Vanilla Since Update 1.32

Wolfi
Beta tester

Re: Vanilla Since Update 1.32

#31 Post by Wolfi » 26 Sep 2020 14:04

I'm currently running 3 mini mods for ATS. 1 is a mod that adds custom HQ license plates and other 2 are mods that add parts to the trucks that allow me to use those custom plates.
If SCS would improve license plate quality (at least for the player), then I would go 100% vanilla.
I know - it may be a nitpick, but I just think that SCS low res plates look seriously out of place on the CAD quality trucks we're getting recently :?

ETS2 needs more mods for me, as I am still waiting for an SCS truck that has a decent quality and is not a Scania Series 8 :?
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
supersobes
Global moderator

#32 Post by supersobes » 26 Sep 2020 14:16

I agree with Wolfi! The flat license plates with pixelated textures have always kind of bothered me in ATS. It would be nice if SCS made some proper license plates.
Jatruck

#33 Post by Jatruck » 26 Sep 2020 15:01

PBandJ wrote: 26 Sep 2020 13:05 Easy to solve for both, make it an accessory you can buy for the truck. That way if you like it, you can buy it, and if you don't, you won't......:)
I agree. Big antennas only as option :D
BeastyBill88

#34 Post by BeastyBill88 » 13 Nov 2020 14:53

PBandJ wrote: 26 Sep 2020 13:05 Easy to solve for both, make it an accessory you can buy for the truck. That way if you like it, you can buy it, and if you don't, you won't......:)
Yeah that's a better idea actually that way people can still have the mirrors without the antennas, that would also work on all of the trucks :D
joschac2

#35 Post by joschac2 » 28 Jan 2021 19:06

unfortunately, I kinda just do modded. I hate seeing the same Sports car 4 times in a row, the slow AI on the interstate or the ghost citys.
But i have been cutting down on mods as SCS gets better. Next will be graphics mods going bye bye
Zeyadtarek952

#36 Post by Zeyadtarek952 » 07 Feb 2021 23:33

I have now some mods I cannot live without

Kriechbaum engine sounds
Mirror fov
Smarty rims pack

Those are the mods I run rn plus 3 paint job mods I made for my company in ats

But I'm trying as much as I can to keep the game vanilla
GT182

#37 Post by GT182 » 07 Mar 2022 15:13

I ran Vanilla for a while when I first got ATS. Then started adding mods for realism. Unreal company names in Vanilla always bugged me. I guess that's because I drove the big rigs for years. Have you ever seen a Walbert in real life? I think not. The one and only thing Vanilla is good for, IMO, is the SCS updates and not having to wait to change out certain mods to keep ATS running or wait for Workshop mods to be updated. That can really mess up your play time.

Truck mods are a must have too IMO. Give the Peterbilt 357x a try, I'm sure you'll like that one, and an engine mod or two to go with it. Just for giggles and grins only. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Steve Pitts

#38 Post by Steve Pitts » 13 Mar 2022 20:34

But that 'one and only thing' is absolutely the main reason I play vanilla. I don't want to have to mess around every time SCS updates the game, end of.
Cheers, Steve
AgMech

#39 Post by AgMech » 22 Aug 2022 22:03

GT182 wrote: 07 Mar 2022 15:13 I ran Vanilla for a while when I first got ATS. Then started adding mods for realism. Unreal company names in Vanilla always bugged me. I guess that's because I drove the big rigs for years. Have you ever seen a Walbert in real life? I think not. The one and only thing Vanilla is good for, IMO, is the SCS updates and not having to wait to change out certain mods to keep ATS running or wait for Workshop mods to be updated. That can really mess up your play time.

Truck mods are a must have too IMO. Give the Peterbilt 357x a try, I'm sure you'll like that one, and an engine mod or two to go with it. Just for giggles and grins only. ;)
Agree on that on. I started many sims that way, till I saw what was available out there.... SCS has a great base game. But mods are icing on the cake. I have Never seen a Walbert in all my life ??? Thank goodness for modders that know their stuff. If an update is coming , I just wait a bit til mods get updated before I play again. No big deal. I could care less about the legality issues. Modders can work around that, and the " fake " signs, businesses and company names throws the idea of a " simulation" right out the window. Also like to use older trucks. In reality , everyone is not driving something brand new. I step out my door and see a lot of older, used vehicles driving by. Works the same in Farm Sim. Nice to have more choices. What is the point of great scenery graphics, when the signage/companies are all fake / wrong ? Makes it look like " just a computer game " .... Have to have the immersion...
[ external image ]
Nothing better than riding a fine horse, through new country
GT182

#40 Post by GT182 » 25 Aug 2022 01:06

Yeah, mods make ATS as real as it can get. I just got mine running again tonight. I saw another 1.45 update and got looking at my mods. Found 3 not compatible and deactivated them. Works pretty well so far. I'm trying K-Dogs map mod and see just about all maps are rolled into one. Makes it a lot easier to add them. Now to get a trip to Montana. But I think I'll move to a Montana garage. Either Butte or Billings. I'd love to see Yellowstone Ranch add to Montana. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “Vanilla Gamers”