[WIP] Midwest Expansion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
BigMoesATS2020

Re: [WIP] Midwest Expansion

#201 Post by BigMoesATS2020 » 23 Sep 2020 14:18

I am rather new to ATS but have let it take over my hobby time I previously used for FSX and designing and building airports. My question is for either Midwest Expansion (MWE) or C2C or maybe a little of each. Is it possible in MWE to maybe upgrade Lincoln, NE the capital of NE to look maybe like Topeka, KS the capital of KS. At present there is only a Texaco gas station at Lincoln. Another add on would be Sioux City Iowa on I-29 when going between Sioux Falls, SD and Omaha, NE it sits on the Missouri river and has a lot of Ag industry with a large Beef Slaughter Plant now owned by Tyson, formally the IBP largest plant and HDQ. Than on C2C the Mississippi river that borders between Iowa and Illinois is not present for any of the HWY's that cross so no bridges, this could be a huge improvement for the Midwest, the Tri Cities as known sit about where Walcott is and the big I-80 Iowa Truck stop sites that really would be about the correct spot for the Tri-Cities, Walcott and the big Iowa Truck Stop is actually in Iowa about 20 miles east of the Mississippi river. I love the game and thank you folks that put so much time into making the great improvements that mods like C2C and MWE and others add to the enjoyment of the game. I also know from designing airports only so much can be done but I always liked it when someone pointed out things that may improve my designs and sometimes I could and sometime I did not have the skills to make the improvements but always was open to suggestions. I have NO idea of what and how you folks make these mods and may later look into it to expand my hobby in the simulator world. I am retired and this sure is a way to try to help keep one's mind alert. Thank you.

Jacemeister

#202 Post by Jacemeister » 23 Sep 2020 21:18

Lots of improvements are still to come with Midwest. This is just the “skeleton” so to speak of the map and what it will be. If you think of building a house what you see now is the foundation work and maybe a wall or two. Details will be coming a little bit at a time. Right now I’m adding updated signage to all areas.
Follow me on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/jacemeister
Also follow me on Discord at https://discord.gg/hdSw5vP

gryper

#203 Post by gryper » 03 Oct 2020 18:47

Jacemeister wrote:
23 Sep 2020 21:18
Lots of improvements are still to come with Midwest. This is just the “skeleton” so to speak of the map and what it will be. If you think of building a house what you see now is the foundation work and maybe a wall or two. Details will be coming a little bit at a time. Right now I’m adding updated signage to all areas.
Please keep at it. You and Mantrid are really doing some great work. The country is huge. SCS will take ten years to finish the USA. By that time, we'll probably have a whole new game platform, anyway.

Vinnie Terranova

#204 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 03 Oct 2020 21:46

I don't think we'll have a whole new game platform. I think we'll have an evolved game platform, as the Prism3D is being updated and upgraded all the time.

Frenchman

#205 Post by Frenchman » 03 Nov 2020 13:58

Hi Jacemeister. Has there been an update from version 0.158?

Jacemeister

#206 Post by Jacemeister » 04 Nov 2020 06:30

Not yet 0.159 will be out very soon however.
Follow me on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/jacemeister
Also follow me on Discord at https://discord.gg/hdSw5vP

Frenchman

#207 Post by Frenchman » 05 Nov 2020 15:50

Thank you Jacemeister. Your mod is really interesting. I will wait for this update

SaMartok (NL)

#208 Post by SaMartok (NL) » 05 Nov 2020 20:54

0.159free is available at his Discord @Frenchman

Frenchman

#209 Post by Frenchman » 05 Nov 2020 22:33

I can't seem to find the version on his discord. I'll wait until he posts it on modland.net. I thank you anyway SaMartok

dault3883

#210 Post by dault3883 » 05 Nov 2020 22:38

@Frenchman he doesnt post it on modland like many other mods on modland it is stolen and posted there you have to join his discord channel and its under announcements at the very bottom
Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080

Return to “Maps”