[W.I.P] Merced County 1:1 by Mobilek

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Mobilek

[W.I.P] Merced County 1:1 by Mobilek

#1 Post by Mobilek » 01 Feb 2019 17:59

Merced County 1:1 is my personal map project for American Truck Simulator, in which I want to capture the stunning vibe of the american countryside, and give you the opportunity to relax while roleplaying as a local truck driver. This map is mostly focused on realism and true to life experience. My main goal is to make this mod widely available for all people who love trucks, farming and who want to immerse themselves in the peaceful atmosphere of the american countryside. For free. I started working on this map in 2018. After 5 years, I'm still working on that project. I learned a lot during that time, not only in the Map Editor itself, but also in Blender 3D software. My friend MATAMET was my teacher when I was starting. This project wouldn't exist without his help.

Roads, the most important part of the infrastructure from a perspective of a driver, are crafted with real dimensions in mind. Some of them are really narrow, especially the older, damaged ones.

[ external image ]

Every single road is carefully portrayed as close to its real counterpart as possible, with small details like street name signs, trash laying on the side, holes etc...

[ external image ]

This map is being made with a different playing mindset than most of ETS/ATS maps. Here, the main factor I'm thinking about when it comes to playstyle is roleplaying the life of a local trucker which consists mainly of delivering cargo between the farms.

[ external image ]

It will have a lot of custom "houses/yards" instead of typical standard "garages". All of them custom made.

[ external image ]

You will be able to load/unload cargo directly on fields, just like in real life.

[ external image ]

This map is suitable not only for trucks, but also for different modded vehicles like cars, pickup trucks etc...

[ external image ]

Landscape is made using all of the newest SCS' models and textures, but it also uses additonal, custom ones.

[ external image ]

How big is it?

Final version of this map will cover the entire county. Currently, it covers areas on the east, south, and north of Merced. I have not yet decided on the areas to include in the first public release. I have some ideas in mind, but I want to make enough content for it to not be too small.

When is this map going to be released?

This map is going to be released when I will be 100% sure that it is ready for it. I don't want to give any release dates, because they often change, and I don't want to dissappoint anybody, or create any artificial hype.

Where I can find more information, and follow the project?

Main place where I'm posting updates about the map is my Discord server, for which you can find the link below.

Discord -> https://discord.gg/csDDanhmsK

There are also other pages that you can check out to see more.

SCS Software forum thread -> viewtopic.php?t=268198

eTrucks.pl forum thread -> http://etrucks.pl/thread-49588.html

Facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/MercedCountyATS

YouTube -> https://www.youtube.com/@projectmerced

Email -> projectmerced@gmail.com

~ Bartek (Mobilek), author of the project
Last edited by Mobilek on 17 Jan 2024 22:00, edited 3 times in total.
Tibqe

Re: [W.I.P] Merced County 1:1 by Mobilek

#2 Post by Tibqe » 01 Feb 2019 18:33

Looking good there bud!

I do however, disagree with the 1:1 scale since there's a lack of 1:20 scaled mods on the market. If I were you, I would consider using the default 1:20 scale for the base USA map, but that's just me.
Mobilek

#3 Post by Mobilek » 01 Feb 2019 18:43

Thanks! I went with a 1:1 scale because of this magic feeling and realism. I think there is a lack of 1:20 maps simply because mappers don't want to do certain states before SCS Software does and because SCS's mapping quality is very high in ATS world. But there are some 1:20 maps that are worth trying. :D
befsztyk

#4 Post by befsztyk » 01 Feb 2019 18:51

Looks really good especially intermodal train :)
Mobilek

#5 Post by Mobilek » 01 Feb 2019 18:59

Thanks! :) This is the train from the base game, but looks cool isn't it? :D
Brendan0620

#6 Post by Brendan0620 » 01 Feb 2019 19:03

That looks awesome! Great work Mobilek!
[ external image ]
Intel Core i7 13700F -> MSI GeForce RTX 4060TI 16GB -> 32GB RAM -> Y40 Case
What is your Favorite Interstate in American Truck Simulator?
Mobilek

#7 Post by Mobilek » 01 Feb 2019 19:04

Thank you! :)
BK Vissers

#8 Post by BK Vissers » 01 Feb 2019 19:09

I originally wasn’t too keen on 1:1 scale maps but after trying @hawkbs Dalton-Elliot map for ATS I became hooked. It led me to trying Heilbronn in ETS2 which is superb, and I suspect the closest analogue to your project here. I’m very interested, as 1:1 offers a very different experience than 1:20. I love SCS’ maps, but this looks like a fun experience. Especially if one uses some Sort of distribution type truck.

How much map do you expect to make? One of the challenges of smaller maps is making it have enough roads to not become extremely repetitive for the player.

I wish you the best of success!
Mobilek

#9 Post by Mobilek » 01 Feb 2019 19:28

Thanks!

My goal is to make entire county. Someone may think that this is impossible and I will give up. The truth is that this is not impossible, but very hard. It will take a few years of hard work I suppose. But if you look at Merced County on Google Maps, you will notice that there aren't many dense areas there such as for example Los Angeles metropolitan area. Road network is not very dense too. I like hard challenges and this is one of them. :D
LATrucker

#10 Post by LATrucker » 01 Feb 2019 20:49

Great shots and a really nice trailer! ;)
Please keep the good work up. It looks really promising :)

Return to “Maps”