[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

#1 Post by hawkbs » 17 Jul 2016 20:20

[ external image ]

The map is a Standalone Map on a 1:1 Scale and is NOT Compatible with any other map i.e C2C or Mexuscan so please do not ask.
I was going to make it an addon but with the rescale it would cause more headaches than its worth.
Experience has been increased to reflect the size of the map compared to the base game. Pay has not.
This map is not for the faint of heart it will take you 20 minutes to get to Fox from Fairbanks and 3 1/2 hours to get to Yukon River Camp.
It takes about 2 hours or so just to get to the Dalton Highway from Fairbanks alone.
There are hills and corners that will make your jaw drop or wake you up.
This map has been mapped with google earth and elevations for every single node added to their correct heights for their respective locations via Google Maps Find Altitude.

For those of you who remember my 18 WOS Haulin version you are in for a real treat. there is no map shaking like the original back in 18WOS. Pavel told me the map was so big the game couldnt handle it lol.

There are two versions one Summer and one Winter.

As this is a W.I.P. and ongoing there maybe a few places that are not yet complete.

Map Includes

Alaska State Troopers, Fairbanks and North Slope Borough Police Cars, Custom Trailer skins for some companies. Carlile T680 and W900 Skins for the SCS player trucks and AI trucks
(Watch your speed on the Elliot and Dalton those Police and State Troopers can sneak up on you or just be around the next corner.)

Custom Signs as seen along the way.

Truckdealers are located in Fairbanks : Kenworth, Peterbilt and Volvo, Deadhorse: Peterbilt, Prudhoe Bay: Kenworth
EDIT: New Truck Dealers added for all current Trucks.

There is no need for any gas/petrol cheats. You can get to Coldfoot without the need to sleep or refuel. This map is in realtime.

PLEASE NOTE

I do not do Tutorials and do not have time to teach people how to use the editor or how to
add things to their defs and other files. There are plenty of Tutorials both on these Forums as well as youtube and promods.
Please Do Not Send me PM's asking me to teach you how to do things as a refusal often offends

How to use: Download (Links and other info below this guide) and unrar the rar file with Winrar and put the scs files in your documents/American Truck Simulator /mods folder.
Start the game and create a new profile.
At the driver creation screen you need to open the Mod Manager (TOP LEFT) and activate the mod
Load order for Summer Map uses the same load order but obviously without the Winter Map and Winter Chains as they do affect the physics.

Winter Load Order Screen

Without Chains
[ external image ]

If you need the chains they go at the top of the load order. They have their own Physics.

Summer Load Order Screen
[ external image ]

Return to the driver screen you just created.
Choose Dalton.mdb as the map in the dropdown box for map selection and enjoy.
Please Skip the Tutorial as this has been causing issues with jobs for some people.
Any issues with this persisting see here viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&start=1270#p794457

[ external image ]

Previous Savegames from the normal game map and/or other maps will not work with this map.
This map is NOT compatible with any other maps it is Standalone.

If you find that your T680 is missing its steering wheel see here. This is a workshop mod issue
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&p=874927#p874924

HEAVY CARGO DLC Users Please note.

Hills have been adjusted both Northbound and Southbound due to the Heavy Cargo DLC Pack and these have been calibrated for a load
of 48 Short Tonnes, 42.8 Long Tonnes, 43544.9 kg, 96000 lbs
If you have a load higher than that there are now Push Trucks at certain hills but not all hills. If you have a larger load and there is no Push truck available at a hill please use the Dev Cam instead to get to the top.
The hills were all tested with an SCS W900 with a Heavy Haul Chassis, 18 Speed Eaton Fuller and Cat C-15 King of the Hill Engine.
Custom Trucks from Steam Workshop etc for Heavy Haul may be better I have nor tested any of them.
Heavy Cargos will make your trip alot longer than normal due to speed climbing hills! Be aware of this as you might find yourself at walking speed sometimes on some hills.
To help with this on the Winter Map please activate the Winter Chains Mod as it has its own physics file to improve traction. (DO NOT use Winter Chains on the Summer Map you will lose traction)
N.B. If you are approaching a hill and theres a Push Truck feature and you choose to try climb it, please perform a quicksave beforehand incase
you do not make it up. That way you can reload the quicksave and use the Pushtruck.

N.B about Steam Workshop Mods.

This map has not been tested with any other mods. Please disable all your other mods and Steam Workshop Mods if you have problems. Although Steam Workshop Mods may be disabled in Mod Manager these can still load and cause crashes. I found it best to unsubscribe from them or they auto download and mount again. Then I deleted the folders that contained them. They can be found in your Steam folder/steamapps/workshop/content folder
Also please see this post from @Reef about this issue and a shortcut to disable them for this map viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&p=794002#p794000

If problems persists please post your game log using the code function for this board see here viewtopic.php?f=194&t=213559&start=1250#p793998

Please Do Not Download My Maps from anywhere else but the SCS Forums as I only update and post them here.
Any downloads of my map other than from my Google Drive linked here are Pirated and not supported at all.
All updates and releases will be posted in this thread only. Any links to this map outside this forum are not by me and therefore not supported at all.

