Proper load order for Maps

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
LAFAYET47

Re: Proper load order for Maps

#21 Post by LAFAYET47 » 16 Jan 2018 22:04

Thank you, but I prefer using it as separate mod since I have any experience messing around with mods, I prefer not to touch anything important just in case.

How can I use these backgrounds as a separate mod? (just copy and paste that map back ground folder in mod folder?) and most important, where should I place it in load order?
Blackspots

#22 Post by Blackspots » 16 Jan 2018 23:23

Just activate that background as you do any other mod, at the top. But follow my load order for the maps.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
LAFAYET47

#23 Post by LAFAYET47 » 22 Jan 2018 17:17

ShirBlackspots wrote: 16 Jan 2018 23:23 Just activate that background as you do any other mod, at the top. But follow my load order for the maps.
@ShirBlackspots sorry to disturb you again, but I'm now trying the map background fix you provided another day. I have tried to copy and paste that folder on mod folder but it doesn't make any effect. What I should do?
Blackspots

#24 Post by Blackspots » 22 Jan 2018 21:26

Did you activate it in the mod manager?
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
LAFAYET47

#25 Post by LAFAYET47 » 22 Jan 2018 21:52

yes I activate it. I finally made it work, but now new issues arise...for example San Diego is now inside Mexico and some coastal mexican cities from Baja California Sur are in the middle of the ocean...

what should be the load order? yes, I know yours, but where should I put map background? if put on the very top above all maps it happens what I say.
Blackspots

#26 Post by Blackspots » 23 Jan 2018 00:10

It should be at the top. However, what you are experiencing is normal.
NTMID8_Z28

#27 Post by NTMID8_Z28 » 23 Jan 2018 03:50

Man... no matter what I do I can't get Mexico Extreme or Viva Mexico to work. As soon as I activate them and try to run the game I get a crash to Windows. I use all the other maps you have in your load order and all is well until I try to load Mexico. It's been driving me crazy!
LAFAYET47

#28 Post by LAFAYET47 » 23 Jan 2018 08:21

ShirBlackspots wrote: 23 Jan 2018 00:10 It should be at the top. However, what you are experiencing is normal.
So if thats the "normal" thing, I think I will put back vivamexico above canadadream, just like vivamexico thrread states and delete that background. I know thats not the proper order but i tried some time ago and was working fine for me, no crashes. I don't like look at the world map and see that cities are wrongly placed (or displaced) makes things uglier.
NTMID8_Z28

#29 Post by NTMID8_Z28 » 30 Jan 2018 02:51

NTMID8_Z28 wrote: 23 Jan 2018 03:50 Man... no matter what I do I can't get Mexico Extreme or Viva Mexico to work. As soon as I activate them and try to run the game I get a crash to Windows. I use all the other maps you have in your load order and all is well until I try to load Mexico. It's been driving me crazy!
Figured this out... I must have had a corrupt version of the Models01 file. I downloaded it again and copied over and my error went away.
NTMID8_Z28

#30 Post by NTMID8_Z28 » 01 Feb 2018 01:35

@ShirBlackspots... now that I have Viva Mexico loading and not crashing the game at launch, I see that none of the roads in Mexico actually connect to the rods in the US even though I am using your load order. Any ideas? I tried searching through the C2C and Viva Mexico threads but didn't get any hits on my search terms. I appreciate any suggestions you or anyone else may have in advance.

Return to “Modding Guides”