devices (I make use of 6 in total) and only up to 16 buttons on each device thanks to it's use of XInput.

Let me know if you need to learn more.
On extended hiatus.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 11 Jul 2016 17:41

I'm revisiting this issue, since I now have a different computer with a different operating system. I just have one question...

Is it possible that once the peddles are plugged in (assuming that I have found them in my storage and brought them home) and the games detect them, that I could then assign the wheel paddles as a secondary function? I ask because the last time I was at the storage room, I did not see the Logitech box, thus it's buried under who knows what in there. If it seems logical that it might actually work, I will go dig... But if not, I think I'll pass.
[ external image ]

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2”