[WIP] Los Angeles and San Diego map

brainiac

[WIP] Los Angeles and San Diego map

#1 Post by brainiac » 16 Aug 2018 00:06

Hi!
As you know, I am an experienced road-network and sign (re)builder.
I want to make San Diego map in a 2:5 scale, and I am planning to do Los Angeles later. Maybe this thread best describes my wish: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13141
Although the project is at the beginning, I think that it is serious. Why? I am fanatic of roads. I like beautiful roads through canyons with tunnels. My country, Serbia, has many such roads. If we look at highways, I like mountainous highways with many tunnels and bridges, like highway Livorno - Nice, or Thessaloniki - Igoumenitsa.
The next type of highways which I like is wide highways (at least 4+4) with complex interchanges. I enjoy looking at the street view or Google Earth. Naturally, I want to drive across them. Los Angeles is maybe the best choice. I started with San Diego because it isn't too far, I-5 has at least 4+4 lanes all way between cities (also I-15), the city is much smaller, and it has enough wide highways and complex interchanges.
I said that the project is serious. As the number of lanes is essential for the full experience, I must make many prefabs and streets.
I know that I want too much. Considering all written above, my focus is on the road network, and I would like to do a good landscape. Then details, including precise signage, must be omitted, but maybe not if I will get help.
So, the goal of this map isn't high quality, but very realistic road network, which lacks in both ATS and ETS.

HELP WANTED:
MAPPERS
PEOPLE WHO WILL ADD DETAILS: unnecessary signs, buildings, fences...
SUGGESTIONS:
I need suggestions for companies in south-western San Diego (between Mexico, I-5, I-8, CA 15, and I-805. For all suggestions, please tell which in-game company I can place and exact places. I need too much time to make crossroads, so I want to waste minimal time on placing companies. I also need suggestions for truck dealers, services, agencies, and gas stations.

News about prefab progress is here: viewtopic.php?f=195&t=281606.
Map progress:
Los Angeles:
Final map of planned drivable roads in San Diego:

This is still only a road map with terrain (and of course, all gameplay objects) — no details, including navigation signs.
Last edited by brainiac on 03 Sep 2020 14:41, edited 16 times in total.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=258124
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

greatone19921

Re: [WIP] San Diego and Los Angeles map

#2 Post by greatone19921 » 20 Sep 2018 22:16

I would love too but idk how to mod an I'm constantly traveling but what I can do is support you and do you have the link to the 1 with all the highways & freeways done for 1.32 to try out?

greatone19921

#3 Post by greatone19921 » 22 Sep 2018 17:58

My name is Lance Benson an I live in easley South Carolina

brainiac

#4 Post by brainiac » 23 Sep 2018 14:15

Why you answer on private message here?
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

brainiac

#5 Post by brainiac » 28 Oct 2018 00:12

I need suggestions for companies in south-western San Diego (between Mexico, I-5, I-8, CA 15 and I-805. It is ideal to have at least one company in each city block between bigger streets (if block is long, than more than 1 company). For all suggestions please tell which in-game company I can place and exact places. I need too much time to make crossroad so I want to waste minimal time for placing companies. I also need suggestions for truck dealers, services, agrencies and gas stations.
Last edited by brainiac on 29 Oct 2018 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

J. Ritter

#6 Post by J. Ritter » 28 Oct 2018 04:58

i like the concept. I'll try to do some studying for some industry ideas.
(The Artist Formerly Known as Ranaldo20)
Other Tales- NEW! July 5th -TJ Doing What He Does

brainiac

#7 Post by brainiac » 28 Oct 2018 23:09

I am looking forward.
I also need suggestions for truck dealers, services, agrencies and gas stations.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

J. Ritter

#8 Post by J. Ritter » 29 Oct 2018 14:45

I think one thing that should be included are the ports of Los Angeles / Long Beach. These 2 ports are some of if not THE busiest ports in the US.

GT182

#9 Post by GT182 » 29 Oct 2018 15:25

One suggestion. Get real photos of the areas you want to do as there are real mountains around Los Angeles. Coming off Cajon Pass on 1-15 can be a real scary ride in a truck going south if you don't have a Jake brake.... there's a scale house half way down all trucks must stop for. Stop with smoking brakes and you get a ticket. Heading into the city is kind of flat but to the North you can still see the mountains. From Barstow west I see RT 58 to Bakersfield has changed in the high desert. There's a bypass around Mojave. And there are still mountains to be seen. but you still drive by Edwards Air Force Base and go over the Tehachapi Mountains with a big long drop down to Bakersfield. The railroad also cuts the same mountains along side RT 58. And those trains are sometimes 4 miles long with lead, middle, and rear engines. I used to see them many times, and was amazed every time I saw them. This would make ATS a lot more real that what SCS has done.
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

J. Ritter

#10 Post by J. Ritter » 29 Oct 2018 16:38

@GT182: The trains there also traverse the world-famous Tehachapi Loop. I would love to go see it one day, being the huge railfan that I am.

Return to “Maps”