New Mack Truck coming

arthurcfbr

New Mack Truck coming

#1 Post by arthurcfbr » 03 Aug 2017 18:55

Well. First Freightliner, then Vovlo and now Mack:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoPQzmTEkXU&t=5s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQgUtPQ0a-U
My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)
Frontiersman

Re: New Mack Truck coming

#2 Post by Frontiersman » 03 Aug 2017 19:09

Wow!
My speculation drive is in high gear.... mums the word on progress with other manufacturers, then Freightliner, Volvo and Mack announce new trucks, and SCS posts "Plus one big surprise which we're trying to prepare for you and which we don't want to spoil yet."
I'm not saying they're related, and in fact they probably aren't at all.
But my mind reels...
Centrino2

#3 Post by Centrino2 » 26 Aug 2017 18:46

PACCAR had played their cards about 5 years ago. These guys are just catching up... Yes it took them 5 years.😒
arthurcfbr

#4 Post by arthurcfbr » 14 Sep 2017 15:30

My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#5 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 Sep 2017 15:47

Centrino2 wrote: 26 Aug 2017 18:46 These guys are just catching up...
Now if only they would catch up with PACCAR and in game content. :|
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
rookie_one

#6 Post by rookie_one » 14 Sep 2017 16:05

Knowing that Mack is owned by volvo, this is not surprising
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
Centrino2

#7 Post by Centrino2 » 12 Feb 2018 23:54

Well, since ya didn't say which MACK truck it was here is the Pinnacle.... pretty sure it was more aero back then.

Meh I'll just throw this 2018 Lonestar here too since it has also received a noticeable update, it the thing ya always look at if you don't want a ticket.
Kinda interesting that truckers (at least on Youtube) don't say anything bad about Macks reliability.... but yet they do knock on Volvo's reliability... and I have seen those Volvos go up in smoke in real life and in Allie's videos... but I don't ever remember seeing anything like that happen to a Mack.
Lexx

#8 Post by Lexx » 13 Feb 2018 04:27

The Pinnacle looks very good. Definitely something I would drive, if SCS would add it to the game!
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
Centrino2

#9 Post by Centrino2 » 14 Feb 2018 06:01

Better to view this on a phone or VR headset

Are we caring about dump trucks?

Anyone noticed the special rims? That is not usual for manufacturers to do at truck shows. Actually it looks like the ETS2 Ravens.

Saw the New VNL today... day cab in white with no company livery... for the first time.... ever.... even though their plant is in Virginia and their headquarters is in Greensboro North Carolina. Actually I almost didn't notice it because I was going the opposite direction and the VNL was being obscured by another white truck. But I have seen plenty of the new Internationals and New Cascadias (Cascadas had company liveries before they were even on the road), but I see the Internationals more often. But really the new VNL can look ugly from certain angles due to those headlights (always had mixed feelings about those headlights)... especially when it has a chrome front bumper.... painted looks way better... but the interior just screams fleet truck ... or at least next gen fleet truck (almost no styling... if there was any). Peterbilt did the best with the driving area, even six years later, and Cascadia does best with the exterior (no ugly viewing angles) and sleeper... even though they threw away storage under the bed for a table (Volvo did the same thing too... possibly copied the Cascadia).

Mack is clearly meant for the owner operators, plenty of style... although it may not suit certain tastes... or at least what shows in the videos.
room217au

#10 Post by room217au » 14 Feb 2018 07:13

Centrino2 wrote: 12 Feb 2018 23:54[..]and I have seen those Volvos go up in smoke in real life and in Allie's videos... but I don't ever remember seeing anything like that happen to a Mack.
I was one of the first "civilians" to drive the then new Mack Titan in 1996 or so when it was released in Australia along with the Premium rigid, a dump truck and a couple of other models. We did a "roadshow" with the six trucks to show Mack dealers around this country.
Mack Engineers who were along for the run as tech advisors to dealers said that they had to re-design the entire transmission because the Titan's engine (also new design) had so much torque (2400ft/lbs) that it was stripping the transmission input shaft. 650hp (If memory serves) up front makes for some heavy output.
There was an owner/driver in Central Queensland that had an earlier Mack with a 575hp engine in his truck. pulling a single trailer on a regular route each week. Driver reckons after getting to top gear leaving home, he changed gears twice on the trip. Word is Mack gave him a Titan as a tryout. Driver added a trailer and says he was in top gear the whole trip.

"Get a Mack. Make a man o' ya."
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.

Return to “Real world”