[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

#2831 Post by hawkbs » 29 Jun 2020 02:40

likebubba wrote: 28 Jun 2020 23:48 is there a latest non-winter version?
There is but I havent converted it to 1.37 yet. I wanted to get the Winter version done first as its the most popular and by far the most dangerous ;)
Also certain anomalies stand out a bit more clearly in the Winter version enabling me to spot them quicker and fix them.
i.e. there was a terrain piece sticking up into the air by Livengood Airport I fixed in this release.

@Trucker_71 Hi Alky, think you can send me a gamelog to give me a bit of a heads up for 1.38 please.
Are you running anything else with the Dalton like modded trucks or anything? Dont start a new profile and lose everything, wait till Ive got it sorted out. A new profile probably wont make any difference anyway
if SCS have changed something thats causing the crash.

@LudoModding Enjoy the map and welcome to the Dalton!
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

#2832 Post by hawkbs » 29 Jun 2020 14:09

Summer Map Delay till 1.38

Hey guys Ive just seen Alki's gamelog.txt from 1.38 Beta and it looks like SCS made some changes to some def as well as other files that are causing a ton of errors for him.
Alki only had the Dalton files loaded in mod manager so there are definitely quite a few changes I need to look at and fix for 1.38
Therefore Im just going to go ahead and grab 1.38 Beta and jump face first into it starting this week.
I am therefore postponing the Summer Map until 1.38 comes out of Beta and all the changes are done and its released as a full patch.
Im going to do a double release for both Summer and Winter at that stage when 1.38 is out of Beta.
[ external image ]
CE14LEE

#2833 Post by CE14LEE » 29 Jun 2020 14:37

Glad to be back on the Dalton. Thanks again Hawkbs for keeping this alive. just dont drain yourself out this time. we all need a break.
Current Trucks In ETS2 and ATS
ETS2 R.T Keedwell Group Mercedes Actros MP5 WX69 OXG
ETS2 Ferryman Limited Mercedes Actros MP5 Edition 1 CN21 WXA
ATS Carlile Transportation Kenworth W900 C-2079

My YouTube Channel https://m.youtube.com/@CF21LDB
likebubba

#2834 Post by likebubba » 29 Jun 2020 18:55

hawkbs wrote: 29 Jun 2020 02:40
likebubba wrote: 28 Jun 2020 23:48 is there a latest non-winter version?
There is but I havent converted it to 1.37 yet. I wanted to get the Winter version done first as its the most popular and by far the most dangerous ;)
Also certain anomalies stand out a bit more clearly in the Winter version enabling me to spot them quicker and fix them.
i.e. there was a terrain piece sticking up into the air by Livengood Airport I fixed in this release.

@Trucker_71 Hi Alky, think you can send me a gamelog to give me a bit of a heads up for 1.38 please.
Are you running anything else with the Dalton like modded trucks or anything? Dont start a new profile and lose everything, wait till Ive got it sorted out. A new profile probably wont make any difference anyway
if SCS have changed something thats causing the crash.

@LudoModding Enjoy the map and welcome to the Dalton!
awesome
and also
any car mod I try to use crashes the game
as well as any traffic mod
hawkbs

#2835 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2020 00:43

likebubba wrote: 29 Jun 2020 18:55 awesome
and also
No AI traffic mod will work with The Dalton unless they have my countries and traffic files setup. Each State in the base game is setup as a country and they all have different traffic files.
Jazzycat did an ai traffic mod that contains Alaska for a different map.
They would have to set it up so that it would contain the following countries for it to work and also do the traffic file defs. fairbanks, northslope and yukonkoyu
This splits my map into three seperate sectors/countries and each has different traffic. As you get further north from Fairbanks the less "cars" you will see.
They would also have to more than likely change the parked vehicles file and special vehicles as well for it to be compatible.
Without setting it up for my maps countries the AI Traffic mod will cause the game to look for countries and vehicles that arent there, thus causing a CTD.
These would also then have to be checked and updated after each release I do due to the changes SCS can make to traffic files such as the case is with Alki in 1.38 Beta.
Sample of part of the error log he got for 1.38 Beta and there is a ton more than Im showing.

