[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

#2861 Post by hawkbs » 02 Jul 2020 07:37

One thing I do remember happening a few versions ago was another thing with the editor whenever you clicked on a node to inspect its properties the editor would crash. Reported that one and they fixed it in the next beta patch for that particular open beta. Got a feeling they have done something again this time so yeah think I will wait a couple of patches and see. As I pointed out previously there was a patch while I was bringing 1.37 upto date for 1.38 OB yesterday. I did check the announcements section and there was nothing about the patch at the time.
These kinds of things only usually happen during these big changes, but you do need to try keep on top of things to ease the pain and suffering as well as grey hairs or loss of hair.

EDIT: Got it sorted thanks to @Reinhard. Turns out we currently have to rename the base folder to base_map to do the rebuild and/or save. The rebuild also gives a new file, in addition to the mdb and set files there is now an expa file in the map folder.
So now I just need to fix the skybox in blender then wait for any other changes SCS implement in this beta and compensate where neccesary.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Trucker_71

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

#2862 Post by Trucker_71 » 02 Jul 2020 08:12

@hawkbs I managed to make two versions of the game work for me with your input in the other thread, much appreciated. I had issues with my profile I guess some of the things when I was playing with before weren't compatible with the current version of the map so I just started another profile, no big deal. I found it odd though that I couldn't choose Fairbanks to for my new home, had to all the way up to Deadhorse to plant roots (?)
Anyway, thanks for your input and good luck with the map update. ;)
hawkbs

#2863 Post by hawkbs » 02 Jul 2020 08:28

@Trucker_71 Glad that helped you out there George. Was that in 1.37 or 1.38OB you couldnt choose Fairbanks?
BTW might want to edit your post in that thread to let folks know it worked for you.

Anyway just did a test and looks like things are going well now. Decided to pull into Maccas for a quick Double Quarterpounder and Cheese Meal.

[ external image ]

Two things I have are theres an error message about Police I need to look at. The other is I spawned in midair somewhere so had to do a quick goto fairbanks in the console. This could have been due to my trying to load in previously
before I made all the correct changes (last ingame screenshot with the green and yellow messed up sky) and the game saved when I quit falling down somewhere under the world.
At least I know know that we can still keep our savegames and continue onwards and if people do find themselves floating /falling when 1.38 comes out of Open Beta then a quick console command is all thats needed.
Also need to fix the delivery area at the Brewery in Fox as I just did a run up there for testing and noticed theres an issue there thats not been mentioned before.

Yes I kind of leave messages to myself in these threads so I know what I need to fix lol

EDIT Previous Savegames still work as I just loaded up an older save than mentioned before so folks wont have to start another profile.

Edit 2: Had a look in Blender at the skybox, sadly Im going to have to wait until Conversion Tools is updated to 1.38 which probably wont happen until its out of Open Beta as it wont import correctly using the 1.37 Conversion Tools.
[ external image ]
horseman89

#2864 Post by horseman89 » 02 Jul 2020 10:12

LOL Bettles trail looks pretty bumpy now! From Fairbanks till turn to Bettles I got 2% truck damage(I guess just tire wear), in the Bettles trail in a half way I already have about 20% damage not driving more than 25-35mph.... :D
The biggest stupidities are done with serious faces.
hawkbs

#2865 Post by hawkbs » 02 Jul 2020 11:00

Lol yup thats pretty much how the Bettles trail is. Generally mainly tire wear or shocks id say.
If you want to see what it was really like go back and watch some old IRT episodes where Alex or Hugh (cant recall which) went to Bettles. Extremely bumpy ride for em. Dont think any of the drivers
in the show went above 25 apart from probably Hugh.

On another note I have zero errors showing now and only the skybox to fix by the looks of things, which is just redoing the UV Mapping. Still need to devcam all the way around the map though.
[ external image ]
Trucker_71

#2866 Post by Trucker_71 » 02 Jul 2020 16:08

hawkbs wrote: 02 Jul 2020 08:28 @Trucker_71 Glad that helped you out there George. Was that in 1.37 or 1.38OB you couldnt choose Fairbanks?
It was in my new profile in 1.37. When I first started the mod it went a bit glitchy for a second and then settled down and Fairbanks wasn't available as the home base. I'm going to get into it later and delete the profile and try again. Thanks for everything! ;)
CE14LEE

#2867 Post by CE14LEE » 02 Jul 2020 17:22

It was Jack Jessee that went into Bettles in Series 4.
Current Trucks In ETS2 and ATS
ETS2 R.T Keedwell Group Mercedes Actros MP5 WX69 OXG
ETS2 Ferryman Limited Mercedes Actros MP5 Edition 1 CN21 WXA
ATS Carlile Transportation Kenworth W900 C-2079

My YouTube Channel https://m.youtube.com/@CF21LDB
hawkbs

#2868 Post by hawkbs » 02 Jul 2020 19:10

Ahhh but Alex did a couple of trips as well if i recall.
[ external image ]
Trucker_71

#2869 Post by Trucker_71 » 02 Jul 2020 20:49

With a re-install and a new profile in 1.37, I was still unable to choose Fairbanks as my home garage. Oh well, it's working well though. ;)
horseman89

#2870 Post by horseman89 » 03 Jul 2020 07:51

@hawkbs LOL I figured out how to drive Bettles without damage or with minimal damage! :D There is a trick. But I wont tell you cause you will "fix" it then! :D
p.s. what???? Horse on the road?!! :D
[ external image ]
Last edited by horseman89 on 03 Jul 2020 08:00, edited 2 times in total.
The biggest stupidities are done with serious faces.

Return to “Maps”