[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
dialectus

Re: [REL][WIP] ProMods: Canada v1.0.1 updates and discussion

#1481 Post by dialectus » 25 May 2021 20:35

@flight50 yeah it´s from CanaDream , sry , thx for ur reply ;)
Blackspots

#1482 Post by Blackspots » 26 May 2021 03:34

@dialectus That's not from CanaDream, its from the Caribbean map, since it adds the Kamaz trucks.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
flight50

#1483 Post by flight50 » 26 May 2021 04:38

Caribbean, lol. That makes no sense. I wonder why the map modder added something from Prince George British Columbia when they are mapping in the Caribbean.
oldmanclippy

#1484 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 May 2021 16:21

@flight50 I think it's more so that Prince George is a red herring, and the real issue is the Kamaz trucks.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
JaCrispy

#1485 Post by JaCrispy » 26 May 2021 17:36

flight50 wrote: 26 May 2021 04:38 Caribbean, lol. That makes no sense. I wonder why the map modder added something from Prince George British Columbia when they are mapping in the Caribbean.
Because there are jobs generated in the job market from Prince George to the Caribbean, so the jobs that use the Kamaz truck are the ones causing the issue.
dialectus

#1486 Post by dialectus » 26 May 2021 22:42

@Blackspots i´ve a Kamaz truck mod installed , could be this the problem? i was going to remove it anyway , didn´t like it.
flight50

#1487 Post by flight50 » 26 May 2021 23:25

AKDEC00 wrote: 26 May 2021 17:36 Because there are jobs generated in the job market from Prince George to the Caribbean, so the jobs that use the Kamaz truck are the ones causing the issue.
I am referring to the mapping. Not the cargo nor the truck. What I am asking is why would a map mod contain sectors for the Caribbean that is in the Atlantic Ocean do map sectors way in Canada. This thread is a ProMods Canada thread. The question was asked about Prince George. I responded that this mod (as in ProMods Canada) does not have Prince George mapped. I asked was it CanaDreams because that is a separate map that is not associated with ProMods Canada. So if there is an issue with Prince George in any type of way, I would expect that question to be asked in a different thread than this one.
bricksathome

#1488 Post by bricksathome » 03 Jun 2021 13:05

Temporarily removed the link to download on the first post to ensure this topic complies with the new rule regarding linking to mods, for more info, see This Post
Developer For ProMods Canada
oldmanclippy

#1489 Post by oldmanclippy » 03 Jun 2021 14:05

DOWNLOAD To safely comply with SCS's New forum rule regarding the linking of mods, the download link is not active, for more info, see This Post
(latest version compatible with ATS version 1.40)
To me, this makes it sounds like ProMods ATS is not available in any way. Maybe it's just how I read it, but I would suggest rewording it to "the download link is no longer accessible from this forum" instead of "the download link is not active" so that people don't think the project has been shut down or something.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#1490 Post by flight50 » 03 Jun 2021 14:47

If ProMod ever canceled now in ATS, that would hurt ATS in a huge way. SCS would by down some ATS players that came over from ETS2 just because of ProMods. People are just warming up to this. ETS2 ProMods is well established but there are tons of people that still do not know this is up and running for ATS. I am sure ProMods will not cancel but the new forum rules are making it push in that direction to cease awareness for the mod in general. ProMods uses the SCS asset for the most part. Their custom work that violates would just need tweaks if that is the factor for them.

Return to “Maps”