#201 Post by brainiac » 14 Jul 2020 13:02

@Pizzaboy04
I sent you private message.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=258124
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Blackspots

Re: [WIP] San Diego and Los Angeles map

#202 Post by Blackspots » 15 Jul 2020 22:17

Too many lanes. But for this, its fine.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

brainiac

#203 Post by brainiac » 15 Jul 2020 23:21

There is no such thing as too many lanes in Los Angeles. Only can be too few, even if there are 15 of them.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Blackspots

#204 Post by Blackspots » 15 Jul 2020 23:25

Just a note: Your console errors indicate that something of yours isn't updated for DX11
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

brainiac

#205 Post by brainiac » 16 Jul 2020 07:02

No, there is missing UV mapping on the new long freeway prefabs.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Jxcob

#206 Post by Jxcob » 16 Jul 2020 21:09

Hello! I have been following this project since the beginning and i'm so glad you finally reached the L.A area. I have a question. Will you be doing the kinda far suburbs of L.A? Thousand Oaks, Riverside, Moreno Valley, San Bernardino, Santa Clarita...?
Interstate Enthusiast

brainiac

#207 Post by brainiac » 16 Jul 2020 21:38

Thank you! I like your profile picture. Btw, I would appreciate it if you could help.
Except for Orange county whose suburbs will be included because they are on the way to San Diego, I can't promise everything. Everything is dependent on the future team. But here are rough plans: I want to make Inland empire, at least northern more urban part (Riverside and San Bernardino cities); they are flat and easy to make and I believe that I will find a way to get to them (in case that I won't get enough help in landscaping), most likely via I-210. Similar for Moreno Valley. Speaking of alone plans, I believe that I could do the San Fernando Valley. I should be able to follow I-5 from Downtown, but not I-405 and US 101 without help.
I don't count on any further cities in Greater LA. The landscape between the planned area (written above) and all of them is too hilly for me. But if I get enough help, there isn't a limit to this project. However, I don't want to speak about what is possible in that case because it doesn't depend on me and I don't want to hype people because guaranteeing that I can do that.
Personally, after Inland Empire, I want to do Dallas CSA. The complexity of its freeway system is in par with LA. Interchanges are more complicated but there are fewer lanes on average (heh, 50% less population).

To be honest, there are many large scale projects and many of them are already dead, but inexperienced mappers still do that instead of uniting to 1 or 2 projects will have future. Then we could do everything in Southern California and Texas, but when they understand that they want too much and can't do everything, it is too late, they are burned. Also, they can't help because they can't offer anything special or unique (unlike my project) to attract help, just another area. It is already hard for me. I will tag them and hope that they will rethink it.
@Brendan0620 @trommelmann @KeganMinecraft @stradastatale16 @ikeSeki @Slick1082
P. S. That is much more visible in ETS2 because of longer history of the game.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

trommelmann

#208 Post by trommelmann » 17 Jul 2020 03:52

Is this an invitation to work in your project @brainiac? I don't think it's the most polite way of do it.
-tEPIC 1:1 map mod

brainiac

#209 Post by brainiac » 17 Jul 2020 12:46

That is not neccessary invitation to my project, but to any project with good chances to survive. For several year I am watching how big scale mapping projects die one by one. I with for all of you to not waste your time but to do something which will be released. The best idea is that all of us who make big scale maps unite and make 1 or 2 maps which will be released but instead of that all of us do different projects and all of them become dead at the end.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

stradastatale16

#210 Post by stradastatale16 » 17 Jul 2020 22:14

brainiac wrote:
16 Jul 2020 21:38
Thank you! I like your profile picture. Btw, I would appreciate it if you could help.
Except for Orange county whose suburbs will be included because they are on the way to San Diego, I can't promise everything. Everything is dependent on the future team. But here are rough plans: I want to make Inland empire, at least northern more urban part (Riverside and San Bernardino cities); they are flat and easy to make and I believe that I will find a way to get to them (in case that I won't get enough help in landscaping), most likely via I-210. Similar for Moreno Valley. Speaking of alone plans, I believe that I could do the San Fernando Valley. I should be able to follow I-5 from Downtown, but not I-405 and US 101 without help.
I don't count on any further cities in Greater LA. The landscape between the planned area (written above) and all of them is too hilly for me. But if I get enough help, there isn't a limit to this project. However, I don't want to speak about what is possible in that case because it doesn't depend on me and I don't want to hype people because guaranteeing that I can do that.
Personally, after Inland Empire, I want to do Dallas CSA. The complexity of its freeway system is in par with LA. Interchanges are more complicated but there are fewer lanes on average (heh, 50% less population).

To be honest, there are many large scale projects and many of them are already dead, but inexperienced mappers still do that instead of uniting to 1 or 2 projects will have future. Then we could do everything in Southern California and Texas, but when they understand that they want too much and can't do everything, it is too late, they are burned. Also, they can't help because they can't offer anything special or unique (unlike my project) to attract help, just another area. It is already hard for me. I will tag them and hope that they will rethink it.
@Brendan0620 @trommelmann @KeganMinecraft @stradastatale16 @ikeSeki @Slick1082
P. S. That is much more visible in ETS2 because of longer history of the game.
Hello Brainiac, i know what are you talking about but for example i prefer doing 1:1 scale map and i love my Project, we are 2 3d developers, 3 map developer and we work very good in a team so it's perfect for us. If you or someone want to partecipate, it's ok but i can't do other maps

Return to “Maps”