[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
plykkegaard

Re: [REL][WIP] ProMods: Canada v1.0.1 updates and discussion

#1511 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Jun 2021 13:14

Not much sence in going east atm as you need Montana to have som nice routes
WIthout Montana you need to go north to Alberta to get around the Canadian Rockies
Going north west of the Rockies makes the most sense atm I think

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
nautofon

#1512 Post by nautofon » 13 Jun 2021 13:20

Given viewtopic.php?p=1335050#p1335050 and the discussion following it, I'd expect option D to be the top priority before moving east or further north. Once that's done, I suppose moving east up to and including the 95 would be possible, but it might mean duplicated work when SCS changes the surroundings of Sandpoint for Montana. Possibly not the best way to go at this point.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
plykkegaard

#1513 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Jun 2021 13:27

Promods will rework Canada / US borders and road connections nothing else

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#1514 Post by flight50 » 13 Jun 2021 15:21

Technically Promods can map as far East as they want. They don't have to have Montana do so. They'd just increase the chance reworking a lot of areas if new stuff comes. Montana would only be necessary for border connections and if it has new assets that SCS won't put in the base files. For ATS, most mapping things are in the base file at least. SCS structured ATS a bit different than ETS2. The base file consistently grows larger as assets are put towards this. Considering how large Montana will be, I'm hoping Montana gets added to the list of requirements to play ProMods Canada. That would mean it came with assets they developers used over in Canada. Montana is a wide open GP state so I'm not sure how much it can offer besides new companies exclusive to Montana itself. Montana would be the last region to complete the West so I'm thinking most of the state is recycled company names.

Option D sounds like it is the play. Bricksathome just posted a recent pic that is BC-99 that is here . Adrian has posted pics of the same road a few weeks back. Those roads are from Option D to connect Vancouver to Kamloops and bring us Lillooet that Adrian had been working on for quite some time. At the same time, after ProMods Canada released, they announced on their discord that their direction is to push East. Widen the map East to West vs North to South. Imho, I'd go as far as Edmonton and Calgary and then wait to see what Montana brings. Considering there is more than just those 2 developers, we'd have to assume multiple directions is possible. I'm really hoping for Vancouver Island myself before pushing too far East. I'd love to use the ferry a lot more in ATS and we need Vancouver Island to do that. While waiting for SCS, going West and North doesn't create reworking much like going East can potentially cause. Get to far ahead and rework is inevitable.
oldmanclippy

#1515 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Jun 2021 13:25

I think as far east as Lethbridge could be done without missing Montana too much. But that's getting ahead of ourselves I think, I personally am not expecting AB-2 before Montana comes anyways, there's lots to do in BC and this is a small (however dedicated and exceptionally talented) team.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#1516 Post by flight50 » 14 Jun 2021 14:10

If we are lucky, Montana could be the next state. If its announced on the 2021 xmas stream, I would expect about 1.5 years of develop so it could be the Winter 2022 map. That would put ProMods Canada all the way up to Regina, Saskatchewan. Yes that is wayyyyy ahead but I don't anticipate SCS doing North Dakota until perhaps 2025-2026 or beyond. So that could give ProMods a chance to push North to the Canada 16. From the Pacific to Regina is a ton of space for us to play with. That would almost be about the size of the current ATS map. In 4-5 years, ProMods could have everything from the US border up to the Canada 16 mapped with just Montana in place. Unless the current ProMods Canada team grows, it could take the next 4-5 years to fill in all that I just mentioned.

If they manage to still be ahead of SCS, they can then go well beyond the Canada 16 and push to the Northern border. Less road density but some very very long routes are possible. Talk about scenic, these routes could be some of the best in ATS once ProMods is done with them. They are pretty much all landscaping as civilization is lower the further North you go.
MaximumMatt

#1517 Post by MaximumMatt » 15 Jun 2021 00:12

flight50 wrote: 14 Jun 2021 14:10 If we are lucky, Montana could be the next state. If its announced on the 2021 xmas stream, I would expect about 1.5 years of develop so it could be the Winter 2022 map. That would put ProMods Canada all the way up to Regina, Saskatchewan. Yes that is wayyyyy ahead but I don't anticipate SCS doing North Dakota until perhaps 2025-2026 or beyond. So that could give ProMods a chance to push North to the Canada 16. From the Pacific to Regina is a ton of space for us to play with. That would almost be about the size of the current ATS map. In 4-5 years, ProMods could have everything from the US border up to the Canada 16 mapped with just Montana in place. Unless the current ProMods Canada team grows, it could take the next 4-5 years to fill in all that I just mentioned.

If they manage to still be ahead of SCS, they can then go well beyond the Canada 16 and push to the Northern border. Less road density but some very very long routes are possible. Talk about scenic, these routes could be some of the best in ATS once ProMods is done with them. They are pretty much all landscaping as civilization is lower the further North you go.
I would love for Saskatchewan to be a place for me to fool around in. I live just outside of Regina and the roads we have are nice and straight. Perfect for trucking, although the scenery is kind of boring. Just farmland out here.
flight50

#1518 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2021 06:06

^Boring can actually be good. A lot of people are actually ready for a lot of those so called boring roads. Once ProMods clears the BC mountain range, all that boring flat lands that is straight roads will be a nice change of pace until we hit the Eastern coast of North America. I am definitely looking forward to lots of farmland in ATS and SCS is getting to territory where plenty of it is. ProMods has a little more to go til there are basically in the thick of it.

No matter what ProMods does next, people are going to enjoy every moment of it. Eventually the map will swell well beyond where it is now. If we only got small map updates a year, that is still progress. Every little bit counts.
dault3883

#1519 Post by dault3883 » 15 Jun 2021 22:17

@flight50 i think once scs gets to the smaller states we will get state bundles like what ETS2 gets for instance the new england states, the two virginias

maryland, DC, New Jersey, Delaware and Conneticut

and maybe even north and south dakotas and carolinas
Intel Core i7 10700K, Ram: G.Skill 64GB DDR4 3600, windows 11 bit OPS, MSI 3070TI Suprim X, MSI Z590 carbon Mb, EVGA 1000W power supply
flight50

#1520 Post by flight50 » 16 Jun 2021 00:39

Agreed but only time will tell. Either we get bundles or we get more solo maps per year. The first chance that could happen is 2023 perhaps though. But a lot depends on when Texas can release and when the rebuild is over. ProMods won't be able to do that unless more devs came over to help. So SCS should be able to stay ahead after 2025-2026.

Return to “Maps”