[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.40 Winter Map Update 27/3/21

#3051 Post by hawkbs » 01 Apr 2021 07:18

@paulieGTR Sorry I forgot about that was quite late for me. Its still in the "Def" folder as game_data.sii
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
paulieGTR

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.40 Winter Map Update 27/3/21

#3052 Post by paulieGTR » 04 Apr 2021 12:31

yeah, sry @hawkbs . I'm still just a bit confused.
On opening your: "Dalton_Elliot_Hwy_Winter_Defs_1.40.scs" file, I do not see any 'game_data.sii' file inside the defs folder.

So this is for me, where the confusion is..
Are you saying: there 'is' meant to be a game_data file inside your defs, but you've somehow forgot to include it before packaging.
Or, are you saying that you did not include the game_data file in you mod, because it does not need one/is not needed.

tia and again, sry. :)
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
hawkbs

#3053 Post by hawkbs » 09 Apr 2021 12:55

Didnt include one at all as the default is fine. Sorry for the late reply Ive had no internet all week.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
paulieGTR

#3054 Post by paulieGTR » 10 Apr 2021 11:41

np's and thankyou hawk, it's all I needed to know. :)
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
Fae

#3055 Post by Fae » 12 Apr 2021 02:55

Glad to see this map is still around. I may actually be driving that road sometime in the next few years in real life. Gotta follow the money. Hope you are doing well, Hawk.
Faelandaea Dravin
OTR Truck Driver
Faelandaea's Trucking Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/c/FaelandaeaDravin
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/PEm7M9HwYP
[ external image ]
paulieGTR

#3056 Post by paulieGTR » 09 May 2021 19:02

Well @hawkbs, I've been up and down the Dalton: fairbanks > Prudoe and Prudoe > Fairbanks several times since my last post and I'm not encountering any long freezes. in fact, no freezes at all.

The only issues I did encounter was with errors in the gamelogs pertaining to.. "compatible versions and Categories not defined".
I've manged to get rid of all these errors by opening the manifests in the archives and completely removing the "compatible version" line.
I also added(small case) "other" as the category in the manifests, that had no category set.

There was another error re. a dangling pointer.. "country/fairbanks/traffic" iirc. That error was to do with "Checy_Imp" in traffic.sii.
I thought that was just a typo so made that reference, "Chevy_Imp". But, after changing it, the dangling pointer error remained. So I went back to traffic.sii and deleted the lines for Chevy_Imp/Object etc. Removing those refs, got rid of the errors and I had clean logs.

There is only a couple of errors left and they are about the 'look of' buildings or houses iirc, but they do not seem to cause any probs or issues.

I hope you don't mind me editing those manifests and the traffic.sii file. The only reason and with the greatest of respect, was to keep the logs clean and error free as much as possible, since I was still trying to work out my initial problem of the long freezes.

About that..
I remember I made a new post a while back about how my T500 wheel was being affected in a negative way after recent game update/changes and Madkine kindly pointed me to another thread, about thrustmaster users who were possibly experiencing something similar with their wheels.
Turns out that the "Damper", when enabled in the forcefeedback settings menu of Options > Controls.. it is outputting unnecessary information/data.
Now just because of the very nature of the Dalton road and what it is, this in turn(I presume) is probably now a 'constant stream' of "unnecessary data" and very likely saturating the system, hence the perf hit.

So I tried disabling FFB just to test it and it seemed to fix it. Saying that, there's just no way I could drive in any sim without FFB.
However I did remember about the post that I'd made and so enabled the FFB again but this time, disabled the Damper.. and it worked.!!

So for now, I have 'disabled' the FFB Damper effects for my Dalton profile and as said previously, no more probs.
fwiw... here is the link to the original thread in case it's relevant to others and not just folks who use thrustmaster.
Needs to be said that a dev replied in an email, after one of our forum members reached out and contacted support. That email has since been shared.
In one of the 'major' game version releases, an updated and reworked FFB will appear for our the truck sims. Which version and when.. no idea.
But I am looking forward to that update and getting the damper enabled again, 'cos it feels a bit like a spring force wheel/lifeless without the damper.

link:viewtopic.php?f=277&t=296503

Again hawk, I hope you don't mind me editing those files and I apologise in advance.
..also, thankyou again for the Dalton.
MotherTrucker-UK

#3057 Post by MotherTrucker-UK » 10 May 2021 09:03

Hi, ive got all the mods in the correct order but when i go back to my profile driver i cant change the map because there is no drop down box
Grizzly

#3058 Post by Grizzly » 10 May 2021 12:23

@MotherTrucker-UK check again what you are doing, I tried creating a new profile and it does work with the winter map mod.
paulieGTR

#3059 Post by paulieGTR » 10 May 2021 23:19

MotherTrucker-UK wrote: 10 May 2021 09:03 Hi, ive got all the mods in the correct order but when i go back to my profile driver i cant change the map because there is no drop down box
So first off..

1./ create new profile
2./ put in a name for your driver..

3./ "now" goto mod manager and enable the dalton files and click "Apply".

4./ close mod manager and confirm "yes" when asked, this will take you back to your driver details screen.
5./ fill in the rest of the details and at the bottom you'll see a drop-down box "playing module".. press and select dalton.mdb.
6./ continue and choose your garage, then "skip" the tutorial.

It's very important that you follow these steps and do them in the exact order, otherwise you'll not be able to select the dalton.mdb.
So to recap..
Create new > name your driver only(nothing else) > mod manager and apply and close it > fill in the rest of the driver details > select dalton.mdb in playing module > continue, choose your garage and then skip the tut.
JamesMc

#3060 Post by JamesMc » 13 Jun 2021 12:38

Hoping for some suggestions.

I am using 1.40. I created a new profile as instructed, ensuring to add the mods in the correct order as well as selecting the correct module. I also skipped the tutorial. I have no other mods installed.

When I go tot load the map I get the loading screen, a window pops up to select the starting garage, but then ATS crashes to desktop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to “Maps”