Woof in America

JUseeTV

Re: GT-Mike's American Adventures

#361 Post by JUseeTV » 20 Apr 2017 10:28

Great work Mike really nice that Kenworth send you them this is how stuff must work!
ETS2 Version 1.27(Steam) ProMods 2.16 -Going East, Scandinavia, Vive la France-
Currently driving for PWT Thermo Laakdal
Links:

Flickr
My screenshotgallery

TruckSimChris

#362 Post by TruckSimChris » 20 Apr 2017 10:34

Ah! I ask because it seems like every time you post a real picture of a US truck it always has Euro plates on it. :lol: :lol:

I find it hilarious that anyone in Europe would want our trucks. Makes no sense to me. :roll: :lol:

Wolfi
Beta tester

#363 Post by Wolfi » 20 Apr 2017 11:03

The US trucks+Euro plates is pure coincidence, I promise! :mrgreen: As I mentioned above K100's are quite popular (well at least when it comes to imported trucks), especially in heavy haulage. Apparently they aren't very expensive to service and yet fairly indestructible :? (and man, they look amazing)
And here are the Swiss ones:
The company is named Friderici and, from what I know, still uses them.
This makes me feel abit sad tho.. because of the dumb bridge formula (no offence :P) Kenworth doesn't make those anymore. I'm really curious how they would look like, if they were produced today. (like the W900) And yeah I know there's the K200, but it's an Aussie truck and as such it's design is probably very differrent from what a US one would possibly look like. (just like the K100 US and AUS are quite differrent)
:wolf: One woof to hug them all. :wolf:

BK Vissers

#364 Post by BK Vissers » 20 Apr 2017 11:35

Interesting stuff. Are there actually Kenworth dealers in Europe? I wonder how these were imported, and if they had to be converted to local regulations.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Moh1336
Beta tester

#365 Post by Moh1336 » 20 Apr 2017 11:40

There's DAF dealers. PACCAR own DAF.
My Blog/Mod page: http://ijsmods.wordpress.com
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

Jarrad

#366 Post by Jarrad » 20 Apr 2017 12:15

^^^^ But if it's like Paccar Australia and Peterbilt, they won't touch/support them.

Usually these sorts of things are handled by the aftermarket

BK Vissers

#367 Post by BK Vissers » 20 Apr 2017 12:18

@ Moh

Yes, but

-that doesn't mean DAF dealers sell them. Daimler owns Freightliner yet we don't see Actros on sale in North America. Or am I missing something?

-Paccar didn't own DAF when those KW COE were sold, I think. They are older that, aren't they?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Wolfi
Beta tester

#368 Post by Wolfi » 20 Apr 2017 12:35

BK Vissers wrote:Interesting stuff. Are there actually Kenworth dealers in Europe? I wonder how these were imported, and if they had to be converted to local regulations.
There are no KW dealers in Europe, those trucks are imported directly from US and obviously transported by ships :P And yes - they are converted - if you take a closer look you'll notice the front indicators are moved downwards (that's for Switzerland - other countries allow indicators to be higher, however they require additional marker lights to be placed, and rear lamps (not visible here) are obviously changed. From what I understand thanks to the simple design you don't really need more changes in the K100. Although it's worth mentioning that most, if not all, Kenworths imported to Europe are the ones with their front axle moved backwards. (better manouverability)

As for servicing:
Jarrad wrote:Usually these sorts of things are handled by the aftermarket
:wolf: One woof to hug them all. :wolf:

Hakan

GT-Mike's American Adventures

#369 Post by Hakan » 20 Apr 2017 15:30

Very nice truck!!
Game Version 1.27 (Steam) - All Map DLC Going East + Scandinavia + Vive La France
Owner Celik Logistics Liege Belgium Story Teller Adventure Maker Screenshots Maker! Truck Spotter!

TruckSimChris

#370 Post by TruckSimChris » 21 Apr 2017 14:47

There's a Swiss company with a fleet of K100s??? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, no offense taken. The bridge formula is dumb. ;) There have been efforts to make changes to it but the problem is all of our trucks are already built to the bridge formula, so any law change would cost the industry billions to upgrade/replace all of our trucks and trailers.

But I will admit, because of the bridge formula, you get to see some pretty interesting truck configurations if you live in the right state ( :roll: ), like these "super 18" straight trucks. :mrgreen:

Return to “Game”