Other Tales From the Ritterverse

dkasper00

Re: Other Tales From the Ritterverse

#51 Post by dkasper00 » 01 May 2019 18:54

Love the entry.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
J. Ritter

#52 Post by J. Ritter » 01 May 2019 19:24

BK Vissers wrote: 01 May 2019 18:48 Sounds a lot like when Buddy started out. The joy of getting home, seeing mom. Not spending much... love the shot at the grocery store. Seems like there isn’t much to see, but in fact it’s very convincing as where we’d see a truck.
Thanks, BK! That is the exact reason I picked that shot. It just looks "right," like a truck being a truck.
dkasperOO wrote: 01 May 2019 18:54 Love the entry.
Thanks! It's good to see you posting a little bit!
Titan

#53 Post by Titan » 02 May 2019 01:08

Nice update, J.

Or should I say TJ lol.
Just a Texas boy who used to want to be a trucker, and a love of Big Rigs... but now ATS has turned said love into an obsession.

i7-7700HQ @2.80GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
J. Ritter

#54 Post by J. Ritter » 02 May 2019 14:27

Lol, thanks, Titan! It's been fun doing some things that are different than JRT.
supersobes
Global moderator

#55 Post by supersobes » 02 May 2019 19:36

Great shots! :) That trailer is beautiful.
J. Ritter

#56 Post by J. Ritter » 02 May 2019 20:42

Thanks! It works so well with the 377.
J. Ritter

When Johnny Comes Marching (Away From) Home

#57 Post by J. Ritter » 03 Jun 2019 13:50

WHEN JOHNNY COMES MARCHING (AWAY FROM) HOME

Johnny, a driver for Albuquerque Drayage:

Can you believe it? I really like my job with AD, but sometimes they can frustrate me to no end. It's Friday, guys. Friday! You guys know that I try to hump it to get out of here at a decent time so the wife and I can make it to see some blues at County Line BBQ every Friday! Every Friday.

But nope, today I gotta run all the way to Artesia. I hardly ever leave the north part of the state, this is supposed to be a local job. Oh well. I know I'm one of the few drivers you trust with a tank container, though, and apparently BNSF wanted to ship it from here. Some farm way the hell out there needs a load of potassium, and I gotta take it. Sometimes it's tough being good at what you do; you get the annoying runs! I was told we were using our own chassis. I guess I need to grab one and go get this thing.

[ external image ]

Fortunately, I didn't sit in the yard too long. It only took me about 30 minutes to get in, get a spot, and get this thing clipped on. Time to get the hell on the road. Dispatch said they should have something down there for me to bring back. Hopefully I can get down there, and get back! I got ribs, beer, and blues waiting on me tonight!

[ external image ]

It takes this thing a while to get wound up and rolling on the big road. On days like this I wish I still had a manual.

[ external image ]

Well, I'm off the big road now, and cutting across the state. Hopefully I won't get held up too bad by idiots on the two-lane portions.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I like to be grouchy and grumble a lot, but I guess it is pretty out here.

[ external image ]

Hopefully Roswell won't hold me up too bad. It's already been a few hours since I left Albuquerque. That clock keeps on ticking!

[ external image ]

Alright, alright! Made it through Roswell and Artesia without much trouble. Let's get this nasty stuff dropped off!

[ external image ]

They told me to just parallel park just inside the entrance. Someone's gonna come over in a minute with a little crane to get this off my chassis. Dispatch said that there's a container waiting for me up the road, in town. Hopefully they don't mess around and get me loaded up. Hopefully BNSF doesn't hold me at the yard too long when I get back. I will already be getting in later than I want, but I can make it work! Music and barbecue are calling! Let's do this!

[ external image ]
SmokeyWolf

#58 Post by SmokeyWolf » 04 Jun 2019 12:52

That 579 a mod too? Love the stack up the side. Screams FedEx at me.
supersobes
Global moderator

#59 Post by supersobes » 04 Jun 2019 13:43

Awesome shots of that Peterbilt! It fits perfectly with that container chassis. I love your Albuquerque Dryage paintworks too! :)

@Larry71490 It looks like the Extra Parts for SCS Trucks mod from Pendragon.
SmokeyWolf

#60 Post by SmokeyWolf » 04 Jun 2019 13:46

I didn't think that would work on 1.34 or 1.35. I'll have to check it out.

Return to “Game”