Paypal Donations : If you wish to show your appreciation and would like to help and encourage me even further with this map, please feel free to donate
by clicking this link. Thank you in advance.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... aNonHosted

Driver Profiles are Cross Compatible between the Winter and Summer Maps See video here to find out how - viewtopic.php?p=1727720#p1727720

Winter Map for ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 - All Map DLC's Required (Apart from Oklahoma), Convoy Compatible
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zzEkC3 ... sp=sharing
Not to be reposted or linked on any other site.

Update Notes are here : viewtopic.php?p=1880032#p1880032

PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to use the Chains, they go at the TOP of the load order as they have their own
Physics file. Only use them if you need to. You can load and unload them by clicking the profile manager at the ingame main screen and go into Mod manager from there.

Summer Map ATS 1.49.1.4 - All Map DLC's Required (apart from Oklahoma), Convoy Compatible

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JtT7e8 ... sp=sharing

IMPORTANT Update notes are here viewtopic.php?p=1881056#p1881056
Not to be reposted or linked on any other site.

ATS OPEN BETA'S
I will NOT release any UPDATES/PATCHES for or during a BETA Phase, you will have to wait until Beta is over and the Official Patch is released and I have updated the Map for it.
This is due to the amount of changes that can happen in a Beta phase which can be several times or daily, it is pointless to do release fixes for any Beta.
Therefore if you wish to continue playing the Dalton Map DO NOT OPT into BETA. If you do I will not support it and you will have to back patch or opt out of beta to fix it

Screenshot showing the map
[ external image ]

Summer Map Screenshots

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ]

Winter Map Screenshots

[ external image ]

Atigun Pass pre-release teaser video

Thank you to

Piva for his fantastic weather mods and skyboxes

Nico at Promods for the permission to use McDonalds

FLD for his prefabs and Models

SCS for this wonderful game
Last edited by hawkbs on 28 Nov 2023 04:52, edited 399 times in total.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Reef

Re: Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme ATS Version 1.0 [REL] [WIP

#2 Post by Reef » 17 Jul 2016 20:32

Welcome to 2016 hawkbs and the Elliot and Dalton Highway :D
hawkbs

#3 Post by hawkbs » 17 Jul 2016 20:38

Thanks Reef enjoy it, I know a few people have been waiting for this for a while now but I was lazy.
[ external image ]
Bandit188

#4 Post by Bandit188 » 17 Jul 2016 20:39

I was one of them.
Last edited by Reef on 17 Jul 2016 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote, please read the forum rules
LeafeonGold

#5 Post by LeafeonGold » 17 Jul 2016 20:54

Awesome, time to relive memories from the Haulin' version.

Also, your images on imgur aren't set to public, btw. ;)
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
hawkbs

#6 Post by hawkbs » 17 Jul 2016 21:01

Just checked on Imgur and it says they are but gave me a different link so adjusted it on here.
[ external image ]
Blackspots

#7 Post by Blackspots » 17 Jul 2016 21:46

Will this eventually have all of Alaska, or just the tiny area shown on the first thumbnail?
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Reef

#8 Post by Reef » 17 Jul 2016 21:56

Btw hawkbs, it slipped my notice initially until someone reported it, but green text is reserved for moderators use only here so I've replaced all the green with yellow ;)
hawkbs

#9 Post by hawkbs » 17 Jul 2016 22:07

ShirBlackspots wrote:Will this eventually have all of Alaska, or just the tiny area shown on the first thumbnail?
Fairbanks to Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay basically the entire Dalton highway 1:1 Scale. Which will probably take 10-12 real hours to drive.
See this image http://imgur.com/10WUqIy Currently the map is not even 1/3 of the way there but it will still take you 3 and 3/4 real hours from Fairbanks to Seven Mile.
Then you have the trip back to do.
Believe me it is not that tiny.

I might add in Bettles Im not sure yet as normally its a winter road to get there but I am definitely not adding in Nuiqsut as that needs an ice crossing

Places to do still are Pump Station 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1, Prospect Creek airport, Coldfoot, Wiseman, Rollercoaster, Chandalar Shelf, Atigun Pass, Ice Cut, Galbraith Lake Deadhorse and Prudhoe Bay.

Im not insane enough to do the entirety of Alaska on a 1:1 scale sorry

Reef wrote:Btw hawkbs, it slipped my notice initially until someone reported it, but green text is reserved for moderators use only here so I've replaced all the green with yellow ;)
No worries Reef. Didnt realize. I even read the rules but Ive been up all night and its 8am here so gonna grab some sleep lol
Last edited by hawkbs on 17 Jul 2016 22:14, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
BEARlyThereCDN

#10 Post by BEARlyThereCDN » 17 Jul 2016 22:21

I have never driven a 1:1 map. This should be a blast! Thanks for your work Reef. :)
Some bears do it on the highway!

Return to “Maps”