Code: Select all

00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0400' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.audi_a6') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<C:/Users/alkys_000/Documents/American Truck Simulator/mod/Dalton_Elliot_Hwy_Winter_Defs.scs | >/def/country/fairbanks/traffic.sii':
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.audi_a6' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<C:/Users/alkys_000/Documents/American Truck Simulator/mod/Dalton_Elliot_Hwy_Winter_Defs.scs | >/def/country/fairbanks/traffic.sii':
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0e50' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.box') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.box' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.1180' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.hool') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.hool' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0d90' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.ladder') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.ladder' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0e20' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.lincoln_mkt') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.lincoln_mkt' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0ee0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.l_lincoln.w') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<C:/Users/alkys_000/Documents/American Truck Simulator/mod/Dalton_Elliot_Hwy_Winter_Defs.scs | >/def/country/fairbanks/traffic.sii':
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.l_lincoln.w' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<C:/Users/alkys_000/Documents/American Truck Simulator/mod/Dalton_Elliot_Hwy_Winter_Defs.scs | >/def/country/fairbanks/traffic.sii':
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0f10' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.l_lincoln.b') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.l_lincoln.b' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0b50' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.pv_posted') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.pv_posted' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.09d0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.pv_uds') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.pv_uds' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.1090' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.pv_frosty') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.pv_frosty' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0fd0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.tesla') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.tesla' looks like dangling pointer.
SCS have changed the traffic files again so I need to go fix them for the next update for 1.38. Then anyone who made an AI Traffic Mod for my map would then have to check it against my release.

As for car mods I have no idea about that, perhaps its not upto date. FMOD changed all the sounds in the game and if they are not using fmod for any custom sounds they use, it might be the cause of CTD's, as the game wont be able to
locate the sounds for the engines, etc etc. If the car is not FMOD compatible it will be the cause the ctd imho.
Pretty sure alot of folks run custom trucks on my map, and usually if they have a problem it is generally down to a particular
Custom Truck not being upto date.
[ external image ]
hawkbs

#2836 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2020 02:33

1.38 Open Beta Massive Problems

So yeah Ive just been going through the logs some more that Alky sent me and it looks like they have changed alot of files.
Road rules, Lane rules, Signs, effects (weather is showing some errors there). Changed model def files and made an attribute obsolete.
Thats only what I have discovered at a quick glance to the files Alky sent me.
This might take some time to sort out and fix. Then gotta wait for every update they do to 1.38 Beta and check if they change anything again.
Then when they bring it out of Beta another check to see if they make any last minute changes and sneak them in.
This is generally always the case when they are about to also bring in new DLC as well. Id say possibly they are changing things for the upcoming two DLC's
but I wont be able to confirm that until I have unpacked 1.38 Beta and looked through the files.

Loaded 1.38 OB
Currently this is the mess I am faced with in 1.38 Beta
These are my gamelogs. I cut the loading part out due to size limitations on pastebin, but you will get the idea of the issues.
I might have to completely redo the weather from the looks of things.

Gamelog.txt Part 1
https://pastebin.com/bDLShM1r
Gamelog.txt Part 2
https://pastebin.com/ycSrKMR5
Gamelog.txt part 3
https://pastebin.com/KSRhPQD6

This is the way I spawned into Fairbanks or what was Fairbanks.
Weeeee Im flying!
[ external image ]

So there we have it folks this is the absolute mess I am now faced with for 1.38 and probably every Mapper and Modder that does Weather etc.
I have posted a couple of warnings on the main post on the first page and put a link directly to this post saying Not to use the Dalton with 1.38 Open Beta.

So on that note if you guys want to play Open Beta and expect to drive the Dalton it aint gonna happen.
I would suggest making a copy of 1.37 first following this thread viewtopic.php?f=188&t=253470&p=898774&h ... so#p898774
if you want to continue to drive the Dalton until such a time as I can get the map working again
which could take quite some time from the looks of things.

