[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
sticklebrick

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme Winter 1:1 Scale 1.6.1.7

#1021 Post by sticklebrick » 07 Jun 2017 16:43

Woohoo! Heavy Haul DLC is here @hawkbs I cant wait til you add it into the map its going to be awesome! Many expletives I will spout over Twitch as I spin out on hills.. haha.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme Winter 1:1 Scale 1.6.1.7

#1022 Post by hawkbs » 08 Jun 2017 05:57

@AlvaroTrucker What version is your game? Where did you download the map from? You should only download from the first post on this thread. The map has had updates other sites dont pick up on. Are you running any other mods?
Also and this is the big one.
Where is your?

Code: Select all

Copy and paste your game.log.txt in this format
Without that nobody can help solve your crashing problem
You will find it in your "Documents/American Truck Simulator" folder

@LarryA As @horseman89 pointed out you need to update your map to the latest version as the roadblock was removed. Also redownload the weather as that was also updated.
See here viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&start=950#p731390

@sticklebrick I saw and i got it! Hopefully and at this stage its looking like I might have the full weekend off so I will be able to work on it. If i cant get Fort Knox finished I will release a small temporary cargo patch for those that have it.
Last edited by hawkbs on 09 Jun 2017 07:16, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme Winter 1:1 Scale 1.6.2.1s

#1023 Post by hawkbs » 09 Jun 2017 07:02

HEAVY CARGO DLC UPDATE

I have added the Heavy Cargo DLC to the Winter Map.
Use ONLY if you have the Heavy Cargo DLC.
Its a small patch and the load order is as in the Screenshot
Download link is in the first post of this thread under Winter Version. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559#p599876
Enjoy guys.

Download link temporarily Removed while I fix hill climbing issues

N.B. I have decided to try bring the Summer Version of the map upto date with the latest patch so I am now working on that.
The guys that drive that map only, have waited far too long and with the release of the Heavy Cargo DLC it seems only fair
that they get to use the new DLC on the Dalton as well. (NO ETA)
EDIT: Most of Summer Map is converted just working on a few small issues.

Load Order
[ external image ]

Couple of Screenshots Ingame

Job Screen
[ external image ]

First Load Delivered to Carlile Fairbanks (This was not as easy as it seemed!)
[ external image ]
Last edited by hawkbs on 11 Jun 2017 01:04, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
AndrewReid

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme Winter 1:1 Scale 1.6.2.1s HC

#1024 Post by AndrewReid » 09 Jun 2017 17:34

Dam i Tryed it and spun 13 miles out of firbanks
https://imgur.com/a/0q3gN
tvale80

#1025 Post by tvale80 » 10 Jun 2017 01:01

made it 14 miles out of fairbanks before getting stuck....i think a 625hp engine isnt strong enough for these heavy cargos....
hawkbs

#1026 Post by hawkbs » 10 Jun 2017 02:44

i'll check it out and maybe play around with the physics and see if that helps.

EDIT : Loaded her up and knew exactly the hill it would be. Could not get over it myself. Had to make some small adjustments to the terrain as that was the issue.
The hill will no longer be as steep as it was but is still steep and if you miss a gear you will most likely still spinout. I tested it with a 90k Cargo and got down to a whopping 5mph going over it.
Will need to test a couple more hills i.e Atigun and a few others before I release a fix.
[ external image ]
SHin2044

#1027 Post by SHin2044 » 10 Jun 2017 07:55

Is it the hill maybe 5 mins north of mile 1? - it is a small hill then a short but pretty steep 2nd hill which unless you hit perfectly will spin you out (if you hit it perfectly you can do it doing 1-2)

(It has a little off road to the right hand side that parralels the road for a very short bit in a clearing"
hawkbs

#1028 Post by hawkbs » 10 Jun 2017 09:23

Nope its that one just north of Fox thats the problem.

Doing a run from Fairbanks to 7 Mile atm with a 77,500lb load. Realized the Elliot highway was not truly representative of a road that gets a fair bit of traffic in winter.
Figured that out an hour and a half into my trip when the sun got real bright and I ended up snowblind, difted into the center of the road and had
a massive head on collision with a car that came around a corner, resulting in 52 percent damage. not good timing either as I was coming up on
the old killer hill. Going up hill with a heavy cargo and 52 percent damage I do not recommend at all. I had about a dozen engine failures at least
on the hill and a pile of traffic behind me. Managed to get up the hill though at about 1 mph.
I have now changed the texture to look more like a road thats had a good deal of traffic on it in winter weather.
I have also moved the gate back and widened it at the entrance to the Fox Weigh Station as I got called in and I spent about 15 mins trying to get through it.
[ external image ]
CE14LEE

#1029 Post by CE14LEE » 10 Jun 2017 16:58

Hawkbs your never fail to surprise us.

I've just clicked over 10,000 miles doing the Dalton, Screenshots and Videos ive shown Carlile Drivers they have been impressed, one being Ray Veilleux. I remember Ray liking the one you did for 18WOS too when I showed him.

When you put a sign at Ice Cut now ill be sure to show him.

Thank you for taking your only time off doing this for us all its well appreciated. Make sure you get some time off as well this weekend from the computer.
Current Trucks In ETS2 and ATS
ETS2 R.T Keedwell Group Mercedes Actros MP5 WX69 OXG
ETS2 Ferryman Limited Mercedes Actros MP5 Edition 1 CN21 WXA
ATS Carlile Transportation Kenworth W900 C-2079

My YouTube Channel https://m.youtube.com/@CF21LDB
hawkbs

#1030 Post by hawkbs » 10 Jun 2017 23:24

@CE14LEE hahaha yeah I remember you saying that back then about Ray. I've been trying to spot the Ice Cut sign as I was doing the road to Deadhorse.
Push comes to shove I'll fire up 18WoS to figure out the location.
I also remember when a few of us used to hang in Lisa Kelly's chat room and Bandit showed her some videos of him driving it. Tried to ask her which mile post Beaver Slide was but she couldnt recall.

I wish they had the capability to call in push trucks for Heavy Cargo on these big hills the would actually come in behind you and push you up hills like on the show. It would save me alot of editing lol

Now switched to a 97000lb load and slowly going through each hill. Thank god for dev Fly mode!
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”