[REL][WIP] ProMods: Canada version 1.x updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
plinio.lisboa.br

Re: [WIP] ProMods: Canada version 1.x updates and discussion

#1021 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 22 Nov 2020 20:59

The option of the letter D for me is quite interesting.
Because it leaves British Columbia in its southern part, in a box format, very centralized in the city of Vancouver. So this creates a very interesting transport system for players.
They are not trapped without options to move on, having to return all the way to Vancouver.
The option that doesn't appeal to me is option "C". Why would players who play to Penderton be left with no highway option to continue. The option of letter A, current map, is very good for the moment. It would be incredible if the PROMODS staff manage to complete the letter D option in the next moment.
I believe that the map of British Columbia, will still have 3 more stages of construction, totaling 4 stages of construction until the BC province is completed by PROMODS.
Anyway, the quality and the "A" map of the MOD would be a good DLC if this were possible. It avoids a very common problem in these types of vehicle driving games. Which is that you have a location, where you have no options to go ahead. You just have to return. Highway ends are always a bit monotonous.

That is why I think that adding cultural assets, monuments, scenic - panoramic images, and things that perhaps the cities at the end of the routes have. Because in some cities and routes it is impossible to make a return circuit without going through the cities where you have been.
Creating some other devices to make them interesting can motivate you to play to the final extremes of routes, perhaps with items cited to be discovered (landscapes, monuments, nature, etc.).

Robinicus

#1022 Post by Robinicus » 22 Nov 2020 21:13

Have to make sure an include BC Ferries new COVID signs....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5810982
1.39 combined engine pack now available

1.39 default SCS replacement engine pack now available

MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

B787

#1023 Post by B787 » 22 Nov 2020 21:17

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dault3883

#1024 Post by dault3883 » 22 Nov 2020 22:19

i would love to see mission and the old highway 1 along with golden
Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080

Ruward

#1025 Post by Ruward » 22 Nov 2020 22:32

Greetings oet Grunn!

flight50

#1026 Post by flight50 » 22 Nov 2020 23:11

^ I just linked that on the previous page. Out of respect for their work, I chose to link to their stuff instead of here though.

angrybirdseller

#1027 Post by angrybirdseller » 23 Nov 2020 01:22

Covid signs which government official sign off on the design. I 🤣took a look laughed and read CBC comments :lol:

flight50

#1028 Post by flight50 » 23 Nov 2020 01:44

By looking at that map, it gives me all type of thoughts. One day Idaho will coming into play and connect to it. I don't expect SCS to map North from Sandpoint to Bonner's Ferry until they make Montana to get to Kalispell. Now ProMods can always make BC-3 and extend East and just connect to SCS much later. Either Montana come Oct/Nov 2021 or it could be the Summer 2022 map. Either way, its a ways away. But looking at all that space East of v1.0 has a very gorgeous mountain range in the mix. Crossing that range to get to Alberta is going to be some of the best work ProMods gets to toy with.

It doesn't really seem like a lot of roads but there is a lot of curviness to reach Alberta from BC. I can't wait to see how this will all play out going East in Canada. Get past the mountains and mountains mapping gets a lot easier for sure. I'm definitely a landscape guy so I'm pumped to see how they can get things to work in their mod.

clifflandmark

#1029 Post by clifflandmark » 23 Nov 2020 02:31

flight50 wrote:
23 Nov 2020 01:44
By looking at that map, it gives me all type of thoughts. One day Idaho will coming into play and connect to it. I don't expect SCS to map North from Sandpoint to Bonner's Ferry until they make Montana to get to Kalispell. Now ProMods can always make BC-3 and extend East and just connect to SCS much later. Either Montana come Oct/Nov 2021 or it could be the Summer 2022 map. Either way, its a ways away. But looking at all that space East of v1.0 has a very gorgeous mountain range in the mix. Crossing that range to get to Alberta is going to be some of the best work ProMods gets to toy with.

It doesn't really seem like a lot of roads but there is a lot of curviness to reach Alberta from BC. I can't wait to see how this will all play out going East in Canada. Get past the mountains and mountains mapping gets a lot easier for sure. I'm definitely a landscape guy so I'm pumped to see how they can get things to work in their mod.

Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) - Kocaeli University
Microsoft Flight Simulators' Fan
Starcraft - Diablo II Fan since 2003
Live in Urfa

Sametbey2

#1030 Post by Sametbey2 » 23 Nov 2020 06:18

Can they make short, short ferry routes in Canada just like the RttBS ferry?

Return to “Maps”