[DISC] US Expansion V2.6.2

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
yukonjack_ak

Re: [REL] US Expansion V2.6.2

#1221 Post by yukonjack_ak » 26 Jul 2020 22:47

Honestly @Vinnie Terranova , I don't use C2C so I've never even looked at it. Can't imagine it's that much different since my understanding is that C2C doesn't change anything in the base game map/DLC (I could be completely wrong though!) but I have no idea.
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Western Star 4900FA Patch
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
- Sweet Bran skin for SCS Grain Hopper
Blackspots

#1222 Post by Blackspots » 27 Jul 2020 03:29

@Vinnie Terranova You never needed to use a C2C version of this map, because it loads below C2C, and everything is connected correctly.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Vinnie Terranova

#1223 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 27 Jul 2020 06:15

Blackspots wrote: 27 Jul 2020 03:29You never needed to use a C2C version of this map, because it loads below C2C, and everything is connected correctly.
Where did you read that? Because in the first post it said: "Place the US Expansion mod above every map mod that you have!"

I think I might give it a try, and report back if I find any problems.

[edit]
So far, so good. I found no errors with the adjusted US Expansion (C2C compatible) v2.6.2.SN, except for a minor bug: invisible object on emergency lane on ramp of exit 17 (I-10 eastbound). I believe this bug has to do with US Expansion only, and not with loading order and/or compability of other map mods.
I also did not find any problems with US-95 north of Yuma.
I've tested the adjusted mod by driving in/around all of the cities and some of the road connections, including sleeping and fuelling. However, I did not test it by taking a load to/from one of those cities, including oversized loads.

Loading order: I've given US_Expansion_V2.6.2_C2C_Compatible_Version.SN the highest priority regarding map mods: above all other map mods, map fixes, mega resources, etc. But below the satelite background mod, ofcourse.

Big thanks to @yukonjack_ak for his excellent instructions! And ofcourse big thanks to @P16 for his excellent map mod!
Vinnie Terranova

#1224 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 27 Jul 2020 20:25

yukonjack_ak wrote: 26 Jul 2020 20:31The only conflict I've found so far is with "US 95 remade" by PazzMod; it rebuilds US95 into Quartzsite and will break US95 north of Yuma if you use it.
Is the "US 95 remade" a seperate mod by PaZzMod, or is it included in his PaZzMod 1.2.02 mod (Salton Sea Area, Yuma, Mexicali)?
PaZz_

#1225 Post by PaZz_ » 27 Jul 2020 20:27

It's not included in PaZzMod 1.2.02. It will in 1.3.00.
yukonjack_ak

#1226 Post by yukonjack_ak » 27 Jul 2020 20:43

@Vinnie Terranova Based on what Pazz said, if he does add US95 to 1.3.00, then there will need to be some changes to my instructions since his mod doesn't line up with P16's work.

Off the top of my head, I can guess that would mean we'll probably have to lose Sectors 21+4, 21+5, 22+4 and 22+5 which means we'll lose Quartzite, Parker and Vidal Junction (unless Pazz makes his version of US95 work with P16's version).
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
flight50

#1227 Post by flight50 » 27 Jul 2020 22:13

Honestly, I wouldn't make anything compatible with P16s mods if he is not going to be modding again. I like US Expansion but since SN, I deactivated it. I loved his 3d logo mod. It was a must have for me but since it got pulled from Steam I came to term without it. I have now found a new love for SCS named companies.
Vinnie Terranova

#1228 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 27 Jul 2020 22:17

So that means there is a chance we might have to choose between three towns or one US highway...
What's exactly is the problem with breaking of US-95? Did you fall thru the road? Are some road segments not connected in the route advisor, but is the road itself still drivable? Invisible wall on the road? Disaligment of road segments?
flight50 wrote: 27 Jul 2020 22:13Honestly, I wouldn't make anything compatible with P16s mods if he is not going to be modding again.
It depends. If it would be a simple modification, then why not?
flight50

#1229 Post by flight50 » 27 Jul 2020 23:01

5 years from now, you'd still have to keep doing it. I'd rather use mods that get attention from their original authors or someone else picks it up. Main reason why I still don't use maps on my main profile. I use a third profile with heavy mods. Until ProMods releases, I don't use it as frequently.
yukonjack_ak

#1230 Post by yukonjack_ak » 27 Jul 2020 23:28

Completely agree @flight50 but until someone else comes along and makes Ft Sumner and the Santa Rosa bypass, Vaughn and the rest, I will continue trying to do what I can to make USX work. I lived in W. TX for years and spent alot of time in eastern NM so I need those roads and towns; NM is barren enough and without those friendly landmarks, it feels really empty. Honestly, that's the entire reason I started messing around with this.

And from what I can tell, P16's version of US95 seems to be more in-line with SCS's version whereas Pazz' version (while probably more accurate) swings out southward and eastward more. Maybe @PaZz_ can modify that adjoining sector of US95 to match or atleast be Quartzsite "friendly" if not full on "compatible" before he bakes it into PazzMod 1.3.00...

@Vinnie Terranova If you load USX-SN above Pazz' US95, it breaks US95 about half-way between Quartzsite and Yuma on the UI Map. I never even tried driving it cause that's usually a one-way trip to the eternal void.

[ external image ]

Now if you load US95 after USX-SN, you just lose Quartzsite... No idea if that turns Parker into a portal to the void or not though. I'll have to check that out later and see how bad it is...

[ external image ]
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix

Return to “Maps”