[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Bandit & The Snowman

Re: [REL] ProMods: Canada v1.1.0 updates and discussion

#1791 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 25 Nov 2021 14:19

Though real life truckers presumably like it simple, anything „challenging” is bound to cause complications and dangerous situations.
Travismods

#1792 Post by Travismods » 27 Nov 2021 13:26

Watermark wrote: 25 Nov 2021 11:59 The new roads and areas in the 1.1.0 update are really exceptionally beautiful and well done. That being said, driving on those remote mountain roads once again gave me this feeling I had for a long time now about ATS and ETS2, more exactly that they are games devoid of meaningful content or even purpose, to the point I feel they've become just "trundle along and look at the landscape" simulators...
That's nothing unique to Promods Canada though. That's a wider issue with the game, the fact that SCS don't really add to the core gameplay. This still is a drive from point a to point b simulator and has been for 5 years. SCS could do a lot more with the game, but they still havent, so I wont hold my breath. They are more on a mission to churn out map DLC with no focus on gameplay until we have the complete US. It's uncomplicated, they know the formula, it brings the bucks. So I dont think we will see any focus on the "landscape simulator" aspect. Even making more unique assets for each state and not relying on the same to 99% would help with everything not feeling stale as far as gameplay goes, but imho Promods is ahead of SCS in that department. What they achieve is above SCS now imho, even using the same old tools. And if SCS ever want to get out of the "landscape simulator" ball park they could start with real weather, wind, realistic truck physics, tire deformation and tires blowing, dirt and so on. Truck inspection. Real interactive trucks and trailers.

And if they want to stay with "landscape simulator" they should focus on popin and poor draw distance and LOD issues of the games landscape. But again, I won't hold my breath and neither should you. Expect 99% to stay the same and you wont be disappointed. As it is, it is a pretty decent landscape simulator, especially with mods like Promods.
clifflandmark

#1793 Post by clifflandmark » 27 Nov 2021 14:36

There must be a wishlist or complain department in SCS. I totally agree with your "innovative" perspective.the thing is, I'm not sure if these innovative ideas worth to be involved. I'd like it, you would like it, but they have to keep it profitable.

There's a fishing area in a local small bay, there are always small ones you catch but you never turn empty to home. In the other hand, there's a Pacific ocean where offers huge legendary fishes but it's , as you guess, a 1/1.000.000.000 chance or less you catch one of it. Are you ready to spend all your sources in Pacific? Is it worth ?
plykkegaard

#1794 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Nov 2021 15:37

At some point you have emptied the pond

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
KubaLinBunio

#1795 Post by KubaLinBunio » 02 Dec 2021 16:20

While I went to Kamloops by other road during leaving of Abbotsford for example, through the bridge over the river, I encountered some invisible wall and couldn't go further with own truck. Sadly I sustained some damage after hitting of it. I hope that somebody will fix this soon.
My current laptop specifications

Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design and Intel® HD Graphics 630
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16 GB
flight50

#1796 Post by flight50 » 02 Dec 2021 16:53

^Report it on the ProMod forum. It does no good mentioning it here without coordinates or location.
stchamber11

#1797 Post by stchamber11 » 02 Dec 2021 18:40

I do not really understand why there would be any comments that are toward the negative range, on a free addon map. Notices about errors in map to help author, Ok, we are all beta testers. But other than that, if there is something not liked about a free addon, just do not use it. I read so many complaints, and the real answer to me is, do not use it if it bothers you. This Canada map is fantastic, thus it is always on my sim.
Trucker_71

#1798 Post by Trucker_71 » 02 Dec 2021 18:57

@stchamber11 It didn't look to me like @KubaLinBunio was complaining, merely pointing out an error in the map.
bricksathome

#1799 Post by bricksathome » 03 Dec 2021 01:10

@KubaLinBunio I don't know what location you mean, a screenshot of the location where the invisible wall is present would be helpful - or, ideally, follow the steps to report a bug on the ProMods forum to include exact co-ordinates of the location
Developer For ProMods Canada
clifflandmark

#1800 Post by clifflandmark » 03 Dec 2021 16:50

I agree promods is as good as an official dlc but he did not mean to insult or underestimate by informing a possibly bug. However, it's not a good sight to see a report from a fan perspective, or from a future fan aspect.

Return to “Maps”