Impressive shots mate.

andrei383

Re: Dukes USA Journey

#12 Post by andrei383 » 12 Aug 2017 22:18

Very nice pics Duke! :mrgreen:

Dukeone

#13 Post by Dukeone » 12 Aug 2017 23:44

Hey guys, while i was waiting of the offical release for ETS 1.28, i decided to wake up this tread a bit.

Starting from scratch.

So after my company in europe goes well, we could start in the states from scratch. The Name: MWF Freight Xpress. With some contracts of big players here, that'll offer me jobs for my employees, we start in Fresno California to build up a small headquarter.
Why Fresno?! Well, geographically a good point to cover Nevada, Arizona, California and perhaps New Mexico. That will be the states i'll get assignments from Knight Transportation and Wallmart. Negotiations with FedEx are also shortly before a good end.

MWF Headquarter in Fresno

Ok, the yard is ready..., now the trucks! I drove to the Peterbilt dealer in Bakersfield. The guys from Knight advised me to buy VNLs or Cascadias and yes they are really good and i like the look of the Freightliner. But as the Peterbilt dealer is near and the prices of the other two brands are not the cheapest, the price-performance ratio of the Pete is better.
At first i buyed a used Daycab, a bit rusty but all in all, only a few miles on the odometer and a well maintained interior and engine.

Peterbilt 579, 4x2 Duty Cabin, Cummins N14 Celect with 435 Hp, 10 speed Eaton Fuller Manual Transmission, 150 Gallon Tank

This rusty boy is for the short distances and the new drivers, mostly intended for doubles and the small city roads. Because we mostly have drop and hook situations and the trailers are from our shippers, i dont need to buy own trailers. At least not now. Second truck in the little MWF fleet is a Peterbilt 579 72' Sleeper. I like the look of the Peties!
I considered to buy it with the EPIQ Aero kit, but for now i saved my money.

Peterbilt 579, 6x4 Hi Rise Sleeper, Paccar MX13 with 500 Hp, 10 speed Eaton Fuller Manual Transmission, 220 Gallon Tank

This'll be my truck for the next past months to discover the Westcoast. But for now i hired a driver for the Rusty Boy, named Christian. His first job: 39.998 lb of rice, from Wallmart distribution center Fresno to BNSF in Bakerfield. Six miles trough the city..., hurry up!

Sunday 16.43, the trailers wait fully loaded at the distribution center. Hook up and start to Bakersfield.

One and a half hours later, crossing RAY's near Bakersfield. Not far from the destination but with enough hours of service and the clock in the back, there's no time for a brake!

18.17, arriving at the shipper, detach the trailer and then drive to downtown Bakersfield, Walmart for the pretrip. But at first a short stop at the gas station for a coffee!

The pretrip is a trailer with 24.499 lb of used plastics from a Wallmart to the distribution center in Fresno. A drivers all days work!

Good night, Dukeone.

BK Vissers

#14 Post by BK Vissers » 13 Aug 2017 03:09

Well that's fun to read. Nice little skin for your truck too! Looking forward to more!

Dukeone

#15 Post by Dukeone » 13 Aug 2017 23:00

Somewhere near Barstow...

Friday 01.29, somewhere near Barstow. I have a trailer with 42.654 lb of frozen foods, that need to carry to a little Walmart store in Camp Verde. After my big brake, i search for a toilet and was really surprised, that they had a pool in front of the rest rooms. How funny is that?! :lol: I did my business and made a short check on truck and reefer, a brand new Utility 3000R with rearwings. Everything was fine so i could start to Camp Verde.

When I was on the highway, i set the limiter to 55 miles and head towards Ehrenberg, 396 miles to go. My navi told me ETA in 10 hours and 18 minutes. For now, cause in Arizona i can go to 75 miles per hour.
Man, that is a speed, the truck driver in europe dream for! 8-)

Shortly before i cross the border to Arizona, i saw the California weigh station. It's 04.55 and i hoped for a bypass, cause every time i come to a weigh station, since i drove here, they checked me! :?
It is, as they know that i've bin new here in the states. Anyway, fingers crossed... aaaaand: :evil:

Ok, dont worry its ok! Everything was fine and i continued my journey. Ridin into the sunset to Arizona,... with about 120 KM/H! That's a so unbelievably nice landscape in here!

After I've passed by kingman, everything goes well on IS40. I leaved the interstate to highway 89 in direction Camp Verde. On the 89 i made my mandatory 30 minute brake and talked to a driver while i ate a burger and drunk a coffee. He laughed when i told him, that they always check me... He said: "Man that's the deal! Wait when they always inspect you! That not funny... haha!"

Friday 11.08, i arrived at the walmart store. Oh boy, that's a really small store and not enough space for the 53' reefer. I talked to the store manager that he had to close the parkings for a short time. He was pleased to see me, cause i bring new stuff to sell for him. So he looked that no 4 wheeler drive trough. After i backed up a bit, i managed that tight curve and parked the trailer. I made a bit smalltalk while i was waiting for the next dispatch.

Catch you guys later!

Hounddog

#16 Post by Hounddog » 13 Aug 2017 23:03

Great pics and story !!
we've got rid of the kids.....our dogs were allergic

Gr Rob

My WOT   |   My ETS Screens-topic   |   My ATS Screens-topic   |   Hounddog Paintshop ETS   |   Hounddog Paintshop Las Vegas ATS

BK Vissers

#17 Post by BK Vissers » 14 Aug 2017 01:28

^^Agreed. 4th and 5th pics from the bottom are divine. :)

andrei383

#18 Post by andrei383 » 20 Aug 2017 11:37

Very nice pics and storytelling! :cool:

Hakan

Dukes USA Journey

#19 Post by Hakan » 23 Aug 2017 10:06

nice shots
Owner Celik Logistics Liege Belgie: 714 -Trucks-9Brands 94-Trailers-15Brands
ETS2 SCS Map DLCs 1.28 YKS Turkey - Italymap deco13 - Rusmap Aldim@Tor Promods
Paris Rebuild All Updated 1.28

Drive Safely

#20 Post by Drive Safely » 02 Sep 2017 10:37

Cool pics and storytelling :)
Image | My ETS2 screenshots | My ATS screenshots

ETS2 map combo: ProMods 2.20 + Poland Rebuilding Reworked 2.0 + RusMap 1.7.4 + ScandinaviaMod 0.1 + Paris Rebuild 2.1
ATS map combo: US 50 & CA 99 1.9

Return to “Game”