[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ikeSeki

Re: [WIP] ProMods: Canada version 1.x updates and discussion

#811 Post by ikeSeki » 03 Oct 2020 15:42

Great video! Really nice detail and scenery...oh and the signs are awesome! :)
Can't wait for the release, I have a feeling once I enter Canada I won't get out of it for quite some time :D
flight50

#812 Post by flight50 » 03 Oct 2020 16:11

@bricksathome I love it...I love it. Thank you for the post. Its going to be cool to be forced to use the other half on my speedometer now to pay attention to Km vs Mph. This will really help me when playing in ETS2 now. For ETS2 fans coming over, you guys will feel a little more at home in Canada. Since I don't play ETS2 often, I forget the relationship unless I pause the game to do the conversion. I think the signage is going to be one of the most anticipated things for me. Its in a different country but still in English until Quebec mostly. The signs are different enough to remind me that I am not in the US. I like this.

You guys are killing the mountains. Great job there. For me, the backgrounds is what makes the foreground immersive. Its going to be one heck of a map mod project. Move over Canada Dream......a real map is coming, lol. I am getting so pumped now. It all coming together nicely. Congrats on getting to this point ProMods team. I can smell a release coming before the end of the year though. If we are lucking, by Thanksgiving holidays here in the US.

Okay, I am going to go watch the video. I am sure I'll be back to comment more :D

edit:
I am so going to love the traffic lights. I think you guys will end up forcing SCS to finally mimic what you guys done. Except it would be the blinking green arrow and a blinking yellow arrow but same principle.........right of way turning and yield turning. I think this will save a ton of time just sitting at the light when there is no traffic coming. This is one of many things I am sure I will love in ProMods Canada.

@bricksathome are you guys able to force b-doubles and Turn Pike Doubles in traffic in Canada? Maybe at least on the Canada 1?

I was cheesing the whole video, lol. That route is such a beautiful route. This is gonna be awesome. North America in general has some great scenery. Its not just Western US by any means. It extends all the way up thru Canada and all the way down thru Mexico to Reforma's maps. So what we get in the Western US, we get in Western Canada and in Mexico but with their own spin on geography. If this type of combined scenery from all three countries don't pull more people in, I don't know what will. I know I am gonna spend as much time as I can in Canada. Montana is going to be huge for ProMods when it comes. Its going to open up a ton of routes in an out of Canada. I'd say in the next 2 years, we could get Montana and some Alberta in the game.
Marcello Julio

#813 Post by Marcello Julio » 03 Oct 2020 19:13

I watched the gameplay and man, amazing :D Looking forward to what the first version will have to offer :)
And only me noticed the viewpoint icon near the Service Shop in Kamloops? Do will have viewpoints apparently? 👀
Vinnie Terranova

#814 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 03 Oct 2020 21:43

Reforma Sierra Nevada also has some viewpoints, so, yeah, why not? :D
flight50

#815 Post by flight50 » 04 Oct 2020 12:47

I have now watched that gameplay 3 times. Its going to be awesome, that's for sure. First time, I tried paying attention to the background work. The second time, I paid attention to the detailing along the road along with the road itself. Then I watched for that infamous ProMods density that everyone loves in their mods.
StenioBlackHawnk

#816 Post by StenioBlackHawnk » 04 Oct 2020 20:34

@bricksathome Nice work! Are you using a traffic mod? One thing that bugged my mind and I can't figure out is the left signal turn in Salmon Arm! :lol: :?
bricksathome

#817 Post by bricksathome » 05 Oct 2020 19:47

I'd left g_traffic on 5 from when I had been taking screenshots from a while ago and had forgotten to put it back on 1 - thus the traffic spawning is a bit out of proportion (especially with the amount of busses :P )
flight50 wrote: 03 Oct 2020 16:11 @bricksathome are you guys able to force b-doubles and Turn Pike Doubles in traffic in Canada? Maybe at least on the Canada 1?
It's set up in the freight market to allow them in Canada already, I assume the traffic definitions for Canada were set up before SCS added doubles for the AI, so it might need updating
Developer For ProMods Canada
ironspirit

#818 Post by ironspirit » 05 Oct 2020 20:03

I just finished watching the gameplay video and I gotta say I'm quite impressed. It all looks very polished and professional.
SimpleSim

#819 Post by SimpleSim » 05 Oct 2020 22:53

yeah i love the work that has gone into the canada map I'm soo hyped and really i cant wait to get driving on it :).
i love it sooo much i just wanted to drive on it straightaway. promods have done such a fantastic job on it :P :P :P :P
bryntrollian

#820 Post by bryntrollian » 05 Oct 2020 23:00

Can't wait to pull some B-doubles through this map.

Return to “Maps”