Trucks at the Music Factory

Some newbie driver

Re: Trucks at the Music Factory

#11 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Jul 2019 17:45

BK Vissers wrote: 16 Jul 2019 13:07 Am I seeing that right? The yellow Volvo has an air deflector in the middle of the hood?
@supersobes recently linked a G-Maps Street View image of another Volvo with the same deflector; it can be seen from closer.

But it seems to me too vertical and non-aerodynamic to be a deflector. It seems more a shield to avoid dirt and bugs to hit on the main windscreen.

EDIT: Yes, they are for bugs and dirt but more aerodynamic that it seems from the point of view of those images: https://www.raneystruckparts.com/volvo- ... g-shields/
J. Ritter

#12 Post by J. Ritter » 16 Jul 2019 17:51

Ah, thanks for the insight!
supersobes
Global moderator

#13 Post by supersobes » 17 Jul 2019 15:48

That red Peterbilt is love in the form of solid matter! That is a gorgeous truck! :o

I also love the Volvo food delivery service. I always find those types of trucks interesting, particularly because they are built almost like OTR trucks, but they are used for a very different use. Those types of trucks also look very cool when they are painted up in the US.Foods livery.

Very cool photos! Thanks for sharing! :)
J. Ritter

#14 Post by J. Ritter » 17 Jul 2019 16:35

That Pete made want to bust out a Tom Dooley rig in the game. Been a while since I scratched my 579 itch, haha.

And yeah, the food service truck is cool to me because I just love trucks in general, and am always interested in all the different configurations that are out there!
J. Ritter

#15 Post by J. Ritter » 04 Sep 2019 17:56

A Cascadia, Prostar, and custom Pete parked at the amphitheater today! 311 is not playing tonight, but the decal was on the Pete's trailer.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “Real world”