[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
TideTour

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.39 Winter Map Update 7/1/21

#3021 Post by TideTour » 25 Mar 2021 09:47

Looking forward to the 1.40 update. This map is the ultimate truck simulator challenge, and I'll be ready to roll.
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
32GB Kingston Fury Beast RAM
Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI OC 8GB Dual
Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.39 Winter Map Update 7/1/21

#3022 Post by hawkbs » 25 Mar 2021 10:24

Thought Id have a crack at it tonight real quickly. For some reason even though the weather files for the Dalton bad and nice range from -17C to -33C and it even shows it in the editor and the Dalton Climate is burnt into each sector via a climate file in the map folder,
for some reason or another when I jumped in game and it was snowing the temp said 17C again. So no idea whats going on there and thats going to take some serious investigation.

Also noticed the traffic files have been changed yet again and they have split traffic types again so going to have to change all that as Fairbanks was like a ghost town.

My sounds for the Yukon River Bridge and the creaking Ice on the Bettles trail have gone silent again, however I think I need to just redo those after upgrading FOMOD as they were done in the previous version. Touch wood.
I however just noticed this on the wiki for 1.40
Sound
There is new layer for map-based sound editation. It is accessed by "-edit -sound" commandline params which open map editor in sound editation mode, rest of the map items are inaccessible (sound items are inaccessible in regular editor mode). There can be defined sound areas either for reverbs or ambinents and also put specific sound sources with some conditions.
More sound changes , #Sigh, #bashHeadonDesk, #curses

EDIT:- After using this new command line the sounds appear in the editor again. Hmmmmmmm

SCS did some file restructuring/sorting and I think I got what was plainly obvious. They decided to move certain files in the unit/hookup folder into separate folders.

As for big changes and surprises I havent worked on the map since 1.40 Beta started as I was keeping an eye on all the patches for it and their sizes. When I saw how frequent they were I decided to wait until release before going any further as it would have been pointless updating the map to whatever version of 1.40 Beta was at
only to find if I fixed something it could be broken within 1 or 2 days with the next patch. The patches were just too frequent and I had no idea where on the forums they decided to post the update notes. They used to be in a certain spot which they had been for years but they changed that for some reason and I could not find them. This was the last post I saw viewtopic.php?f=214&p=1495908#p1495908 nothing further was posted there after.

Anyway Im sure I am in for a few other surprises as I fix things. Im going to try get in an hour each day on this over the next week.

EDIT: Sort of fixed the traffic just need to get trucks spawning again in traffic.
Another odd thing I took a quick job and for the life of me could not get the darn truck to move an inch.
Defs need to figure that out. Might delete the profile and recreate it.
edit; Turns out for some odd reason it was the brake axis deadzone. Odd as I had always driven on that setting before however it was causing the brakes to jam on.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Grizzly

#3023 Post by Grizzly » 25 Mar 2021 14:09

I find my brakes being fully jammed on sometimes when you first come into the game or start a job, have to tap them then they release, seems to have started in 1.40 but I'm running mods so wasn't sure if it was a base game thing.
phagedarc

#3024 Post by phagedarc » 26 Mar 2021 20:08

just curious, has anyone played this mod in vr. wondering if it works. i'm playing ats in vr, well anyway. but the mod don't work, probably doesn't work because of updates.
hawkbs

#3025 Post by hawkbs » 27 Mar 2021 08:49

@phagedarc Im currrently testing the map with 1.40 fixes. Any major game updates will always break a map mod.
Shall have a release for 1.40 soon enough though for the Winter Map.
[ external image ]
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.40 Winter Map Update 27/3/21

#3026 Post by hawkbs » 27 Mar 2021 10:25

Winter Map Compatibility Update for ATS 1.40

Brought the map upto date with game version 1.40.
Nothing new has been added due to the amount of patches 1.40 underwent during Beta.
There were far too many updates to safely work on the map.

Weather has been changed to the new system and is currently set for 21 Jan 2018 times and temperatures.
Sunrise starts around 10am and Sunset starts at 4pm with Civil Twilight from 9am till 5pm https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/fai ... &year=2018

For some unknown reason the weather was switching to Default Climate instead of Dalton Climate even though the map
has the Dalton Climate burnt into it via a climate file in the map folder for each sector. This was causing the temperatures to display wrong.
This has been rectified and the default climate replaced with the Dalton climate settings. Temperatures now display correctly.
I havent been able to spot any texture stretching with the skybox as yet.
Snow can be a bit intense now so be careful.

SCS moved a few files around in the unit/hookup folder.

The Firetruck has been changed so I will need to reskin it to Fairbanks Fire Dept. This will come later.

Havent had time to fully test physics but will be taking a look at that in a future update. I havent changed anything though.

Heavy Cargo has finally been brought upto date for Heavy Cargo DLC users. Please note I havent had the time to drive any of these.

Load Order is the same as usual. Remember if you need Winter Chains they go at the top of the load order as they have their own physics.

Front page updated as per normal

Download here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gIFA_V ... sp=sharing

Please delete all previous version of my files before using. Especially you @Simul82r
Last edited by hawkbs on 27 Mar 2021 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Timster

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.40 Winter Map Update 27/3/21

#3027 Post by Timster » 27 Mar 2021 12:02

Sweet, gonna download and give it a run. Thanks for your work hawkbs!
MirM

#3028 Post by MirM » 27 Mar 2021 12:09

Thank you. :D Time to go on the icy routes. :D
phagedarc

#3029 Post by phagedarc » 27 Mar 2021 13:23

guess that means i should test it. i thought that's why it wasn't working. thanks hawkbs. i really wasn't trying to hurry you. i know you have a lot to do, a life to live. i guess we'll see if it works in vr. well....stereo vision.
Last edited by phagedarc on 28 Mar 2021 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
hawkbs

#3030 Post by hawkbs » 27 Mar 2021 14:06

No worries guys enjoy.
I drove from Fairbanks to Mile 1 last night, then this morning drove from Mile 1 to Arctic Circle as my boss gave me the day off :D
Mile 1 is where this sign is located for those that arent aware.

[ external image ]

If there were going to be any crashes or errors I would have seen them by then. So deemed the map safe to release.
One thing I forgot to mention is that there are some events that will spawn on the Dalton involving Roadwork and you may need to stop due to Red lights.
Had this happen to me downhill on Beaver Slide which really woke me up as I was kinda drifting off there lol.
Cruise control can be bad to engage sometimes. I pulled into Arctic Circle and decided to have a break and a nap.
Should really finish that job to Bettles.

@phagedarc If you have a Youtube or Twitch channel and you drive the map in VR on it, Im sure everyone would appreciate a link so we can all see what the map looks like in VR

Also if you guys are interested heres some streaming Fairbanks Radio Stations. I usually listen to Wild 94.3 when Im driving the map. However if you stream remember you cant play copyrighted music, radio included.
https://streema.com/radios/Fairbanks_AK
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”