[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
KenworthFan1987

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.40 Winter Map Update 27/3/21

#3131 Post by KenworthFan1987 » 03 Oct 2021 03:00

I am a huge fan of this map but I just wanna ask, will there be a 1.40 Summer edition, or am I missing something?
Trucker_71

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.40 Winter Map Update 27/3/21

#3132 Post by Trucker_71 » 03 Oct 2021 10:05

@KenworthFan1987 "or am I missing something?"
Basically you're missing the author, he's not active on this mod right now. Apparently he has a very time consuming job and his interests lie in some other game. :?
horseman89

#3133 Post by horseman89 » 04 Oct 2021 08:09

KenworthFan1987 wrote: 03 Oct 2021 03:00 I am a huge fan of this map but I just wanna ask, will there be a 1.40 Summer edition, or am I missing something?
I guess you already know the answer and the answer is "no". Because there are 1.42 beta already out and even if @hawkbs will someday update this summer map then for sure this will not be for some old patch.
The biggest stupidities are done with serious faces.
AlconburyBlues

#3134 Post by AlconburyBlues » 15 Oct 2021 08:09

Question for anyone really, not just the author. I originally posted this topic in the Steam forums. But maybe fans of this map (that have to drive in the snow) might know the answer:

"Any mod (or file edit) to remove 'bouncey' offroad effect?"

Not talking about the camera BTW.

Referring to the physical bouncey movement of the truck when offroad. Seems very extreme and unrealistic. A real truck would not be going boing, boing, boing, boing, over dirt [or in our case, the snow] unless they were speeding excessively. It's that oscillating effect that is really annoying. Almost as if the truck had no suspension at all. You know, the same thing you get in your car when one of the shocks goes out.

[In this instance, I'm barely able to go over 30 mph all the way to Pump Station 6, without the bouncey effect kicking in.]

-No physics mods are being used. (Not including the physics of this map.)
-Tried playing with the suspension slider. Didn't seem to have any effect, max or min.
-Tried the stability sliders. Same thing, no effect change.
-Tried messing with the camera movement sliders, but since it's not the camera I'm talking about, it didn't change anything.

Are there any console commands or file edits or mods I can try?
horseman89

#3135 Post by horseman89 » 15 Oct 2021 10:03

@AlconburyBlues What can I say.... its known problem for me too. For example in the bettles trail I had about 10-15% truck(~5% trailer) damage wile driving there but for bettles bouncy road I found solution - just drive closer to the left or right coner and then you wont get this damage at all. But road is still bouncy and I guess this is just this game problem because there is not too much offfroad places in these games and physics are what they are - for normal alsphalt, concrete road and not for offroad. That I guess is the main problem.
AlconburyBlues

#3136 Post by AlconburyBlues » 20 Oct 2021 08:55

@horseman89, well I do realize that driving off-road does look and feel like that. But not a snow covered paved road.

I know there are different versions of "dirt road" in the game with various degrees of roughness (easiest and flattest being the "farm" dirt, and the hardest and roughest being the "quarry" road). It seems that for the 50mph "unplowed" sections of the route (at least in the southern half), the "quarry" model might have been used. If you have actual truck driving exp, you would know driving in snow doesn't make the truck bounce up and down like that. (Unless you're hitting chunks of ice. So for the "ice road" areas, I would say that's appropriate.)

I would suggest that hawkbs switch those out for the "farm" dirt model (or whatever the smoothest one is), so you can at least get close to the speed limit without losing your lunch. ;) Driving for hundreds of miles going up and down constantly is unbearable. It should be slushy, not bouncy. Agree?

(BTW, apparently the only replies I got over on the Steam thread were from people that would stray off topic and question my experience. They would start to argue for the sake of "self-righteousness". Their poor attitude completely going against the concept of "The Greatest Community Ever" and it's ideals. Instead of simply answering whether or not a mod can be made, they questioned why. So the topic got locked.)
Pathmaker

#3137 Post by Pathmaker » 20 Oct 2021 12:48

So this question may have been answered in the 314 pages of this thread but rather than read that whole book, someone may have a quick answer.

I've been told the summer version doesn't work at all in the current gen of ATS. But I also can't get the winter ver 2 version to work. The mats file doesn't show up in my list of mods even though it's in my mod folder.
Last edited by Pathmaker on 21 Oct 2021 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
horseman89

#3138 Post by horseman89 » 20 Oct 2021 14:30

@AlconburyBlues For regular iced paved road at least for me everything is fine I dont know what the heck you talking about then. LOL. I can drive there even over 50 miles (usually drive at 70-75mph there ... Removed - Rule 2.3 the cops ther're not rare there!) and till Wiseman and little over that place regular paved road is still fine cause snow is just a texture there and is not affecting much your driving. There is no Snow in ATS by the way and = there is no snow physics at all. As I know hawkbs took it from ETS2. So if you have sunch difficulties with that bouncing on paved road then look for physics.sii files in your truck mods they probably will cuse that bumpy effect or if you use some additional "realistic" physics then try to disable these physics and look how truck will behave then on that road. This been said for "100 times" there that you dont need additional physics mods there they can cause issues because there is +/- accurate physics file for driving on Dalton in the Dalton's Def file. You dont need to put some additional physics there. Or you can try to use Winter Chains patch (included in the archive) if you dont use it. It have his own physics.sii file too. Try to play with or without these winter chains and see is there a difference if you use or dont use them.
velocitygaming5

#3139 Post by velocitygaming5 » 09 Nov 2021 17:07

I plan to make dedicated online server for this map when it gets updated to 1.42. I would love for this to be updated for modded convoy.
Madkine
Global moderator

#3140 Post by Madkine » 09 Nov 2021 19:56

@velocitygaming5 You can be 99% certain it doesn't get updated for 1.42. Possibly not for 1.43 either.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Maps”