[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Bandit188

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale 1.28.1.1s Summer and Winter

#1441 Post by Bandit188 » 11 Nov 2017 23:17

@hawkbs So how far can you change stuff in the random events? and how is everything else going to make the map work for 1.29?
hawkbs

#1442 Post by hawkbs » 12 Nov 2017 00:27

The map works fine atm so far as I can tell. Doing a trip up the dalton and editing anything I see wrong as I go.
The scenes are a real p.i.t.a to get working right. Some dont want to work as it says it cant find certain vehicles (i.e the Cessna) that I have not changed at all, then some scenes are too far out in the road and I have a cop with his arm through the windscreen as well.

Edit:

Things are looking better :)

[ external image ]

Now I gotta see if I can change the cop so his arm doesnt go through the windscreen

Edit: Ok gonna have to leave him with his arm through the window for now.

Been driving from Fairbanks up towards Pump 7 and yet to see any speeders pulled over, crashes or anything like that. Seen plenty of marks on the road and tyres on the side of the road.
I think it may have to do with the angles of the roads as well not sure yet but it may take some time to work out and get working properly.
Not gonna commit to a release time for this patch update as yet until the Scenes are working correctly.
I wont include anything from New Mexico as yet until I get the chance to continue work on Deadhorse and Fort Knox Gold Mine.
So dont panic about that yet guys.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Bandit188

#1443 Post by Bandit188 » 12 Nov 2017 09:52

Thanks for the update hawkbs and a quick way to test all random events is put the slider all across.
hawkbs

#1444 Post by hawkbs » 12 Nov 2017 11:30

It already is all the way over ;)
[ external image ]
Bandit188

#1445 Post by Bandit188 » 12 Nov 2017 17:35

Hope you can get it fixed. random events should happen any where.
hawkbs

#1446 Post by hawkbs » 13 Nov 2017 06:22

Although they should they have conditions with them such as the width of the shoulders for one. Ive adjusted those so we shall have to see. theres also the fact of the scale of the map too compared to the base game.
So could be a while to see them. There is a minimum distance between them as well so might play with that too. The type of road lane i.e. some are set for certain roads such as specific highways, whether its an urban Area or not etc.
Those are just the ones Im aware of.
[ external image ]
Bandit188

#1447 Post by Bandit188 » 13 Nov 2017 07:59

so it basically could mess up the roads to no longer match the real life like dalton highway map? @hawkbs road events are intended to work only on 2+ lane roads . i also contacted a scs software dev guy who's going pass this topic to the random event maker to see if he can help.
hawkbs

#1448 Post by hawkbs » 15 Nov 2017 05:58

That would be the part of the rules that says

Code: Select all

allowed_lane_types[]: freeway
which I have already changed to

Code: Select all

allowed_lane_types[]: freeway
	allowed_lane_types[]: elliot
	allowed_lane_types[]: dalton
	allowed_lane_types[]: johansen
	allowed_lane_types[]: motorway
	allowed_lane_types[]: expressway
	allowed_lane_types[]: expressway55
Which includes mine now as well as the ones for the city areas which have also been adjusted for their lane/road types etc

EDIT:

Just Dev Cam running the highway in a saved game and spotted this :D

[ external image ]

followed shortly thereafter by another Fire truck cutting down another tree and then this further along.

[ external image ]

Only issue there is that Im on the Elliot Highway so that Police Vehicle is wrong as thats the Police Vehicle for the North Slope Borough which
starts just before the Push Truck area before Chandalar Shelf and goes all the way upto Deadhorse then all the way over to Nuiqsut irl.
So gonna have to adjust that and maybe make seperate scenes for each borough. Otherwise I could end up with Fairbanks Police spawning up
by Deadhorse.
At least now I know it is working somewhat. I need to keep checking the road and see what else is and isnt spawning now.
Also I noticed that my game had a new download today and I couldnt see any patch notes or even an update queued notice on steam so Im going to have to
extract and compare all the files again from the basegame.

Coming out of Fairbanks going up the hill to Farmers Loop on the way to Fox.

[ external image ]

Still havent spotted a crash yet so some more investigating needed there and I need to edit the map a little and move some barriers out a little bit.
Saw a bus on the Dalton that had broken down but was alos impailed on a barrier going around a corner and also at Fox there by the weighstation.
There is also a little issue with magical floating cows in some parts so going to have to set them back to certain areas only.
[ external image ]
Bandit188

#1449 Post by Bandit188 » 15 Nov 2017 07:49

omg hawkb my hype level has gone thourgh the roof with the sneak peaks of the random events.

@hawkbs have you seen this random event before? It's perfect for the dalton highway.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Wilhelm_A

#1450 Post by Wilhelm_A » 15 Nov 2017 15:31

There's kodiak and juneau cities?

Return to “Maps”