Emaulligu across the pond

Emaulligu

Emaulligu across the pond

#1 Post by Emaulligu » 11 May 2021 21:07

Hello world

Welp, had some time to get back to trucking, and I felt like it would be easier for everyone to just upload my ATS screenshots here, as they're meant to be. I've found myself behind the wheel of my Mack again, upgraded with Zeemods' Cummins N14 sound engine. Horsepower is slightly above 500 HP, nothing insane but don't need more to haul some lightweight containers ! New shoes too, with that Goodyear DLC. Paintjob is of my own making, and the truck is pretty much done, matching trailer and good to go !
Bit of a fancy driving today, bought a double container hauler, though I dropped it after my first trip, because the overall cargo weight barely increases, but you get all the downsides of having a double. Been driving around Washington state, and finally found the road leading up to Mount Saint Helens viewpoint, completing my tour of Washington achievement. Good shots have been taken.
I know I say it everytime but "Oh wow I forgot how nice ATS was after spending all that time in ETS !" Straight roads and open spaces. Massive hooded trucks roaring down the highway. America as I dreamed it when I was a kid.
My Mack isn't the biggest or the most powerful, but I got attached to it. A good compromise between old-school chromes and a modern design. That bull is a good boy !
As usual, safe drivings to everyone reading this, and see you next time !

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

Re: Emaulligu across the pond

#2 Post by Emaulligu » 14 May 2021 14:16

More fun in ATS

Did more deliveries with the 40ft container carrier and found a very funny sign on the side of the road. Picked up the 53ft tarp again with the matching combo, looks pretty good, might do a skin for it when I have time.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#3 Post by Emaulligu » 22 May 2021 00:19

Couldn't think of a fitting title for today, so what do we have ? I tried MrOverfloater's wonderful K100 again. Truly a masterpiece, unfortunately I'd rather not get used to mod trucks now. I only did a short delivery with it, but it was nice reuiniting with an old friend. The K100 was my main truck in ETS for a bit and it just has that massive front grid and bulky frame that make it look indestructible. Oh, and flat pipes. I love flat pipes, unfortunately the only W900 mod boasting flat pipes is Jon Ruda's one. Looks nice too depending on the specs, but that's a whole different matter.
I've come back to my Mack. It just feels right while also being original, and I haven't seen many low sleepers on WoT. A more modern alternative to the Pete 389, because I really can't get used to its look. Plus a shorter wheelbase, so that's a win. Changed the rims and put the round fuel tanks again. The square ones are a nice touch, but I guess they were not just fit for what I'm trying to get. Also put back in service my 53ft food tank, with a new paintjob of matching colors. A perfect low-profile combo to haul in the night, save for these two exhaust pipes sticking up from the rear of the cab.
So far only 2 jobs with the food tank, you must take what you're offered, the offer for that kind of trailer isn't so wide, and I've found myself doing a 850 miles trip to the depths of New Mexico once more. Realistic air brake simulation is now enabled and I've managed to park without running out of air. This time. I'm still getting the hang of this, alright ?
Did my good action of the day, pulled over to help some guy who had an issue with his car, we got it sorted in the end and I got at the mill on time to unload the 19 tons of juice I'd been hauling. Makes me thirsty to think of it, wouldn't mind a glass of it now.
Anyways, this is it for today, stay tuned for more next time !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Emaulligu

#4 Post by Emaulligu » 09 Jun 2021 07:58

And now for something completely different...

Well, me and my mania of changing trucks again. You know it's a desperate time when I turn to Peterbilt. It's a little like Scania for ETS, massive community support, lots of customisation and flashy parts (though chromes aren't an issue on classic American trucks). Except, unlike the Scania S, the 389 didn't come as much as a disappointment. The longer wheelbase is well, expected. Takes a bit of time to go from a short chassis to this monstrosity, but it's doable. The 625 horsepower engine is very welcome after the 505 HP Mack engine, and the interior looks like a WWII bomber plane. It does look like a classic, provided you don't get a look too closer on the half-wood half-plastic interior, and it gives real American truck vibes, humming on the highway.
I guess that's more pros than cons, but I just really dislike the headlights tied to the grid. I rather prefer having headlights on the fenders, like the W900 and the Freightliner Classic. I really wish Freightliner didn't stop the Classic production so we could have it in ATS. Kenworth still produces the W900 and it runs fine. But no, instead we have the newest Cascadia, direct contender of the Renault T when it comes to making a plastic truck.
Anyways, the SCS W900 is there, but I struggle to make a decent setup with it, looking at the few options we have.
I always said I didn't like Peterbilt, but I'm reluctant to admit it's not as bad as I thought it was. So yes, I'm back with the Mack for now and he'll probably be in the next series of shots, but I don't know if I'm done with that Peterbilt yet.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
poozykrem

#5 Post by poozykrem » 09 Jun 2021 08:15

I'm glad you decided to get classic peterbilt better, which you didn't like before. Now you get that feeling :D
As always, beautiful pictures 👍
Emaulligu

#6 Post by Emaulligu » 09 Jun 2021 08:25

Thanks mate ! It's an alright truck for sure, so I'm gonna need more thinking.
Emaulligu

#7 Post by Emaulligu » 29 Jun 2021 15:31

Summer time

Also summer sales time lol
Bought myself Idaho, Utah and Colorado, time to bring this topic to life a little, along my interest in ATS. I've been playing far too much ETS lately, time to fix that.

First, there's a pic of my food tanker combo. I still love it, but it's not easy to find jobs for it. It's from another session, simply didn't want to post it alone.
Following my purchase, I grabbed my flatbed trailer again, not the one I use the most, but it's always nice. Loaded it with timber in San Francisco harbor, and heading straight to Provo, Utah !
Overall it was only ~150 miles into the new DLC, so I'm hoping to get more pics soon. I really need to get better at framing the environment rather than just my truck.
I also made a detour by a local truckstop, swapped my 6-gear gearbox for a 12 gear one, to get more torque in hills. The 6 was a little lacking, even with lightweight loads.
Overall the Mack is a nice and pleasant truck to drive (which I say everytime, now I understand why people don't write anything in their forum posts), and I'll have a lot of fun driving it through 3 new states !

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
poozykrem

#8 Post by poozykrem » 29 Jun 2021 15:58

Congrats on new dlcs purchase!
Emaulligu

#9 Post by Emaulligu » 29 Jun 2021 16:27

Thanks ! I got Cabin Accessories too, so I can have a big flag in the back of my cab.
Still can't find the guns DLC though.
Emaulligu

#10 Post by Emaulligu » 03 Jul 2021 22:50

The Mack continues its journey through uncharted territories. I'm really enjoying the scenery so far, and I've delivered some square tubes to Utah oil fields. Took the Rocky Mountain double out of the garage, as it's allowed in all 3 new states I'm intending to visit. Should be fun until I get tired of being unable to manoeuver. Still pretty impressive to see them rolling through.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “Game”