[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale 1.28.1.1s Summer and Winter

hawkbs

[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale 1.28.1.1s Summer and Winter

#1 Post by hawkbs » 17 Jul 2016 20:20

The map is a Standalone Map on a 1:1 Scale and is NOT Compatible with any other map i.e C2C or Mexuscan so please do not ask.
I was going to make it an addon but with the rescale it would cause more headaches than its worth.
Experience has been increased to reflect the size of the map compared to the base game. Pay has not.
This map is not for the feint of heart it will take you 20 minutes to get to Fox from Fairbanks and 3 1/2 hours to get to Yukon River Camp. It takes about 2 hours or so just to get to the Dalton Highway from Fairbanks alone. There are hills and corners that will make your jaw drop or wake you up. This map has been mapped with google earth and elevations for every single node added to their correct heights for their respective locations via Google Maps Find Altitude.

For those of you who remember my 18 WOS Haulin version you are in for a real treat. there is no map shaking like the original back in 18WOS. Pavel told me the map was so big the game couldnt handle it lol.

There are two versions one Summer and one Winter.

As this is a W.I.P. and ongoing there maybe a few places that are not yet complete. I have blocked off the road where necessary so road construction can continue and you do not fall off the world. Eyesores will be taken care of at a later point as well as any holes I spot.

Map Includes

Alaska State Troopers and Fairbanks Police Cars, Custom Trailer skins for some companies. Carlile T680 and W900 Skins for the SCS player trucks and AI trucks
(Watch your speed on the Elliot and Dalton those Police and State Troopers can sneak up on you or just be around the next corner.)

Custom Signs as seen along the way.

Truckdealers are located in Fairbanks : Kenworth, Peterbilt and Volvo, Deadhorse: Peterbilt

Piva has kindly done a weather mod for this map. This is included in the download

I am aware of most errors (mainly cosmetic) that are on the map.

There is no need for any gas/petrol cheats. You can get to Coldfoot without the need to sleep or refuel. This map is in realtime.

Screenshot showing the map

Summer Map Screenshots

Image Image Image
Image Image

Winter Map Screenshots

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Atigun Pass pre-release teaser video
North Eastern part of Fairbanks

Jobs from and or to Carlile, Pepsi, Lowes, Sourdough Fuel, Fred Meyer, Home Depot, Walmart, McDonalds and more. (Thank you to Nico at Pro Mods for permission to use this McDonalds prefab)

Farmers Loop

Sourdough Fuel

Fox (Steese Hwy)

Silvergulch Bottling

Fox (Elliot Hwy)

Hilltop Truckstop - n.b. This is the last fuel stop until either Livengood Airport or Yukon River Camp

Elliot Highway

Pump Station 7

Livengood

Nothing to see here, move along

Livengood Airport
Deliveries and pickups as well as fuel and a repair shop

Rest area nearby at Livengood Camp

Dalton Highway

Rest stop at mile 1 with custom sign just like in the picture and irl

Pump Station 6, Yukon River Camp, Hot Spot Cafe, Five mile Airport, Seven Mile Station, Rollercoaster, Beaverslide, Arctic Circle, Prospect Creek, Coldfoot
Wiseman, Chandalar Station, Atigun Pass, Pump Station 4, Bettles, Galbraith Lake, Toolik Field Station, Pump Station 3, Ice Cut, Happy Valley Airstrip, Sag River Station, Pump Station 2, Deadhorse.

How to use: Download and unrar the rar file with Winrar and put the scs file in your documents/American Truck Simulator /mods folder.
Start the game and create a new profile.
At the driver creation screen you need to open the Mod Manager and activate the mod and return to the driver screen you just created.
Choose Dalton.mdb as the map in the dropdown box for map selection and enjoy.
Please Skip the Tutorial as this has been causing issues with jobs for some people.
Any issues with this persisting see here viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&start=1270#p794457

Previous Savegames from the normal game map and/or other maps will not work with this map.
This map is NOT compatible with any other maps it is Standalone.

All updates and releases will be posted in this thread only. Any links to this map outside this forum are not by me and therefore not supported at all.

Patch Notes and MOST IMPORTANTLY the LOAD ORDER for this release are here: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&p=793674#p793674

Please Do Not Download My Maps from anywhere else but the SCS Forums as I only update and post them here.

