[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

dfumagalli

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale 1.28.1.1s Summer and Winter

#1271 Post by dfumagalli » 28 Aug 2017 13:01

hawkbs wrote:
28 Aug 2017 10:46
@dfumagalli Wow you got alot of Mods. I cant tell if all of them were unloaded.

Anyway try this patch I just made. Delete the summer defs and Map files you currently have and replace with these. I have removed all reference to those ferries even though they werent called by anything and removed the unused companies at Fort Knox Gold mine (W.I.P) so that will eliminate anything at all my end.

Map and Defs Patch https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ADum ... sp=sharing

If you still get the problem i would suggest taking all those mods apart from my Summer map out of the mods folder. move them to a new folder on your desktop or something. If you have any Workshop Subscriptions do what Reef said in the post on the previous page.

Then let us know what happens.

If it works properly then you can start adding your other mods back in until you find the culprit. Got a feeling it might be one of those other map mods that might still be getting picked up or something like that that is interfering with the prefabs.

I will be back on in about 15 or 16 hours as its late for me and I need to be up in 6 hours for work.
First of all, a sincere THANK YOU for all the time and effort you are putting both in your map and at helping us!

Now, about the fixes, I have done the following:

1) Added

Code: Select all

-noworkshop
to steam launch options. I have customized ETS2 startup options too, so the process is clear to me.

2) Deleted every file in the mods folder except yours.

3) I have removed the 2 changed files from mods list. Then closed the game, unpacked the two patched files, restarted the game and added them again in the mod manager.

4) Started the simulation. Sadly the green goal box is still not there.

I wonder if I recreate the profile, I might be given a chance to get another company for delivery and thus fix the issue by itself.

FearWheels

#1272 Post by FearWheels » 28 Aug 2017 13:57

Thank you hawkbs.

Bandit188

#1273 Post by Bandit188 » 28 Aug 2017 16:10

They need the whole log to see the whole picture.
Signature was in violation of the forum rules, section 3, and has been replaced with this message.

AndrewReid

#1274 Post by AndrewReid » 28 Aug 2017 17:05

The only issue now is the AI TRUCKS ARE ON DRUGS THEY ARE SPINNING AROUND ON DALOTON HIGHWAY AND BLOCKING THE WHOLE ROAD
IM IN DEV CAM I PARKED UP IN PARKING AREA
https://www.flickr.com/photos/151397340 ... ed-public/
https://imgur.com/a/0q3gN

R0adrunner

#1275 Post by R0adrunner » 28 Aug 2017 18:01

Reef wrote:
28 Aug 2017 07:05
Alternatively (and imo preferentially) they can even create a standalone shortcut with a separate dedicated American Truck Simulator folder (a duplicate of the one in Documents but with just Dalton stuff) like I have done, there is a tutorial how to achieve that here (which you are more than welcome to link in your first post) -homedir tutorial > viewtopic.php?f=172&t=211477

Just thought it might be useful to start getting people to treat Dalton as a completely separate game entity, seeing as it's a standalone map.
Now this is a golden tip :idea: I've used the -homedir parameter for a long time now, but never thought of actually duplicating the folder in order to create a separate independent instance of the game. Thanks!
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page

Bandit188

#1276 Post by Bandit188 » 28 Aug 2017 20:06

Glad most of you got it fixed. Now if you like to join the ice road truckers VTC feel free to join it http://trucksbook.eu/company/6488
Signature was in violation of the forum rules, section 3, and has been replaced with this message.

dfumagalli

#1277 Post by dfumagalli » 28 Aug 2017 21:42

hawkbs wrote:
28 Aug 2017 10:46
@dfumagalli Wow you got alot of Mods. I cant tell if all of them were unloaded.

[snip]

Then let us know what happens.

If it works properly then you can start adding your other mods back in until you find the culprit. Got a feeling it might be one of those other map mods that might still be getting picked up or something like that that is interfering with the prefabs.

I will be back on in about 15 or 16 hours as its late for me and I need to be up in 6 hours for work.
I have found a workaround.
As I have stated above, disabling steam mods and removing mods from the ATS directory did not fix my problem.

Since the issue seems related to some company delivery combo encountered in the tutorial "mission", I have recreated the profile a couple of times, until the tutorial mission sent me to a company that assigns you a parking area instead of letting you choose. This time I could complete the tutorial mission.
I have now done several new assignments and so far it's all working, to the point I put my "mods" back in the folder and even enabled the sound mod in the profile. Everything keeps working.

One thing you did not say - and in my opinion you should - is this:

there is a reason why your mod is "picky".

As I am playing it, I have found out you have remade everything to be as realistic as possible, including cars and some trucks! That's why it can get conflicts.

I loved my "Natural Alaska Company Truck" paint job, including the Alaska company name on the truck doors!

https://image.ibb.co/gnH6Bk/ats_00009.jpg

Now that I can play it... the map is gorgeous, with massive - almost supernatural - care for details.

I have noticed the little signs at the sides of some roads. I have seen the proper, "true America" weight check station sign (the one stating "OPEN"), every river with its own sign and so on and on.

Truly an epic job!
Last edited by Reef on 28 Aug 2017 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [img] tags removed as image sizes breach the forum rules and guidelines (no larger than 960x960)

Bandit188

#1278 Post by Bandit188 » 28 Aug 2017 21:49

Even better when world of trucks becomes MP and we can have a little dalton highway with players from diffrent alaska companys. That would truely make hawkbs map outter this world so much fun to drive veen better then now.

dfumagalli

#1279 Post by dfumagalli » 28 Aug 2017 21:57

And now, if you don't mind, two little glitches I'd like to report.

The first is a "One way" sign that seems floating mid-air (no pole or very short pole that does not go to the ground). It can be found leaving Fairbanks, to the right, at the beginning of one of the lateral roads outside of the town.

Another glitch is harder to point out so I have included where - more or less - it appears on the map:

https://image.ibb.co/cHP6cQ/ats_00010.jpg

And here is how it looks like:

https://image.ibb.co/dWMf45/ats_00011.jpg
Last edited by Reef on 28 Aug 2017 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remember to follow the forum rules, no embedded images larger than 960x960, thanks.

hawkbs

#1280 Post by hawkbs » 29 Aug 2017 02:52

@dfumagalli Glad you finally got it going. Dont know what that thing is with the tutorial as Ive never done the tutorial either in ATS or ETS2.
Thanks for the bug reports I must have missed those when I was checking textures. Those things are so hard to see in the Winter version so I missed them.
Will fix those later in the next patch.
Perhaps @rabbit issue is the same as yours and he can solve his problem by doing what you did with the tutorial or just skip the tutorial

@bandit188 Was watching your video last night, I see you have switched to manual. Heres a tip for you cause i noticed you didnt realize what was happening when you started climbing the hill outside Fox.
keep an eye on your Revs! When they get down to about 1500 downshift to a lower gear. 2 gears if its really steep. I use Low Gears. Dont let them get down to 1000 like I saw happening there. You should be trying to keep your revs at between 1700 and 2000 for those hills so just keep watch on them otherwise you are going to spinout bigtime!
Last edited by hawkbs on 29 Aug 2017 03:05, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Maps”