[UPD] Coast to Coast Map - v2.15.49.2 (28 Jan)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Blackspots

Re: [UPD] Coast to Coast Map - v2.11.11 (UPD 05 Dec)

#9871 Post by Blackspots » 08 Dec 2020 00:04

@Vinnie Terranova My map load order thread is still valid, and I just updated it: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=250078
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Long Haul Gamer

#9872 Post by Long Haul Gamer » 08 Dec 2020 03:20

Bug found... overpass a bit too sort for newer oversized stuff.

This overpass is too sort for hauling some oversized stuff... or an invisible object is here.... ;[07/12/2020 22:09:51] (sec-0013-0011);-50404.8;216.482;-42074.1;0.419774;-0.0476671

[ external image ]
xRECONLOBSTERx

#9873 Post by xRECONLOBSTERx » 08 Dec 2020 03:45

@Long Haul Gamer Not a bug -
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Signs on both sides .

Thanks, and Keep On Trucking :D
kanthf1

#9874 Post by kanthf1 » 08 Dec 2020 06:00

There is a bit of confusion here.

According to @Vinnie Terranova map load order for C2C map with Promods canada and Reforma maps, it says, the Reforma and C2C compatibility patch V2 should go below Midwest expansion and C2C, but as per @Blackspots map load order page, it says the Reforma and C2C compatibility patch V2 should go above Midwest expansion and C2C. I am confused as to which one to follow for map load order. Also, one load order says MAPS should be at the BOTTOM in mod manager, but the other says --ai vehicle mods, wheel packs mods, trailer mods, truck improvement mods, truck mod (singular - one truck is enough) to BOTTOM of mod manager. Can anyone please let me know which one to follow?
Vinnie Terranova

#9875 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Dec 2020 08:10

For some map mods it doesn't matter where you put them between the other map mods. As far as I know this is true for the Reforma and C2C compatibility patch V2; I have no issues found yet. However, feel free to put it above C2C and see what happens.

The general load order is mainly based on logical thinking. Map mods themselfes can contain a lot of different game adjustments, like AI traffic, graphics, sounds. So AI traffic, graphics and sounds must be loaded with higher priority than maps. I've used this load order for several years and have no problems using it. I haven't tested if trucks can be loaded with lower priority than maps. Maybe it's possible too.
The point however is: to test if a map combo works, you MUST only use map mods. No other mods. Only if the map combo works you can add other kind of mods, like: AI traffic, graphics and sounds, and if you like: trucks, trailers, etc. But I always load them with higher priority than maps.

[edit]
I've taken a look into the Reforma and C2C compatibility patch V2 and it seems that it somehow has to do with two cities in west Texas: El Paso and Presidio. It is likely that it has to do with Reforma Chihuahua which isn't released yet. So for now put the Reforma and C2C compatibility patch V2 above C2C. As far as I know there is no need to put it above Midwest Expansion as well, as the patch doesn't change anything of Midwest Expansion. I've updated my load order.
X1284

#9876 Post by X1284 » 08 Dec 2020 16:01

Hi all!

Question: Wich parts of the map are planned to improve in the future?

For now Montana and the southern states (Alabama, Georia, Florida etc.) are looking good, quite realistic and enjoyable to drive. Ok, there are some copy&paste cities in the southern region, like Miami=LA, and in Florida the traffic lights sould be horizontal like in New Mexico, but this things are acceptable.

But sadly the Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas part of the map is very bad now. Poorly builded cities and terrible road network with those bumpy highway intersections, wich look awful, feels like a rollercoaster driving trough them. The scenery is empty, just randomly placed objects in the desert, and in Kansas there are big forests wich is unrealistic, there should be grassy plains, farms and fields. I think this part of the map should be completly wiped out and rebuild.

I tried the Midwest expansion mod whit this map, the road network is ok but cities are badly designed, and there is no scenery just pineforests everywhere.

So I would be very happy if there would be more states rebuilded with the current quality of the southern states.
Long Haul Gamer

#9877 Post by Long Haul Gamer » 08 Dec 2020 18:10

@xRECONLOBSTERx Problem with that is, I was routed under that overpass.
Ways71

#9878 Post by Ways71 » 08 Dec 2020 18:22

@Long Haul Gamer

As far as I know, there's currently no option in the editor that prohibits GPS routing under a specific circumstance.
The only option is to make a road fully GPS avoidable, which would prohibit any routing onto the road at all costs. That option wouldn't be applicable in this situation, because *most* trucks will fit under that bridge, just not ones hauling oversized loads (which counts as a minority of players).
Furthermore, this is the reason why trailer-restricted roads in CA and CO will still show up as routes on the GPS, resulting in non-familiar players being surprised with a $1,000 fine.

Due to the lack of GPS routing options, the only solution is to add signage indicating of a risky overpass, in which an aware player should follow the route suggested on the sign.
I'd also argue that this is quite realistic, as an overwhelming amount of real life GPS systems do not warn truckers of potentially overheight overpasses; further encouraging drivers to follow their surroundings as closely as the GPS.
uscstaylor

#9879 Post by uscstaylor » 08 Dec 2020 19:14

Hey Guys I wanted to post some picks of a job i did from Cheyenne. I picked up heavy equipment and when I was leaving Cheyanne I saw this. Weird to say the least!

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Long Haul Gamer

#9880 Post by Long Haul Gamer » 08 Dec 2020 21:43

@Ways71 I did forgot to add that it was nighttime and I most have missed the sign... maybe add lights?

Return to “Maps”