RB Group Skins by Dafman

DAFmanXFE6

Re: RB Group Skins by Dafman

#231 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 28 May 2017 21:41

https://flic.kr/p/Tbaa5u

[ external image ]ats_13783 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

[ external image ]ats_13784 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Looks much better on Viper's Pete, took awhile to find the right stickers to go on the step, not sure I got the orange one right but I couldn't find anything closer than that

Dafman :)
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
BK Vissers

#232 Post by BK Vissers » 29 May 2017 12:40

Nice detail work :)
Hakan

RB Group Skins by Dafman

#233 Post by Hakan » 30 May 2017 14:49

:o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: cool!
DAFmanXFE6

#234 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 25 Jun 2017 20:23

Hello everyone,

These are about to go live:

SCS Peterbilt versions of these I've already put on Viper2's one:

Jade:
[ external image ]ats_14029 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Metallic Red Stripe
[ external image ]ats_13989 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Rix Motel
[ external image ]ats_13963 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Farmer's Oil
[ external image ]ats_14030 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Then I've done a skin pack with 4 different First Class Services paintjobs in them:
[ external image ]ats_14047 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

[ external image ]ats_14048 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

[ external image ]ats_14049 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

[ external image ]ats_14050 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

In my little world I've got another interesting Peterbilt 389 skin in the works which should be fun. I've also finished my front and rear suspension and attached it to the chassis, we are slowly getting there!! :D
[ external image ]GMC Astro Chassis 8 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr
Had abit of a noob moment when I first put on the front in that the scale was well out so my front would've been raised up higher than the rear like a backwards dragstar, this is now fixed so all the axle points are at the same level!! :)

Dafman

Hakan

RB Group Skins by Dafman

#235 Post by Hakan » 26 Jun 2017 23:58

Very great skins!
DAFmanXFE6

#236 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 14 Jul 2017 23:55

Hmm been awhile since I updated this:

Lets start with heavy haul, this has been quite a fun trailer pack and I enjoyed it for the most part. I even managed to get my 1000t's in a week on my WoT profile despite WoT going down from midday sat until monday night, the last night I could make it up was abit fraught as I had to combat the loads that were expiring from the 7 day rule! It was made easier with the massive CAT engined 379 I had:
[ external image ]
ats_14215 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr
the inspiration for this skin comes from Fidiuss who uploaded their version a long time ago and it was a skin I used the most before I learnt how to do it myself. My version I just changed the lines but the colour scheme and effects were kept from Fidiuss' version. if you would like to use their version it can be found here: http://atsmods.lt/2tone-skin-for-the-pe ... er-63-cab/

If you remember awhile ago I put this paintjob on Viper2's lovely 389 but I haven't really used it.
[ external image ]
Really Handsome Holtz by Bill Bedell, on Flickr

I also did a couple of skins for the SCS trucks, first up the W900. Now I'm probably going to cause a few raised eyebrows but I hate this truck (like the Scania's in ETS2), it doesn't sound good, it's too long, and the torque settings are weird (the other SCS trucks are fine so it's not me being spoilt with the power from Viper2's 389) and finally I just can't seem to make it look good, everyone else can but I suck at it so I have truck envy! In any case the few skins I've done for this truck have always annoyed me for not being quite right. I may try and work on them in the future and release them but I don't know if I can take fighting with that template. Anywho despite all that I copied this picture and put it on the W900 and it's easily the best looking skin I've done for the truck;
[ external image ]
KW T600 "Carpet Transport"#356 by Dick Copello, on Flickr

[ external image ]
ats_14249 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

I also did a 579 paintjob, now this truck I do not mind at all despite it being a silly modern truck :p I changed the paint abit on this as I prefer darker hue's but it came out well and all in all I only spent a couple of hours getting it right which was nice:
[ external image ]
30319788573_1673037750_o by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

[ external image ]
ats_14242 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Now that I've finished with the heavy haul I don't really have any need to go back to it in ATS so I've been oogling my FLB with some stunning trailers from some very talented modders, so hats off to them!
[ external image ]
ats_14366 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

[ external image ]
ats_14311 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Final couple of bits, all of the above meant I've kind of neglected my Astro 95, but it's ok as I've done some small bits.
Today I finished the fuel tanks complete with their straps holding them to the chassis and previously I'd put the bumpers in, there are two versions the one on the chassis is the original and the one in front of that is the 70's/80's 95SS version. They will show up better when I put the cuts in them to highlight the detail but right now I'm petrified of doing that incorrectly so haven't tried!! :(
[ external image ]
GMC Astro Overall 1 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Here is the same picture of where I got to today, I've been offering up the parts to try and get the scale of the parts to fit with the pictures I've been following but I don't think I'm close yet but I will keep trying. The cab will change shape as I have to cut out abit at the bottom to make it match the real life cab. However I'm doing the cab last as it's going to be the hardest and most detailed part!
[ external image ]
GMC Astro Overall 2 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Last but not least I have a few RTA skins I'm going to be releasing soon, I've just started the last one now so will put them on my workshop when I've finished :)

Dafman out!
Last edited by DAFmanXFE6 on 22 Jun 2021 20:47, edited 2 times in total.

Hakan

RB Group Skins by Dafman

#237 Post by Hakan » 15 Jul 2017 02:55

Great work!
DAFmanXFE6

#238 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 16 Jul 2017 19:58

Forgot I did this one:
https://flic.kr/p/6WRTUK

[ external image ]ats_14079 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

and a couple of my heavy haul pics
[ external image ]ats_13872 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Dafman
Last edited by DAFmanXFE6 on 04 Feb 2021 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

andrei383

#239 Post by andrei383 » 18 Jul 2017 15:48

Great looking skins and pics! :mrgreen:
DAFmanXFE6

#240 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 18 Jul 2017 23:19

Thanks andrei, love your trailer skins for ATS have subscribed to almost all of them :)

I've been doing the WoT contracts in my FLB and it looks great with the mod box trailers, this one is the manac ultraplate on the steam worksop, kudos to the mod author of that trailer:
[ external image ]ats_14418 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Tonight it was detail work on the Astro 95;

First of all the chassis cross members and how they join to the chassis rails, just got to put in the bolts now, I also noted how the bottom section of my suspension was not connected to the chassis, total dafman fail there but 30mins later it was all moved correctly and now fits nicely :)
[ external image ]GMC Astro Overall 4 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

Also did the indent for the live front axle, looking pretty sweet.
[ external image ]GMC Astro Overall 5 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

and I did another version that I've seen in some of the pictures, but in the cutout picture it's not there! :/ will have to investigate more and see which one is meant to be fitted;
[ external image ]GMC Astro Overall 6 by Tom TruckSim, on Flickr

I've also started the last T908 skin I want to do before I can release some new ones, these ones are nicely details so I'm sure everyone will like them! :)

Happy trucking all
Dafman

Return to “Game”