Re: Jan Vissers' Tiny Truck Tales

#181 Post by EurocopterX3 » 23 Oct 2017 21:40

Lovely story and pics.

BK Vissers

#182 Post by BK Vissers » 24 Oct 2017 12:08

Tofoloo wrote:
22 Oct 2017 21:18
That's a great story and lovely shots.Congrats Sir ++ ;)
saur44l wrote:
12 Oct 2017 15:32
Nice story and great shots mate.
EurocopterX3 wrote:
23 Oct 2017 21:40
Lovely story and pics.
Thanks so much, Guys! :)
obelihnio wrote:
13 Oct 2017 17:04
Superb story and pictures. Gotta say that was an unusual co-driver you had for a while.
Yeah, but he's a nice kid. Hopefully his home life gets better!
Joe the gamer wrote:
13 Oct 2017 18:38
The size of the trailer fits perfectly with the size of the truck))
Thanks, Joe! I like that small trailer mod a lot. It was causing problems and wasn't updated by the author so I had to do a few edits to be able to keep using it but it was worth the effort. ;)

Joe the gamer

#183 Post by Joe the gamer » 24 Oct 2017 12:19

I can belive that. :)

BK Vissers

Jan Vissers' Tiny Truck Tales

#184 Post by BK Vissers » 24 Oct 2017 13:07

Driver "X"

Remember the mysterious Robert Transport driver and the truck they “stole” and drover from Quebec, Canada to California? Well, they were still on the road, still taking Robert trailers and delivering them. What gives? Who takes a truck from their employer without authorization, and continues to service the employer’s clients? (See here)

Another happy client served!

Inside the cab, a heated argument was taking place, via speakerphone.

“Dad, You never let me do anything!”

“You wanted to work for the business; I let you. Don’t tell me I don’t let you do anything. You should be working in the office, getting ready for the future, not wasting your time driving a truck!”

Flippin' out

The driver groaned. “If I wanted to be in an office I would be. That’s not for me, Dad. Where I want to be, wanted to be all my life, is behind the wheel. It’s the family business, that can’t be that strange!”

“So what is your brilliant plan? Steal a truck and run across the border? You know I can report the truck and you’ll be arrested.” Chewing their lip, the driver thought for a moment what to answer. “Well? Cat got your tongue?”

Cross-border dispute

Anger made the driver charge ahead rather than back down. “You wanted to work on the market down here. You needed someone you can trust and when you posted the job, you couldn’t find anyone. I can do it, Dad. I can do this. I’m already here. I’m making deliveries. You have nothing to lose by letting me go on, now. Let me prove myself. If it doesn't work, you lose nothing and I come back.”

Don't look at the phone while driving, even if you want to throw it out the window...

Prove yourself? All you’ve proven is you’re a spoiled child and an immature one to boot!”

“Fine! Then report the truck stolen and have me arrested. I’m doing this, Dad; either way I’m not going to come back and sit in an office with you and play payroll clerk.” They hung up.

Best not be screaming when arriving at the weigh-station...

Pulling out of the weigh station, the driver took a deep breath and grumbled, “let’s see if you have the balls to do it, old man.”

No state troopers following...that's good

The way ahead seemed clear - both literally and figuratively. Keep driving, do your best, and hope that people would finally see they were serious about this trucking thing.

Resolve

Hours later, approaching their destination, the driver finally relaxed. If nothing had happened so far, then nothing was going to, they were sure. Dad had backed off…for now.

Looking forward to a well-earned sleep

Hakan

Jan Vissers' Tiny Truck Tales

#185 Post by Hakan » 24 Oct 2017 15:45

Awesome work!
Owner Celik Logistics Liege Belgie: 720 -Trucks-9Brands 94-Trailers-15Brands
ETS2 SCS Map DLCs 1.28 YKS Turkey - Italymap deco13 - Rusmap Aldim@Tor Promods
Paris Rebuild All Updating to 1.30 I'm 18 Years old now? Can't believe it!

obelihnio

#186 Post by obelihnio » 11 Nov 2017 08:45

Great story and pictures my friend!
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Game”