[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
bricksathome

Re: [REL] ProMods: Canada v1.1.0 updates and discussion

#1801 Post by bricksathome » 03 Dec 2021 20:29

On a similar topic to that above, I'm going to spend a bit of time making improvements to the areas of ProMods Canada that have already been released - Rebuilding the gas station at Sicamous to make it more truck-friendly and reworking West Kelowna so that it is actually somewhat represented are some of the things I want to include, but it would be great to get some feedback from players using the mod and those that might have more local knowledge than we do. With that said:

If there's something currently in ProMods Canada that you think could be improved, it'd be great to hear it. Hopefully some of the issues raised can be included in the next/a future update. Thanks 👍
Developer For ProMods Canada
Tristman

#1802 Post by Tristman » 03 Dec 2021 20:39

Glad to hear about upcoming improvements. There's very little I could think of that isn't so great about Promods Canada, but I have had trouble at that Sicamous gas station before.

As for my suggestion, is it maybe an idea to include a repair shop somewhere along BC-99? There currently is nowhere to repair your truck between Coquitlam and Kamloops if you take that road.
Trucker_71

#1803 Post by Trucker_71 » 03 Dec 2021 20:57

@bricksathome In abbotsford (where I live), the Costco and Walmart need to switch places. The Costco in real life is just over the border. and Walmart is actually pretty close to where you have Costco. :)
If you could drop a garage in Abbotsford, I wouldn't complain! :lol:
flight50

#1804 Post by flight50 » 03 Dec 2021 21:56

I don't know which gas station I have in mind but it could be worth running thru them all. There are some that are just too tight just for the tractor itself and no trailer. Now I don't know how frequent trucks stop are in Canada and that could be the reason for small tight ones, but it would be more realistic for the small tight gas stations to just go non functional and be scenic.
Grizzly

#1805 Post by Grizzly » 04 Dec 2021 01:30

It would be nice to have a repair shop in Pemberton or Lillooet. With the mining and forestry roads up there they'd get plenty of business.
aneal13

#1806 Post by aneal13 » 12 Dec 2021 02:54

is this updated for 1.43?
Grizzly

#1807 Post by Grizzly » 12 Dec 2021 03:20

Not yet.
Theosz

#1808 Post by Theosz » 17 Dec 2021 03:32

Anyone who has a profile using Canada Promods has always been out of date for a long time, several weeksS, after the launch of a new version of the game by SCS... and without being able to use the map in a normal and official way. And this time, either use unofficial and unorthodox resources (which is a diversion to a problem created by the Promods team) to be able to use it in the new version of the game, or sit around waiting weeks to play and then be able to participate in the event Christmas... if there's time.

We will always sincerely thank you for being able to use any custom map, any mod actually, and making donations is important :-/ This time SCS needed at least two weeks to be able to adjust the new version in Beta environment and without deep changes to the map by it looks like, but with great cool new features. Released version 1.43 on November 9th, so before there was already a direction of what was to be done to adapt any mod to the new version, and today is November 17th - second day of a new event. I hate to play this boring guy role, but we already know: it'll be ready when it's done (and just sit there because if you complain, you're wrong). An alternative is to have to create another profile without the Promods map because of this problem the team has with the delay and desynchronization with the SCS, or simply to stop using it just so you don't have to wait every time and have no hassles created by other people. Each one does the best for themselves

Deciding to make new further improvements when SCS is in beta seems like a problematic strategy

Keep safe

Google translated
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
plykkegaard

#1809 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Dec 2021 05:56

Relax. WoTr jobs will not work with map mods, never will

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Grizzly

#1810 Post by Grizzly » 17 Dec 2021 23:19

I just disable Promods map and carry on, not a big deal. Just sell off any garages you bought there first.

Return to “Maps”