Nice video.
J. Ritter

Re: J. Ritter Transport

#622 Post by J. Ritter » 23 Dec 2019 17:58

Thanks, Larry!
J. Ritter

#623 Post by J. Ritter » 23 Dec 2019 18:11

Happy Holidays! I hope all of you have a great couple of days! This time last year I was without a computer and dying to get back to truckin' with JRT. This year, it's been a lot more fun! Thank you to all my friends that have enjoyed my work.

[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#624 Post by supersobes » 23 Dec 2019 18:20

Oh that looks really cool! Nice one! :) Happy holidays to you too! :D
J. Ritter

#625 Post by J. Ritter » 23 Dec 2019 19:01

Thanks, Sobes!
dreamcatcher

#626 Post by dreamcatcher » 07 Jan 2020 04:37

Happy new year!
J. Ritter

#627 Post by J. Ritter » 07 Jan 2020 20:35

Happy new year to you too, Dreamcatcher!
J. Ritter

#628 Post by J. Ritter » 09 Jan 2020 15:56

REMEMBERING WARMER DAYS

J was headed down the highway in almost whiteout conditions, keeping his truck steady.

[ external image ]

With the weather getting worse, he found a spot to pull over to wait it out. While reading a book to pass the time in his warm bunk, he started reminiscing about warmer days, when securing loads and trucking is just a little easier.

One of the last loads before summer turned to autumn was an interesting one. Two new ambulances were loaded on his step deck at a little yard next to the Port of Seattle, and was bound for The Dalles. It was a short run, and he had delivered similar loads for this company before. It always paid well, netting him and JRT a nice little profit. This load was made easier due to the ramp extensions he had purchased for the deck as well.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The only drawback to the ambulance loads was the slight decrease in fuel efficiency. Normally, J's flat top 389 was perfect for step and flatbed work, but the front ambulance created a bit of wind resistance, lowering his overall MPG. He made sure the take it a little easier on the throttle, and keep the RPMs as low as possible. At least the speed limit never really got above 60 for most of the trip. It was one of the few times J was thankful for the slower speeds.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

It was a rare occasion that Portland and Vancouver was free from annoying traffic issues. That particular day was one of those rare occurrences as J glided easily through the maze of freeways and interchanges through the cities.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

He got a red at the scales on I-84, like he usually did. These guys were stingy with the bypass light. It was no big deal, though. The ambulances are bulky, but fairly light. Soon after, The Dalles would be coming into view.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

At the dropoff point, J was holding until they directed him where they wanted him. He would unchain the vehicles, and assist in getting them off the trailer. He would rest tonight and go into Washington to pick up a load of coils the next day.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Soon the snow would calm and J would be on his way again. He missed loading in the warmer months, but the scenery in the winter was beautiful in its own special way. Trucking never stops, whether it's sweltering or freezing! The only bit of sadness he felt was that once this hay was delivered, he would disconnect his Christmas lights and stow them away for next year. The holidays were over, and it was time to get back to "normal."

[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#629 Post by BK Vissers » 09 Jan 2020 20:28

Now you made me long for summer! ! Waaaaaa!
J. Ritter

#630 Post by J. Ritter » 09 Jan 2020 20:29

Haha, I was in Boston earlier this week. It was chilly!!

Return to “Game”