[UPD] Coast to Coast Map - v2.15.49.2 (28 Jan)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
TexasWhirlwind

Re: [REL] Coast to Coast Map - v2.3.3 Updated 27 Nov

#4051 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 15 Dec 2017 22:07

All I can say is if you don't like it. Then don't use it... Find something else that you like...
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
RodeoGeorge

#4052 Post by RodeoGeorge » 15 Dec 2017 22:27

I've had this happen (no Rest toggle).
I have found that if I move to an adjacent spot, the rest will toggle.
In the time it took Long Haul Gamer to create the video, he could have moved four times.

RodeoGeorge
general5001

#4053 Post by general5001 » 15 Dec 2017 22:35

i have noticed that if one rest stop doesn't work i try another parking spot in that area and it worked
Blackspots

#4054 Post by Blackspots » 15 Dec 2017 22:57

Well, these prefabs and their sleep areas are something that SCS will need to fix. It isn't Mantrid's problem. The easiest fix is to disconnect your trailer when you need to sleep. Your truck and trailer combination is too long.

As you can see from the map editor, the sleep area IS NOT adjustable in size, compared to a truck stop that is pieced together
[ external image ]

In comparison, a new truck stop using the design from the ones in New Mexico (the purple triangles are the corners of the sleep area):
[ external image ]
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Mantrid

#4055 Post by Mantrid » 16 Dec 2017 03:20

@Long Haul Gamer - I'm not in any way offended by your video, in fact I literally laughed out loud. As ShirBlackspots said this is actually an issue with the prefab.
I am slowly replacing these with "proper" truck stops. If you find somewhere in Florida or Georgia where you can't park then make another video.
Rule [5.4.2]
Follow me on Twitch @ https://www.twitch.tv/homburg
Join my Discord @ https://discord.gg/XbtnazF
vulchor

#4056 Post by vulchor » 16 Dec 2017 04:19

Long Haul Gamer wrote: 15 Dec 2017 21:10 Hey @Mandrid

Watch the video.... Sorry for the tone. But, I am a bit angry. :x :evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYhAj-GC8LQ
What makes this even more hilarious to me is that you say at the end of this video something to the effect of "in case you have ADD or are slow and can't remember, I'm on I76 (sic)" blah blah blah, you were on I78 and couldn't even remember, but you're making this video to yell at everyone else that knows more about this stuff than you do and you're insulting them. :lol: :lol: I have ADD, and I remembered where you were from the start of the video. A better attitude will get you a whole lot farther around here, and yet Mandrid and ShirBlackspots still have the grace to acknowledge and help you. For the future, even though this wasn't a bug, a mod is something you get for free that others make in their spare time and don't get paid anything for making them, and they graciously them with the whole community. You need to dial back your entitlement issues.
Blackspots

#4057 Post by Blackspots » 16 Dec 2017 06:21

Some more work done on the roadmap:
[ external image ]
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
vulchor

#4058 Post by vulchor » 16 Dec 2017 06:45

You sure are making some steady progress.
Ways71

#4059 Post by Ways71 » 16 Dec 2017 07:32

@Long Haul Gamer,

Again, like Vulchor and Mantrid, I laughed at this video. But you could learn to calm your temper down, I thought I was bad at keeping my temper down but this video disproves me. What beats me is that you are yelling at people and insulting people yet you don't even have a clue how these prefabs and rest stops are implemented.
Mantrid doesn't design these prefabs, the creators of the game (SCS) design them. Please take a seat and calm down, I have never seen a grown man throw such a temper tantrum over such a small thing as little as a rest stop not working. I've had times where I'd ram into a invisible wall and ruin my hard earned load, but I still wouldn't get this angry. Maybe I just have a bit more sympathy for Mantrid because I've actually used the editor and understood how these prefabs are implemented.

In shorter words, It seems like the baby's throwing a tantrum. He needs his mother to pat him till he feels better.. :lol:
jkisaragi

#4060 Post by jkisaragi » 16 Dec 2017 15:12

@Mantrid,

Great work, this is really awesome to have more than just a few states to travel through.

If you want/need any assistance with Virginia and surrounding, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand. These are roads that I travel on a daily basis in my regional runs(and I grew up over here).

I typically use Photoshop CS5 and Autodesk suite(3dsmax, cad, etc...) to create models and skins, but became fairly proficient with Blender through making mods for the Farming Simulator games.

I'm not sure all the functionality of the map editor here, but if it's able to use terrain/elevation data from sources like ArcGIS and similar I could help with that too.

If anything I could make lots of road signs and construction barrels ;)

-Jin

Return to “Maps”