[W.I.P] Merced County 1:1 by Mobilek

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Vinnie Terranova

Re: [W.I.P] Merced County 1:1 by Mobilek

#231 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 29 Nov 2021 11:30

What's negative about my post? I just did some observations and I did some basic math calculations. That's all... Besides that I put a smiley which is very important with written texts; it tells people how to read / interpret written texts. Maybe I should start with a smiley... Or maybe I should put a smiley behind each sentence. Or maybe you should learn how to interpret smileys; I mean, olaf28 seems to understand my message pretty well.
olaf28

#232 Post by olaf28 » 29 Nov 2021 13:46

It's funny.
We've had a lot of negative comments on our posts in SCS. Without smileys. There is never a modetator who said or did something about it. That's also the reason TerraMaps no longer posts here.
The moment someone makes a constructive comment, it is therefore seen as negative. Just saying how good or how beautiful something is doesn't help anyone.
You can only learn of mistakes. But you first have to know you made a mistake.
Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Grap: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6
Mobilek

#233 Post by Mobilek » 29 Nov 2021 14:20

@Vinnie Terranova I did read your post, and I've answered you. Just like @Madkine said, adding a smiley doesn't remove the negative tone of your message. I know exactly what your intentions were, when you were posting this message.

@olaf28 That comment is constructive? :lol: I'm not saying that anyone should praise everything without constructive criticism, but comments like this one are certainly not constructive by any means. They just show pure ignorance.

"You can only learn of mistakes. But you first have to know you made a mistake."

Then I would like to know what mistake I've made according to you. :lol:
Vinnie Terranova

#234 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 29 Nov 2021 14:29

Mobilek wrote: 29 Nov 2021 14:20I know exactly what your intentions were, when you were posting this message.
Wrong. You should have written: "I think I know exactly what your intentions were, when you were posting this message." And based on your reaction on my initial post you were thinking wrong. But that's okay; the world is not perfect. To be clear: I had very different intentions with my post.
That having said: let's go back talking about Merced County itself.
olaf28

#235 Post by olaf28 » 29 Nov 2021 14:53

@Mobilek
I agree there is no constructive cristism in this case. I was commenting on what Madkine said.

But alright. We know that it takes a lot of time to make a map mod. There is no doubt about that. And I also understand that you do this in your spare time.
But also understand that if creating a map takes as long as yours, there will be doubts. Will this map ever come?
And making a 1:1 scale map is a lot of work. I would advise don't do it and choose a smaller scale. For example 1:3. That makes it easier for you and the chance that the map will be ready earlier is greater.
I still have high hopes for this map. And sorry if we sometimes say something to trigger you. It can work. But that doesn't mean anything negative.
Mobilek

#236 Post by Mobilek » 29 Nov 2021 15:14

@Vinnie Terranova A message in text discussions should always be unequivocal. If you're saying, that you had different intentions, then your post didn't show it at all. It did show quite the opposite, actually, and now it just looks like you're trying to clear your image after a faux pas.

@olaf28 I can assure you, that I'll try to do my best for this map to eventually come. Yes, there is a lot of work, but I did choose 1:1, because this is a scale that works the best for me. 1:3, 1:5 or anything smaller wouldn't. Plus, a smaller scale doesn't always make things easier, and getting the map earlier is not an advantage in my opinion. Besides that, I've already done so much, that I'm not starting it all over again.
Vinnie Terranova

#237 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 29 Nov 2021 16:10

Mobilek wrote: 29 Nov 2021 15:14A message in text discussions should always be unequivocal.
I always try, and in case of that I'm not sure my message is unequivocal I try to rephrase it or use smileys. Also, don't forget this is an international forum with forum members from all over the world. So you have to take into consideration that some messages might mean something different than what you think it means. Not everyone have English as their native language. This includes me.
If you're saying, that you had different intentions, then your post didn't show it at all.
If it didn't show it, is it because of the message itself or because of how people read it?
It did show quite the opposite, actually
That's possible. It depends on the emphasis people put on certain words / sentences / smileys / etc.
and now it just looks like you're trying to clear your image after a faux pas.
Oh no, I'm not trying to clear my image. Why should I? There's just some miscommunication, that's all. It happens. And it will happen again. No big deal. Let's go back to Merced County.
olaf28

#239 Post by olaf28 » 08 Dec 2021 10:25

Nice work. It looks great. Keep it up.
Mobilek

#240 Post by Mobilek » 10 Dec 2021 15:15

@olaf28 Thanks.

Return to “Maps”