Drive Safely's ATS journeys

Drive Safely

#1 Post by Drive Safely » 12 Jan 2017 23:54

This is the start of my old profile journeys. For screenshots on my recent journeys, jump to this page.

It's the year 2017. Following my journey with the Kenworth T680 in Europe, I brought the truck to America to start to develop my logistics company there.

To be fair, Las Vegas would not be a bad choice for my first garage since you get a lot of companies and a good amount of jobs going to Nevada, California and Arizona. However I don't want to be associated with that place. So I chose the next best thing, Phoenix! Here I arrive in Phoenix airport. :)
[ external image ]

My truck needed some finetuning so I had to go for a quick job in another truck, which happened to be a T680 too. However, it had a sleeper cab, and it took me a long time to reverse this trailer perfectly in place because of the limited space and because I don't drive sleeper cab trucks often. Great start :oops:
[ external image ]

After the quick job, I got a call that my imported truck was ready. I got it fitted with American style wheels and repainted it to white. Feels good to have my own truck again and to be driving a day cab truck. :)
I then got a new job with this super long trailer!
[ external image ]

Some beautiful scenery here! :)
[ external image ]

The roads between cities feel so much longer in the US. Feels great!
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The tall trees look really cool! 8-)
[ external image ]

I went to pick up another trailer in the cold night. I turned off the engine and went outside to check the right way to exit the place.
There were some soothing cricket ambience around me which was pretty nice. I got back in my truck and turned on the radio for a cruisy night drive.
♫ And you can tell everybody, this is your song ♫
[ external image ]

In perfect timing, the song finished just when I parked the truck and turned the engine off. Funnily enough I parked at a Peterbilt dealer. But I guess now those modern Peterbilt's can see what a real modern truck looks like. :lol:
[ external image ]

The financial situation is looking stable with profits coming in. However the profit rate is very slow. Because I'm using a different economy mod you only earn about $1500 per job early on your career.
If anyone knows any good quality high value or fragile cargo trailer mods, let me know. :) I'm also looking for some real company logo mods. I have Grimes' mod and Keeper's mod enabled but it would be cool to have Voltison Motors, Coastline Mining and some of the gas stations replaced with real 3D logos too.
Last edited by Drive Safely on 23 Jan 2021 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
BK Vissers

Re: Drive Safely's ATS journeys

#2 Post by BK Vissers » 13 Jan 2017 03:50

My fav is 4th from the bottom, the trucks passing. Just seems like a scene in the highway I've seen countless times in real life and your shot captured that feeling for me.

Real company logos here

viewtopic.php?f=199&t=226312

I've not used it but it looks nice.

Nice start, I look forward to more; I love a good illustrated story! I think ATS screenshot threads get overlooked. I have one here and it's nice to see another begin.
Hakan

#3 Post by Hakan » 13 Jan 2017 16:20

Great Start Of DS US Version! great shots and truck nice story!
Drive Safely

#4 Post by Drive Safely » 19 Jan 2017 07:32

@BK Vissers - Thanks! Appreciate your comment! :)

@Hakan - Thanks Hakan! :D

At the time of this posting, my profit over a week was around $30,000 US dollars.
With some calculations It will take 5 more weeks to actually buy a new truck.
[ external image ]

However I have not factored in garage prices. So if a small garage is to cost $180,000, then that will be an extra 6 weeks! So in total I have about 2.5 months tops to spend with this Kenworth T680.
I am just looking at the worst case scenario though. Obviously profits will be expected to rise with level up of skills and I will try to keep costs down on truck upgrades.
[ external image ]

It's a harsh winter. I have over a million euros in ETS2 and to start a new career in ATS with little money is no luxury. Luckily fuel prices are quite low here.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

There were some roads where I was allowed to drive 129 km/h. I even overtook some cars! :shock:
[ external image ]

Found Las Vegas. It's huge!
[ external image ]

Regular fuel stops since my tank only holds 500 L.
[ external image ]

A nicely decorated place. Even spotted the American flag!
[ external image ]

That Audi grille and headlights look pretty slick. Nice to see some AI traffic cars getting more and more detailed in quality.
[ external image ]

Another delivery done. So much more deliveries to go until I can get a new truck.
[ external image ]

The trailers sure are long in America.
[ external image ]

Some guy tried to overtake me on a curve at night and ended up crashing head on to an oncoming car.
[ external image ]

Parked at a nice hotel for a break after long hours of work. On my way to the toilets I saw that the hotel had a nice outdoor pool.
[ external image ]

Got to the fuel station with only 5 litres left! The problem with this truck is that there's no analog fuel gauge (you have to rely on the dashboard computer).
That diesel exhaust fluid gauge on the right is really misleading me.
[ external image ]