DOWNLOAD Winter Ver 1.28.1.1s
COMPATIBLE WITH PATCH 1.28.1.1s
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ADum ... sp=sharing

Winter Map Patch - Adds missing sound to Yukon Bridge Please download and replace the map files included in the download with this

DOWNLOAD Summer Ver 1.28.1.1s
COMPATIBLE WITH PATCH 1.28.1.1s

Patch for Summer Map 10 Sept 17 Please download and replace the map and Def files included in the download with this

Heavy Cargo Loads Patch- for Heavy Cargo DLC ONLY N.B. This is for BOTH Maps - NEW LINK

N.B about Steam Workshop Mods. This map has not been tested with any other mods. Please disable all your other mods and Steam Workshop Mods if you have problems. Although Steam Workshop Mods may be disabled in Mod Manager these can still load and cause crashes. I found it best to unsubscribe from them or they auto download and mount again. Then I deleted the folders that contained them. They can be found in your Steam folder/steamapps/workshop/content folder
Also please see this post from @Reef about this issue and a shortcut to disable them for this map viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&p=794002#p794000

If problems persists please post your game log using the code function for this board see here viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&start=1250#p793998

Fairbanks Radio Stations
I tried to get these into the ingame music player to no avail, however you can still open them in a seperate browser and listen while driving.
Personal favorites are Magic 101, K-Wolf, Alaskas Country - KIAK-FM, Wild 94.3
http://streema.com/radios/Fairbanks_AK

Thank you to

Piva for his fantastic weather mods and skyboxes

Nico at Promods for the permission to use McDonalds

FLD for his prefabs and Models

SCS for this wonderful game
Last edited by hawkbs on 13 Sep 2017 11:35, edited 154 times in total.

Reef
Global moderator

Re: Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme ATS Version 1.0 [REL] [WIP

#2 Post by Reef » 17 Jul 2016 20:32

Welcome to 2016 hawkbs and the Elliot and Dalton Highway :D
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

hawkbs

#3 Post by hawkbs » 17 Jul 2016 20:38

Thanks Reef enjoy it, I know a few people have been waiting for this for a while now but I was lazy.

Bandit188

#4 Post by Bandit188 » 17 Jul 2016 20:39

I was one of them.
Last edited by Reef on 17 Jul 2016 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote, please read the forum rules
Signature was in violation of the forum rules, section 3, and has been replaced with this message.

RiXeN

#5 Post by RiXeN » 17 Jul 2016 20:54

Awesome, time to relive memories from the Haulin' version.

Also, your images on imgur aren't set to public, btw. ;)
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I5-4690K |//| XFX Radeon R9 280x 3GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

hawkbs

#6 Post by hawkbs » 17 Jul 2016 21:01

Just checked on Imgur and it says they are but gave me a different link so adjusted it on here.

ShirBlackspots

#7 Post by ShirBlackspots » 17 Jul 2016 21:46

Will this eventually have all of Alaska, or just the tiny area shown on the first thumbnail?
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map, Italy Map
ATS Map Combo: Viva Mexico, Coast to Coast, Project West, CanaDream, RickPP's I-10 ATS

Reef
Global moderator

#8 Post by Reef » 17 Jul 2016 21:56

Btw hawkbs, it slipped my notice initially until someone reported it, but green text is reserved for moderators use only here so I've replaced all the green with yellow ;)
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

hawkbs

#9 Post by hawkbs » 17 Jul 2016 22:07

ShirBlackspots wrote:Will this eventually have all of Alaska, or just the tiny area shown on the first thumbnail?
Fairbanks to Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay basically the entire Dalton highway 1:1 Scale. Which will probably take 10-12 real hours to drive.
See this image http://imgur.com/10WUqIy Currently the map is not even 1/3 of the way there but it will still take you 3 and 3/4 real hours from Fairbanks to Seven Mile.
Then you have the trip back to do.
Believe me it is not that tiny.

I might add in Bettles Im not sure yet as normally its a winter road to get there but I am definitely not adding in Nuiqsut as that needs an ice crossing

Places to do still are Pump Station 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1, Prospect Creek airport, Coldfoot, Wiseman, Rollercoaster, Chandalar Shelf, Atigun Pass, Ice Cut, Galbraith Lake Deadhorse and Prudhoe Bay.

Im not insane enough to do the entirety of Alaska on a 1:1 scale sorry

Reef wrote:Btw hawkbs, it slipped my notice initially until someone reported it, but green text is reserved for moderators use only here so I've replaced all the green with yellow ;)
No worries Reef. Didnt realize. I even read the rules but Ive been up all night and its 8am here so gonna grab some sleep lol
Last edited by hawkbs on 17 Jul 2016 22:14, edited 2 times in total.

BEARlyThereCDN

#10 Post by BEARlyThereCDN » 17 Jul 2016 22:21

I have never driven a 1:1 map. This should be a blast! Thanks for your work Reef. :)

Return to “Maps”