EDIT: For any Modders reading this. Alot of sii files have now become sui files. This is mentioned briefly in the modding wiki but doesnt say which files.
Game data
many SII files (units) that should be SUI files (includes) renamed, TBD
Some of the files I have discovered are in the traffic folders under ai and also trailers. Also under def/cargo
[ external image ]
Vinnie Terranova

#2837 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 30 Jun 2020 06:52

hawkbs wrote: 30 Jun 2020 00:43Without setting it up for my maps countries the AI Traffic mod will cause the game to look for countries and vehicles that arent there, thus causing a CTD.
This is something I cannot understand in the slightest way: if an AI traffic mod looks for countries and vehicles that aren't there, then it just shouldn't show AI traffic. The last thing it should do, is causing a CTD...
hawkbs wrote: 30 Jun 2020 02:33So yeah Ive just been going through the logs some more that Alky sent me and it looks like they have changed alot of files.
Road rules, Lane rules, Signs, effects (weather is showing some errors there). Changed model def files and made an attribute obsolete.
Thats only what I have discovered at a quick glance to the files Alky sent me.
This might take some time to sort out and fix. Then gotta wait for every update they do to 1.38 Beta and check if they change anything again.
Then when they bring it out of Beta another check to see if they make any last minute changes and sneak them in.
This is generally always the case when they are about to also bring in new DLC as well. Id say possibly they are changing things for the upcoming two DLC's
but I wont be able to confirm that until I have unpacked 1.38 Beta and looked through the files.
I can imagine that this changing of files, road rules, etc is very, very frustrating for modders. It might become so frustrating that some modders might decide to not make any mods anymore, which I can totally understand.

Of course a modder could wait till the update is released before updating his/her mod, but then you're always behind the facts: in a (few) week(s) update 1.38 will be released, after that a modder has to update his/her mod which can take some weeks or even more, but before you know SCS releases the next update 1.39. You are always behind the facts. And that's oke if there are very few file changes with each update, but if many files are changed and you even don't know which files... Yeah, very frustrating...
hawkbs

#2838 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2020 07:44

@Vinnie Terranova Its always best to try keep up with open Betas due to the amount of changes that can be made during an open beta. If you keep on top of it and all the changes that happen during an open beta then less work when its released.
It also gives you more time to sort out horrific messes like I encountered today. Sometimes it can take longer especially when they change something like the way sound works and require you to download and get to know another program entirely such as FMOD and give incomplete guidance on it. Yes that kind of thing can be very frustrating indeed. Id expect alot of trucks that were on the Steam Workshop, Engine Mods and other mods that contain sound havent been updated nor probably will be because some people just dont have the patience and say stuff it.
It is also frustrating when they do a release and youve got the files all done and released on time and a week or so later theres another open beta. This Ive seen a few times and yes it gets annoying.

As for the ai let me just try clarify that. If a user has an ai traffic mod loaded that lists the wrong countries i.e. california, nevada, new_mexico, oregon etc etc and the map is a standalone map with completely different countries such as mine which only has three, those being fairbanks, yukonkoyu and northslope. The "game" is still going to look for the countries that are in that "traffic mods" definitions and not the ones in my map. Thats what causes the CTD, it throws out a ton of errors and crashes because the game itself cannot find the countries listed in the AiTraffic Mods definition files which are calling those countries. I also have custom vehicles which are called by other files within the game as well such as the parked cars file and special vehicles file. Although I do have to include files for the base games country definitions and set both the coordinates to 0,0,0 (So they dont show the countries names) and the ai traffic for those countries to 0 or there could be all kinds of errors showing as well as California HP cars showing up on the Dalton.
Sometimes modders will also throw in files that they shouldnt even touch (because theres no need to) and these can overwrite another mods files which causes all kinds of wonderful problems as well.
Now if that user who was crashing to desktop was also running 1.38OB as well all the main traffic definition files have been changed by SCS and are no longer sii files and are now sui files the game also cannot find those files and well just look at my pastebins above and you will see what happens there.
The AI Traffic mod might not even be upto date with the current game version and that also might cause a CTD.