On the road again!
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Unbelievable. I ran out of fuel unexpectedly. :cry: I then had to call Assistance Service.
[ external image ]

There is one thing to learn out of this and that's that I'm going to keep my computer info display on the fuel and distance page.
I'm not going to be watching my average fuel consumption anymore. That DEF gauge finally caught me out. :evil: I just find it so odd not having an analog fuel gauge.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Back to Nevada. Passed the Hoover Dam :)
[ external image ]

While at a rest point, I found some giant ducks.
[ external image ]

Oh yeah 8-)
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Discovering a lot of the cities
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Tight squeeze
[ external image ]

Driving day and night, as fast as I can possibly deliver.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Those palm trees look so cool :D
[ external image ]

A busy night. Everyone's got places to be, people to see.
[ external image ]

I love it when I can see another truck lit up far away driving on another mountain. :D
[ external image ]

This is some serious open road. Look at that view
[ external image ]

This truck is a good truck. But I kinda miss driving a different truck every week. I need to find a way to make this truck more homely. It's starting to feel old to me.
I'm definitely not planning to do any repairs or tire replacements. I need to save as much money as possible during this stage in my career, no matter how deteriorated this workhorse will get.
[ external image ]

The truck's average fuel consumption is just about 41 L per 100 KM. Not so bad but improvements could be made. Too bad I'll be stuck with a 10 speed gearbox before I can afford to upgrade the truck.
[ external image ]

Some interesting scenery here
[ external image ]

Nice little street in town
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

It would be really enjoyable to drive a car mod and cruise along this road. Looking forward to retire already. :D
[ external image ]

Heading back to Phoenix. That skyline looks promising. :)
[ external image ]
golcan

#5 Post by golcan » 19 Jan 2017 09:06

OMG, mate, those shots are AMAZING!! :o :o :o
Great story, super angles. And the colors and the lighting are so stunning!
BK Vissers

#6 Post by BK Vissers » 19 Jan 2017 15:45

Very nice job getting good composition for your screenshots. I'm impressed.
Hakan

#7 Post by Hakan » 19 Jan 2017 15:49

Cool shots and story mate! love it!
xDope

#8 Post by xDope » 19 Jan 2017 16:43

Great shots!

BTW: There is an analog fuel gauge. It's just your steering wheel is covering it :lol:
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
Drive Safely

#9 Post by Drive Safely » 19 Jan 2017 18:43

@golcan - Thanks very much golcan! :)

@BK Vissers - Thanks! It's fun getting a good angle for the shot. :)

@Hakan - Thanks mate! :)

@xDope - Wow, you're right! Guess I'm too short! :lol: I'll get a booster seat and adjust the steering wheel a bit :lol:
Drive Safely

#10 Post by Drive Safely » 04 Feb 2017 03:50

Haven't posted in a while. Here's some more shots!

Parked up, engine off, and taking a rest in my truck as sleet hits my windshield.
[ external image ]

Crazy traffic at the intersection. There were some "late turners" who are now blocking part of the intersection because they're in such a hurry. :roll: Come on!
[ external image ]

Traffic gridlocked. Lucky I had an escape plan to squeeze myself out of there without hitting any traffic. This traffic ain't gonna make me late.
[ external image ]

I arrived to Las Vegas and saw traffic occupying all 4 lanes. This was mad rush hour traffic! I got 17 FPS because of all the traffic.
[ external image ]

I must say that the amount of lanes, the buildings, the traffic, and the pedestrians really does make Las Vegas feel like a bustling city!
[ external image ]

The traffic goes so far back. It's going to take a while to get out of this city. :shock: Thank goodness for traffic lights!
[ external image ]

Nice delivery point 8-)
[ external image ]

Hauling some Tesla's
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Finally got out of Las Vegas
[ external image ]

The silhouettes of palm trees look really beautiful at night
[ external image ]

Window view. It's just country driving here :)
[ external image ]

Dropping off a digger
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Cool town :)
[ external image ]

Picking up cargo from the airport. Awesome!
[ external image ]

Delivered
[ external image ]

Taking a break
[ external image ]

Let's hit the road
[ external image ]

Extremely tight fit. Managed to get through without trailer damage although I did have to scrape the fence with the trailer to get past.
[ external image ]

I managed to get my improve my fuel economy. Now my avg. fuel consumption is 40.3 L per 100 KM, thanks to California's speed limits. Previously it was 41 L per 100 KM. :)
[ external image ]

See you next time!
[ external image ]
Last edited by Drive Safely on 04 Feb 2017 04:23, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Game”