Mods to Vanilla

Underscore_101_

Re: Mods to Vanilla

#11 Post by Underscore_101_ » 16 Jan 2020 12:20

@Wolfi Is that one that also removes the invisible wall?

Because I have seen many that remove the crosses and such for ATS, but none that also remove the walls where the crosses and such are for ATS, the one I use in ets2 (Roman71's) does remove the walls.
I've also used that in ATS some time ago, but since 1.35 (maybe 1.34) it doesn't have any effect from the looks of it, could be just me (my setup) though, I don't play ATS enough to remember it that well :-)
Wolfi
Beta tester

#12 Post by Wolfi » 16 Jan 2020 13:41

Nah, the one I use only makes them invisible.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Underscore_101_

#13 Post by Underscore_101_ » 17 Jan 2020 17:29

that's a small shame :-)
I don't mind to drive into the void by my own mistake (which so far has never happened) , but I really don't like crashing into something I can't see.

Only once it crashed my game in the sense that I drove into a dead end on a map mod, but once in +2000 hours of game play isn't that much and I can only blame myself for trying :-)
TomDooley

#14 Post by TomDooley » 17 Jan 2020 17:42

I've begun to make mods "vanilla-compatible", means, that they fit on default mount points. Makes things easier when SCS does another hare-brained redesign.
nautofon

#15 Post by nautofon » 22 Jan 2020 10:30

@Underscore_101_, to remove xxxx walls completely and explore the world behind them, try "Invisible Dead End" (aka "ide130") by Volvo_King, http://www.modsats.com/invisible-dead-end-ats/. It works fine here with ATS version 1.36.

viewtopic.php?t=251239 has some more suggestions.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
bobgrey1997

#16 Post by bobgrey1997 » 22 Jan 2020 12:43

I used to use several mods (maps, AI packs, road and ground textures, weather mods, etc) for the first year or so of ATS being out.
However, I have since went to mostly vanilla, only using a few skin mods and that Skoda car mod (the one MP uses) simy because I have the occasional urge to zip around the map for a while. I have since even gotten rid of most of these.
Now, all I use is the silent weigh station beeper mod and my own skin mod. I'll probably never play this game again without these two. The beeper is one aspect of realism I don't care for (it hurts my ears and gives me a headache) and the skin is something that has no effect on gameplay so there would never be a reason to get rid of it (plus, it looks cool).

So, to respond to the original post:
I have gone from a LOT of mods to practically vanilla and I enjoy it.
I do spend a decent percentage of my ATS time in the Editor working on one of my two map mod projects, but when I actually play the game, it is vanilla.
Now that I got Washington DLC, I am thinking of redownloading the Minor Urban Overhaul mod, as it fixes my most major issues with the game: the pre-rescale remnants of California's terrain and signage and brings it up to modern standard. I also used to use Tonapah Reworked, but it is no longer updated because SCS reworked it in the base game. Shame, because the mod did a MUCH better job than SCS did.
Underscore_101_

#17 Post by Underscore_101_ » 22 Jan 2020 17:06

@nautofon thanks for the suggestions, will have a look next weekend :-)
caveman

#18 Post by caveman » 30 Apr 2020 21:57

I use ATS with no mods exept some self-made skin mods(but that doesn't count as "mod" i think).Why i prefer the vanilla version?Simple,i don't feel the need to pimp up this sim since it is great as it is.
Madkine
Global moderator

#19 Post by Madkine » 03 May 2020 02:16

@caveman A mod is a mod is a mod, so not vanilla.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Trucker_71

#20 Post by Trucker_71 » 03 May 2020 04:40

A little late to the party but here's my take on the subject.
I have one profile that is vanilla that I go to when the urge hits. My problem with vanilla is that to me trucks are supposed to have company names, company colors and other info on them. So to me a straight vanilla truck is unrealistic. ;)

Return to “Vanilla Gamers”