Its kind of like rolling a ball down a corridor and someone puts a wall down in the middle. The ball wants to go straight ahead but it cant go any further and comes to a stop because theres a wall there.

EDIT: It was a bit long winded but I hope that clarifies it a little bit more.

Edit 2: Also some Ai Traffic Mods such as Jazzy's have custom Cargo files that can also cause errors because the companies I have which are also custom dont have cargo files for them.

However without his actual gamelog.txt I cant tell what version of the game he is running, nor what AI Traffic mod he has nor any other mods he may be running which might cause the error and CTD.
[ external image ]
likebubba

#2839 Post by likebubba » 30 Jun 2020 09:33

hawkbs wrote: 30 Jun 2020 00:43
likebubba wrote: 29 Jun 2020 18:55 awesome
and also
No AI traffic mod will work with The Dalton unless they have my countries and traffic files setup. Each State in the base game is setup as a country and they all have different traffic files.
Jazzycat did an ai traffic mod that contains Alaska for a different map.
They would have to set it up so that it would contain the following countries for it to work and also do the traffic file defs. fairbanks, northslope and yukonkoyu
This splits my map into three seperate sectors/countries and each has different traffic. As you get further north from Fairbanks the less "cars" you will see.
They would also have to more than likely change the parked vehicles file and special vehicles as well for it to be compatible.
Without setting it up for my maps countries the AI Traffic mod will cause the game to look for countries and vehicles that arent there, thus causing a CTD.
These would also then have to be checked and updated after each release I do due to the changes SCS can make to traffic files such as the case is with Alki in 1.38 Beta.
Sample of part of the error log he got for 1.38 Beta and there is a ton more than Im showing.

Code: Select all

00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0400' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.audi_a6') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.audi_a6' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0e50' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.box') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.box' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.1180' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.hool') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.hool' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0d90' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.ladder') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.ladder' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.730 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0e20' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.lincoln_mkt') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.730 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.lincoln_mkt' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0ee0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.l_lincoln.w') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.l_lincoln.w' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0f10' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.l_lincoln.b') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.l_lincoln.b' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0b50' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.pv_posted') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.pv_posted' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.09d0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.pv_uds') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.pv_uds' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.1090' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.pv_frosty') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.pv_frosty' looks like dangling pointer.
00:01:22.731 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1c1.8430.0fd0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.tesla') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:01:22.731 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.tesla' looks like dangling pointer.
SCS have changed the traffic files again so I need to go fix them for the next update for 1.38. Then anyone who made an AI Traffic Mod for my map would then have to check it against my release.

As for car mods I have no idea about that, perhaps its not upto date. FMOD changed all the sounds in the game and if they are not using fmod for any custom sounds they use, it might be the cause of CTD's, as the game wont be able to
locate the sounds for the engines, etc etc. If the car is not FMOD compatible it will be the cause the ctd imho.
Pretty sure alot of folks run custom trucks on my map, and usually if they have a problem it is generally down to a particular
Custom Truck not being upto date.
thanks.

the cars mod thing wasn't actally the car, it was the improved trains mod.

since there is no traffic mod compatible? is it possinble you add more variations as even if I do traffic x10, tracks are everywhere but very very few cars and buses for miles.
hawkbs

#2840 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2020 10:38

The Dalton is supposed to be like that. The more remote you get the less traffic. When you get to North Slope Borough its going to be more trucks and maybe the odd SUV.
It is remote Alaska anyway. People who break down on the Dalton can go many hours without seeing a sole. This was pointed out in Ice Road Truckers many times.
Are you running a physics mod or does that car have one in it? You should be sliding around at those speeds in the Winter Map. If the car is above the map files drop it below them in the load order
for more realistic winter physics and make sure the chains file isnt loaded as that also has its own physics. ;)
Im guessing you are still on the Elliot Highway there and havent actually reached The Dalton Highway itself yet. Thats gonna be fun in that car thank god you arent in a motion rig simulator lol.
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”